• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I too changed what I listened to over the years. I still like a lot of the music of my teens because looking back they were some great times in my life. I went from rock to punk, to new wave the grunge. Then I got to the point where I just didn't buy into music. I see consumer electronics as a huge scam with the technology changing to often. I couldn't tell you the last time I turned on the stereo. When the CD changer crapped out in my truck I never bothered replacing it. Houston Radio pretty much has nothing to offer.
    DK Firearms

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    V-Tach,

I too don't care for 'gangster/criminal' music for the disaffected.

'Life isn't fair whiners' get zero sympathy from me.

I would bet few of them spent the night sleeping under concrete viaducts while rain pelted down creating an updraft of wet by the hurtling traffic going by, or abandoned cars, or sneaking into barns after midnight to leave before dawn breaks, or under trees or grave yards and on and on and too going for as much as four days without eating.

Poor miserable dears...with their awful mistreatment...so let's create hateful music cuz ya'll are just haters cuz we're black, .....dumbasses...

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Odd how musical taste with some never evolves.

Reminds me of my Dad who never changed his hair style from the 1930's.....ever.

Get past the musical rut you may be in.

As a young guy, I liked top 40 stuff, but as time passed, I went on to like jazz and ultimately certain kinds of yes.....opera and 1930's music by say "The Ink Spots' with songs like "I don't want to set the world on fire" Not pretentious horseshit, but some music so beautiful it's almost ethereal....Ever hear "Flower Duet" or anything by Puccini? Or Stephane Grappellie and Yehudi M. on violins. Or Cole Porter or the Gershwins?

Now, I look back at my teenage/twenties musical taste and laugh at the crap I thought I'd always thought I'd like and now find well, laughable......

Am I a musical snob?

I don't think so.....I like to think: Eclectic!

Mine has changed too, though not to exclude past favorites. 70's classic rock is still in heavy rotation. But I do love me some Diana Krall.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    I left out B.B. King, what was I thinking?

Along with so many other blues greats!

I love the Blues when performed by greats like B.B.K. and so, so many others....

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Yep. I wanted to go see Boston recently, but $200 was the cheapest.
    And to think, it only cost me $16 at the California Jam (3 day concert) back in 1973 to see the likes of Black Sabbath, Emerson Lake and Palmer, Black Oak Arkansas and many others. Of course, they sold about 100,000 tickets and about 250,000 people showed up.

Chirpy

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Hutto, TX (kinda)
    And the youth of today know nothing of sleeping on a sidewalk in front of a record store to get "good" tickets the next morning when they opened! Got front for for ZZ Top that way back in '82!

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I have my mothers record collection from the 30/s and 40's and early 50's.
    Also have a large collection of Blues CD's from many years past and a bunch
    of 33 1/3 albums.

I have my moms Elvis collection. Some still unopened.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I understand Ben has a record or two...
    Less than 35K, so not that many.

Back to the OP subject, I haven't seen Heart in years but I imagine they're still listenable. They will always be very special to me.

As an aside, the girl I took to my first Heart concert when I was a teenager contacted me via FB two days ago. Says she's dying to hear my voice again.

I'm not sure what to think...

sidebite252

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2013
    Lake Texoma

Back to the OP subject, I haven't seen Heart in years but I imagine they're still listenable. They will always be very special to me.

As an aside, the girl I took to my first Heart concert when I was a teenager contacted me via FB two days ago. Says she's dying to hear my voice again.

The results are in. You ARE the father!

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW

Not sure if the Heart thing happens again. They were playing until a couple years ago, then they had a family squabble. Some accusation about one's husband being inapproriate with the others daughter or something to that effect.

Ann has been playing gigs by herself, and Nancy is doing an occasional gig.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I remember Heart playing the local clubs in Seattle in the early 70's. My opinion is that, although I understand that Roger Fisher's alcoholism played into his being fired from the band, the band itself lost a big part of it's sound after his parting.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    the band itself lost a big part of it's sound after his parting
    Yeah, it was pretty easy to tell the difference.

Still, the heart of the band was/is the two sisters. You can take away everything else, add a couple of new people, and call them The Lovemongers...and I'll still love the way they make music.

Top Bottom