Capitol Armory ad

Will Colorado Split Over Gun and Energy Legislation in the State?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    How would I tell the wife we are moving to N. Colorado??? :rolleyes:

Good for them in taking a stand like this. Regardless of if it is successful, it would be in the very least inspiring.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Seems like we are seeing the clash of rural vs urban. I'd like to see where this effort goes. But I don't think much will come of it. A little voice is saying, 'that stuff doesn't happen anymore. That stuff only happens in history'.

subseashooter

Use Your Imagination.....
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    Here and There
    Seems like we are seeing the clash of rural vs urban. I'd like to see where this effort goes. But I don't think much will come of it. A little voice is saying, 'that stuff doesn't happen anymore. That stuff only happens in history'.

Ditto, but I have to remind myself that 'regular folks' like ourselves have shaped history at every turn....

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    You have to think, when we here about Japan's fear of "waking a sleeping giant" by attacking Pearl Harbor, it was no the government that was the problem for them. It was the American people who wanted to make them pay.

It is still that way. We may have lost our way as a nation but for those if us who remember what made this nation and those who sacrificed, WE ARE FIGHTERS! Those who wish to cower to the government will be cowards, they are nothing and will make no difference.

The government is nothing without the people's support and when that supports wains, the power the government holds will follow.

We are approaching a tipping point in this nation and I see a lot of things happening that many think can only happen in "history".

I pray that things begin to change for the better on a peaceful way.

Edwarethered

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    La Marque, Texas

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't everything that's not now or in the future history?

The only scary thing about this is the government seems to have a love of Stasi style spy tactics(with a technological edge of course) and I wouldn't put it past them to start encouraging "reporting dissenting individuals in your neighborhood." Sadly the lines down here don't seem to be as well divided as they are in Colorado.. With as much as they've pushed, not too long ago we would have already had a major fight, Battle of Athens (1946) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It could be a bumpy ride ahead, and I wish N Colorado the best of luck.

ShootingTheBull

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2013
    I really doubt it, but if they pull it off it'll have serious repercussions in the US Senate.
    Texas could have serious repercussions on the US Senate if they exercised their option to divide into five states (and, of course, if Congress assented).

mosin

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    Laredo
    Texas could have serious repercussions on the US Senate if they exercised their option to divide into five states (and, of course, if Congress assented).

I've never really delved into the politics of Texas but just a guess, most of those states would turn blue quickly.

I "believe" what keeps Texas red is its vast areas of rural small town populations help counterbalance the liberal big city stupidity. If you split that rural vote up the cities will control the individual states and they will go blue.

I don't know the politics of DFW, Houston, San Antonio etc. So if they are strongly red I could be wrong.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    I've never really delved into the politics of Texas but just a guess, most of those states would turn blue quickly.

I "believe" what keeps Texas red is its vast areas of rural small town populations help counterbalance the liberal big city stupidity. If you split that rural vote up the cities will control the individual states and they will go blue.

I don't know the politics of DFW, Houston, San Antonio etc. So if they are strongly red I could be wrong.

Actually you are explaining it well. The large metro counties in TX all went blue (except for Tarrant).
    2012 Election Results Map by State - Live Voting Updates - POLITICO.com

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    We fought the American Civil War over similar conflicts. Slavery, as an issue, came along much later in the war. We are seeing the US Liberal clan battling with the rural folks mostly in our southern states. Locally, we see Liberals in the cities especially in Austin fighting for control of Texas. Some say that Texas will become a Liberal pull toy.

I understand what the folks in northern CO are trying to do but can't help but wish they would band together and force the Liberals out through recall elections and similar tactics. Texans need to watch this closely. Secession is in the air and often discussed.

Flash

Last edited:

woodsong

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2010
    Katy

Note that if Texas did split, the cities of Houston, Dallas, San Antonio, and Austin would dominate the new states -- meaning 8 new liberal Senators.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Thinking long term it is a great concern of mine that as urbanization progresses we are going to end up like Europe. Socialized economy with a hostile immigrant population and a satiated uneducated middle class that thinks themselves wise. I don't know what happens once people move to cities except life is easier I guess so then they get soft and liberal. Real scary thing is once people stop struggling on a farm, or against the weather in a rural harsh lifestyle, they ind something to turn against and that is usual other people.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    North Colorado? Isn't Denver in the northern part of the state? lol... What they need to do is kick Denver and Pueblo out of the state.

dustycorgill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Garland, Texas
    Thinking long term it is a great concern of mine that as urbanization progresses we are going to end up like Europe. Socialized economy with a hostile immigrant population and a satiated uneducated middle class that thinks themselves wise. I don't know what happens once people move to cities except life is easier I guess so then they get soft and liberal. Real scary thing is once people stop struggling on a farm, or against the weather in a rural harsh lifestyle, they ind something to turn against and that is usual other people.

This^^^^^is what they want. To be just like Europe.

recoveringyankee

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Jollyville, TX
    How 'bout we split into two states, the first is given the land that is currently within the city limites of Houston, Dallas, San Antonio, and Austin and we name it Libtard and the other is Texas. Then we build these walls and.......

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    How 'bout we split into two states, the first is given the land that is currently within the city limites of Houston, Dallas, San Antonio, and Austin and we name it Libtard and the other is Texas. Then we build these walls and.......
    Just wall off the entire I-35 corridor and give it to Mexico. Make sure you do this on a weekend so I won't be trapped in Austin. Then we need a hurricane to hit Houston and wash all the refugees back to New Orleans. :rolleyes:

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rod99
    Top Bottom