Gun Zone Deals

Will Colorado Split Over Gun and Energy Legislation in the State?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wabbit69

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Austin
    Thinking long term it is a great concern of mine that as urbanization progresses we are going to end up like Europe. Socialized economy with a hostile immigrant population and a satiated uneducated middle class that thinks themselves wise. I don't know what happens once people move to cities except life is easier I guess so then they get soft and liberal. Real scary thing is once people stop struggling on a farm, or against the weather in a rural harsh lifestyle, they ind something to turn against and that is usual other people.

It's not just rural that go "red". Most of suburbia does, as well. If you break it down by precinct, you'll find it goes more according to household income. I believe it's less about Urban vs rural, and more about traditional Western Judeo-Christian values (cultural, social, moral, and fiscal) vs whatever it is the Left happens to believe at the moment. I can think of no form of government that has lasted more than 5 centuries in the entire history of human civilization, including Egypt. Change is inevitable. Whether or not it's peaceful, I don't know. History doesn't bode well for that outcome.

On a side note, there are some big differences between nowadays and 1860: 1)Manufacturing and Transportation is no longer concentrated in "blue" states"; 2) Thanks to the left's policies of environmental regulations, taxation, and overall NIMBY sentiment, the "blue" states are nearly completely devoid self-sustaining energy production resources; 3) The majority of military installations (except Navy) are located within "red" states; 4) "Blue" states are highly under-represented in the US Military compared to the overall us population, so it will be fairly sympathetic to the "red" cause; 5) The current lack of fiscal solvency on the part of the "blue" states (Kalifornia, Detroit, NJ) will make it harder for them to borrow money from foreign governments, and perhaps entice some foreign governments make their loans available to the "red" states, instead.

Based on the above, I wouldn't put my money on the Union this go'round. I only hope that we get to claim the "Battle Hymn of the Republic" as ours. Don't think the Yankees will want it, anyway. Wonder if they'll come up with an alternate version like "Battle Hymn of the Peter-Puffers". (BTW, this is from a person born and raised in RI, and GTFO as soon as I could).
    Venture Surplus ad

Last edited:
    Top Bottom