• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Odiferous

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Evans, Georgia
    So, after my latest road trip to Liberal-infested Maryland to vist my family, I'm back in Texas.

On the way back, I stopped somewhere near Front Royal, Virginia to get some gas and Chik-Fil-A.

While in line in CFA (and carrying my concealed handgun for the first time in two weeks), I noticed a guy in the next line over with a 1911 in a holster on his hip. He saw me look at him, gave me a nod, and I reciprocated.

I also noticed at least five LEOs in different uniforms, none of whom apparently cared about the guy's perfectly legal behavior.

So after taking the food back to the car, I went back inside to take a leak - but before I did, I removed my outer shirt so that my handgun was now un-concealed.

The same cops gave me a quick look (probably sizing me up, doing a profile), and resumed eating their meals.

No "Wild West" gunfight, no bloodbath, nobody trying to jump me and take my gun.

All of this with children around - Liberty, it's awesome.
    ARJ Defense ad

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Was in Reno, NV last year, guy carrying a RIA 1911 in an OWB holster in a Best Buy. Nobody cared, nobody died.

hellishhorses

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 15, 2013
    Eddy
    But... But... But all the anti-open carry folks tell me that you need to ensure proficiency and obtain proper licensing or else the streets will run red.

Big Dipper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    ATX & FC, WI
    Were any of you able to discern if they were using holsters with protection levels adequate to keep you, a criminal or some curious kid from just grabbing their OCed firearm?

This seems to be another issue that some of the anti-OC crowd seems to obsess over.

RACER X

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2013
    Richmond/Houston
    From NC

uploadfromtaptalk1403538607719.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

hellishhorses

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 15, 2013
    Eddy
    Were any of you able to discern if they were using holsters with protection levels adequate to keep you, a criminal or some curious kid from just grabbing their OCed firearm?

This seems to be another issue that some of the anti-OC crowd seems to obsess over.
    Probably the same level of retention he had on his car keys or cell phone. What difference does it make?

Tx_Mark

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 26, 2014
    I lived in Front Royal for a year or so, nice little town. Never witnessed any OC though, although I was never looking for it either.

"Prepare yourself for the future,with what you've seen in the present"

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    You're lucky you weren't killed for giving up your tactical advantage. The bad guys were probably just about to shoot you with your own weapon right as they noticed the LEOs sitting in the corner. You dodged a bullet.

/sarcasm

Blind Sniper

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2013
    Bay City, MI
    Went shopping at three or four different places yesterday, counted roughly 30 people OCing total - even slipping into the craft store with mom, there were a few obviously packing women.

Ain't freedom a wonderful thing?

Odiferous

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Evans, Georgia
    Neither my nor the other guy's holster had any top-strap typre retention - I protect my gun like I protect my keys, wallet, cell phone, and knife.

Want to try to grab my gun? To me that's attempted murder and I'll respond accordingly.

In all seriousness (IMHO) - if you can't maintain situational awareness and protect your gun, then you probably shouldn't carry it.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County

Most of the anti-OC crowd is also anti-carry and anti-2A, so their only acceptable level of retention would be "locked up in a safe with the ammunition in a separate safe".

Odiferous

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Evans, Georgia
    Most of the anti-OC crowd is also anti-carry and anti-2A, so their only acceptable level of retention would be "locked up in a safe with the ammunition in a separate safe".

Maybe I'll just tape a rubber tarantula over the top of my holster...then again, some of you just might shoot at the spider :laughing:

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    The thing that I wonder about this most, and when I CC on the bike, is "if I go down and land on the gun, how bad will it hurt". Lol.

Doubt I would notice though.

I came upon a bike wreck on FM3090 quite a while back, so I stopped to check on the guy, as did others.
    He requested we look for his Kimber that had flown somewhere.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Here's a picture of me open carrying while playing mini golf at Casel-Land Fun Center in Clovis, NM. The staff looked a my piece, told me the rules, and no one in the park seemed to care. So much for, "Think of the children!"

open carry mini golf.jpg

I must warn you: I did place dead last out of a group of four. I usually place first, so if you are all serious about your mini-golf, you might wanna leave the pistol in the car.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ltlavender
    Top Bottom