• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    The thing that I wonder about this most, and when I CC on the bike, is "if I go down and land on the gun, how bad will it hurt". Lol.

Doubt I would notice though.
    My brain says "but if I land on my gun it'll get road rash"
    lol
    DK Firearms

BIGPAPIGREG

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    San Antonio, TEXAS
    The thing that I wonder about this most, and when I CC on the bike, is "if I go down and land on the gun, how bad will it hurt". Lol.
    Doubt I would notice though.
    when I got mowed down on my bike I hit so hard that my gun came out of the holster (and it fits good & snug), when I peeled myself off the asphalt I reached for it and it wasn't there, looked around and it was about 10 feet in front of where I stopped. I think it came out when my knee hit the rear bumper of the car in front of me........yeah, you will notice.:green:

I hope you will never have to put it to the test Bigun....

Utah

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Don't carry a Glock, it will melt on the hot asphalt.

Glock melting point 428 degrees F (Glock melting point (Nylon 6) - The Firing Line Forums) and asphalt melting point 250 degrees F (Tire and Asphalt Melting)

Ammo cooking off: In his book "Gunshot Wounds" Vincent Di Maio describes various experiments where ammunition was heated in ovens. He says that .22 long rifle cartridges detonate at an average of 275F, .38 Special at 290F and 12 gauge shotgun shells at 387F. The interesting thing about these furnace experiments was that in all instances the cartridge cases ruptured, but the primers did not detonate. In fact the primers were removed from some of the ruptured cases, reloaded into other brass and fired. (http://www.thehighroad.org/archive/index.php/t-278523.html)

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    when I got mowed down on my bike I hit so hard that my gun came out of the holster (and it fits good & snug), when I peeled myself off the asphalt I reached for it and it wasn't there, looked around and it was about 10 feet in front of where I stopped. I think it came out when my knee hit the rear bumper of the car in front of me........yeah, you will notice.:green:

I hope you will never have to put it to the test Bigun....

Not sure what you mean by "Bike" but I had an identical experience on my bicycle once.

I'm glad it was a Glock; it still looked brand new when I cleaned the mud off (aside from the plastic sights). But even if it did get scratched... its a Glock. It's supposed to be ugly.

Last edited:

BIGPAPIGREG

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    San Antonio, TEXAS
    Not sure what you mean by "Bicycle" but I had an identical experience on my bicycle once.

I'm glad it was a Glock; it still looked brand new when I cleaned the mud off (aside from the plastic sights). But even if it did get scratched... its a Glock. It's supposed to be ugly.
    HD Road King Classic......kinda like a Bicycle....:laughing:

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    To All,

I was stationed on/off in Northern VA for close to 20 years and except in the "Oh so wunnerful, wunnerful & liberal" city of Alexandria, hardly anyone even notices OC folk in VA any more.

In point of fact, there is a "taco joint" in Fairfax where it is TRADITIONAL to OPEN CARRY. = The weekends there look like a GUN SHOW, as about 90% of civilians & LEOs are OC.
    (The first time that I was stationed in NOVA, a VA Trooper invited me to lunch & reminded me to "wear a nice holster & handgun, lest you be thought somewhat ODD and not 'one of the good ole boys'." = As a "new guy on the block", I put my P225/P6 in a crocodile-skin OTB holster & got LOTS of compliments on my NICE rig.)

yours, satx

Rios

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2013
    Humble, TX
    On my first visit to Phoenix, I saw a few people OCing. No one seemed to notice. Talked to a few of the average locals and they indicated it was common and not a big deal. A waitress we talked to in Downtown admitted she had a revolver in her purse/locker.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Drove through VA this past weekend. Saw guy OC with Glock at gas station. He had no magazine in his weapon. Told him. He said he takes it out at gas stations because a loaded gun scares some people.

franzas

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 3, 2014
    Richmond, VA
    Drove through VA this past weekend. Saw guy OC with Glock at gas station. He had no magazine in his weapon. Told him. He said he takes it out at gas stations because a loaded gun scares some people.

But leaves it in everywhere else? WTF? If you're gonna bend to the will of others, especially a stupid claim like that, then just don't open carry.

Personally, I could give less than a **** about what others think, as long as I'm not breaking any laws.

One exception to that- fatass and snowboots. If y'all ever see me acting stupid like that, just kill me and say I was threatening you.

franzas

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 3, 2014
    Richmond, VA
    Can you elaborate?

Sure.

inside-chipotle630.jpg

RACER X

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2013
    Richmond/Houston
    That's pretty stupid most people couldn't tell if a gun had a mag in it or not. :confused:

Top Bottom