• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GaryH

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2011
    Cowtown
    Flipping the bird escalated the incident. TXI's 100% correct on his observation in my opinion.

Fortunately, nobody was hurt.
    DK Firearms

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Austin
    I need one of those, but also cameras pointing rearward and to both sides, to get the full picture of how close this guy came to ramming me. Maybe then people would cut me a little slack when they say I overreacted. ;)

This is the one I got. Amazon.com: 2.5-inch HD Car LED IR Vehicle DVR Road Dash Video Camera Recorder Traffic Dashboard Camcorder - LCD 270 degrees whirl: Car Electronics

I'm very happy with it. If your cig lighters turn on and off with your car it will turn the camera on automatically. If your vehicle is like mine and your outlets are always hot the camera will just stay on, which is good for break in identification. It has an internal battery as well, I've had no problems with it draining my truck battery even if I don't drive for a few days.

alexrex20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    This is the one I got. Amazon.com: 2.5-inch HD Car LED IR Vehicle DVR Road Dash Video Camera Recorder Traffic Dashboard Camcorder - LCD 270 degrees whirl: Car Electronics

I'm very happy with it. If your cig lighters turn on and off with your car it will turn the camera on automatically. If your vehicle is like mine and your outlets are always hot the camera will just stay on, which is good for break in identification. It has an internal battery as well, I've had no problems with it draining my truck battery even if I don't drive for a few days.

Sweet! Only $24.26 and Prime eligible! Buying some now.

If only Jonathan Ables had one of these to tell his side of the story.

dbgun

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    Fortunately, nobody was hurt.

At the end of the day, at least nobody got hurt. Well, maybe their pride got dented a little, but at least they walked away with some experience on how things can quickly get out of hand.

Last edited:

willygene

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    texas
    I guess you also missed the part about him speeding up from the center lane, and trying to block me (by swerving at me). :rolleyes:

nope didnt mis the point but if you had ignored him he probably would have stayed were he was you were both at fault. You pissed him off enough to do something stupid. use your noodle your smarter than that.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Story on TOS was first shot from inside car was probably justified. Then she got out of car and walked over to him and finished him off. Not sure how accurate this is, but it seems to be the current reason why she was true bulled.

Wild hair

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    Story on TOS was first shot from inside car was probably justified. Then she got out of car and walked over to him and finished him off. Not sure how accurate this is, but it seems to be the current reason why she was true bulled.

Oh, wow! That would change everything!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    You can wonder all you want; you can think all you want. I still couldn't care less.

I do wonder if you're as arrogant in real life, as you are behind a keyboard...

See, I didn't attack you, yet you go on the offensive and refuse to listen to reasonable discussion. Perhaps THAT kind of reaction from you is why you had such an incident with someone.

It's funny, I don't have those sorts of incidents....................

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    I guess you also missed the part about him speeding up from the center lane, and trying to block me (by swerving at me). :rolleyes:

So? That does not justify your behavior. You cannot justify bad behavior by pointing out other bad behavior.
    Again, think back to your Non violent dispute resolution training. You are acting out from a Child ego state. And that is not an attack, it is an observation based on your description.

I know I could say the sun is hot, and because you dislike me you would vehemently disagree with me, but I am trying to help you here. Take a step back, and consider what you would tell your young, teenaged driver to do in the same situation.

Last edited:

alexrex20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    See, I didn't attack you, yet you go on the offensive and refuse to listen to reasonable discussion.

If every word that came out of Obama's mouth for the past 5 years was a lie, then he spoke a single truth, would you look past his history of lies and deceit and believe him to be an honest man?

alexrex20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    It's funny, I don't have those sorts of incidents....................

No, you're the guy that pisses everyone off, that thinks he's driving like a gentleman by going the speed limit in the left lane while taking 10 minutes to pass the 18-wheeler...

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    No, you're the guy that pisses everyone off, that thinks he's driving like a gentleman by going the speed limit in the left lane while taking 10 minutes to pass the 18-wheeler...

There you go again. On the attack.

I really hope you learn to recognize and control that behavior. It will serve you.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    If every word that came out of Obama's mouth for the past 5 years was a lie, then he spoke a single truth, would you look past his history of lies and deceit and believe him to be an honest man?

Your poor attempt at an analagy and criticism aside, I do hope you learn to let a cooler head prevail.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    "Jonathan had his hands up. He was backing away, but she wouldn't let it go,"

If this is true... she deserves to be prosecuted.

Thing is, that's a quote from the guy's father, who the article does not state or imply was at the scene. By all indications he's not a witness, he's a parent claiming that his little angel would never, ever do the things they say he did.

Now, if an actual witness were to make that claim, there would be something to look into. If the father was actually at the scene (which the article does not say he was), then he'd have a leg to stand on with his claims, but to me this is the telling line from the news story:

"At the time, sheriff's deputies said Scott's account of what happened seemed to match that of other witnesses."

GaryH

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2011
    Cowtown
    Scott(the shooter) said the 22-year-old Ables began screaming profanities at her, then struck the car and tried to open her door. Scott said she was in fear for her life when she pulled the trigger, fatally striking Ables.

He yelled, he struck the car and he tried to open the door. It appears the door was locked and hadn't been breached. That still looks like she wasn't in that much danger. If she did follow the guy and administer the coup de grace I'd lean towards saying it was murder.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I'm careful not to do anything to encourage a situation to get ugly.

If I ever gotta pull the trigger I don't want to be on the stand trying to defend self defense and be asked "so after you flipped him off and yelled obscenities...."

At that point my case would be fubar.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    He yelled, he struck the car and he tried to open the door. It appears the door was locked and hadn't been breached. That still looks like she wasn't in that much danger.

Attempting to get into someone else's car is a self-imposed death penalty.

(A) unlawfully and with force entered, or was attempting to enter unlawfully and with force, the actor's occupied habitation, vehicle, or place of business or employment;

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    "...or was attempting to enter" is the key phrase there. She had no idea what his intentions were, just that he was trying to get her door open to get to her. Sounds fairly cut and dried to me, and it sounds like the witnesses who were on the scene corroborated her story.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Attempting to get into someone else's car is a self-imposed death penalty.

(A) unlawfully and with force entered, or was attempting to enter unlawfully and with force, the actor's occupied habitation, vehicle, or place of business or employment;

Yeah, not really. That is simpy a presumption of reasonable belief.

Top Bottom