• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • espnazi

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    El Paso
    Not trying to offend you or anything, but isn't Karate from Japan and if so how could could it be associated with shaolin which is in china and teaches kung-fu?

TxEMTP69

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    Welcome aboard.... just a thought, but why not trade hour for hour instead of price for price, 10 hours CHL instruction for 10 hours of "self defense" instruction

Col. Plink

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2009
    texas
    I honestly don't know how people rate the value of their CHL instruction or the length of their classes, hence the question.

For those interested, Shaolin Kempo Karate is an integrated art form, drawing principally from the three art forms in the name. Boxing, Chin Na, and Japanese jiujitsu are also contributing art forms.

As for why my first post was on this page of the forum: it was the first that caught my eye. I'm pretty sure I'll be on many of the others. I have also done business with some members of texasguntrader.

GM.Chief

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    Welcome aboard.... just a thought, but why not trade hour for hour instead of price for price, 10 hours CHL instruction for 10 hours of "self defense" instruction

I think this idea would probably be the fairest trade idea vs. class price.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    I honestly don't know how people rate the value of their CHL instruction or the length of their classes, hence the question.

For those interested, Shaolin Kempo Karate is an integrated art form, drawing principally from the three art forms in the name. Boxing, Chin Na, and Japanese jiujitsu are also contributing art forms.

As for why my first post was on this page of the forum: it was the first that caught my eye. I'm pretty sure I'll be on many of the others. I have also done business with some members of texasguntrader.

A CHL class has a required minimum of 10 hrs (IIRC). That entire session covers studying the CHL handbook/laws, a written exam, discussion, a shooting test, and normally ("normally" because not all do) all the paperwork provided with fingers prints and notary. Basically, everything one would need to complete a CHL application to submit to Austin to begin processing.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Coriolis308
    Top Bottom