• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JADB

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    DFW
    The second part of my question was, "What if I didn't have a CHL?"

Are you just rephrasing or are you still asking the same question? Sig_Fiend has already answered it, yes, you'd be in violation without a CHL.
    Texas SOT

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    While it wasn't urgent (I wasn't having engine trouble) I stopped because it was almost closing time at Jiffy Lube, and we live outside of town. I couldn't have made it home and back in time...I could have come back the next day, granted, but since I do have a CHL I felt like I could take the gun inside the waiting area since it was concealed by the case and by the opaque bag.

I do have a small gun safe in my car, chained underneath one of the captain's chairs in the second row of seats. (My Expedition doesn't have a trunk.) It is a small safe, though, and won't accommodate a 5" 1911. My 4" M&P 45c or 3" M&P Shield fit in it, and they are my usual carry.

I didn't think I would be in violation, or I wouldn't have risked it. The first part of my question was to confirm that. The second part of my question was, "What if I didn't have a CHL?"

I hope my post didn't come off as those recommendations being aimed at you? That wasn't my intention. I was mostly speaking theoretically about a person without a CHL to answer that question of yours.

Situations like that are a great example of the use of keeping a discreet gear bag around. Something like a backpack, laptop case, etc. Funny thing is, most of the purpose built "discreet" gun bags out there are anything but discreet. Usually they have MOLLE webbing and other tactical-looking stuff all over them. A simple backpack does the trick just fine, and if it's run of the mill like most people would use, you could have pretty much anything in there with no one ever having a clue. I know one person here that I believe has rocked an under folder AK with an extra mag or two inside a tennis racket case. ;)

GKC

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2011
    San Angelo, Texas
    Are you just rephrasing or are you still asking the same question? Sig_Fiend has already answered it, yes, you'd be in violation without a CHL.

I hope my post didn't come off as those recommendations being aimed at you? That wasn't my intention. I was mostly speaking theoretically about a person without a CHL to answer that question of yours.

No offense taken or intended...I was just trying to clarify for any that had questions about my questions. I think your suggestion of a "discreet" case or bag is a great one....the purpose-designed concealment bags, packs, etc seem to scream "gun!"

No harm, no fowl...or, you can't hunt ducks without rufflin' a few feathers.

Top Bottom