Would you get a Texas LTC if there was no fee paid to the state?

Armybrat

Feb 27, 2009
I will keep renewing my license if CC is finally signed into law. I will renew it whether or not it carries a fee.
Because I like having the ability to purchase a firearm from an FFL and walking out with it a few minutes later.

Mike_from_Texas

Feb 10, 2010
North Texas
Aye Mike.... agreed, didn’t say anything about mandating and the guvment requiring. And I hope this CC goes through, doesn’t eliminate me being on high alert for my surroundings since everyone could then be armed whether they are proficient or not. Hopin’ they take individual responsibilities to be safe for themselves and everyone else around them.
I don’t think we will notice anything different. A bunch’s new inexperienced gun owners ain’t gonna decide to strap up just because they don’t have a license.

I can count on one hand how many people I have seen open carrying since it passed and I live in a semi rural area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

SARGE67

Lifetime Member
Apr 19, 2021
Dallas
I got my LTC recently and fully appreciate the experience. I've always had revolvers around the house and popped some holes in paper targets occasionally but this course made me really aware of the tremendous responsibility in carrying as the instructor only covered a few of the laws out of over 160 plus pages. I have a friend who enrolled himself, his wife and daughter in a separate LTC class and all had never handled a firearm but rented a 9mm the day of the class, and all qualified. To me that is BS. Their instructor told them the same thing I heard - everyone will pass. Were they told that if the firearm isn't connected to your body in a vehicle but laying on the seat next to you it must be concealed? I showed my wife a sign on a restaurant door today, one that amongst all the other signs about stuff would be missed. Licensed or unlicensed possession of a weapon on these premises is prohibited and is a Felony. How many CC folks would even notice it.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
TGT Supporter
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2008
The Woodlands, Tx.
I got my LTC recently and fully appreciate the experience. I've always had revolvers around the house and popped some holes in paper targets occasionally but this course made me really aware of the tremendous responsibility in carrying as the instructor only covered a few of the laws out of over 160 plus pages. I have a friend who enrolled himself, his wife and daughter in a separate LTC class and all had never handled a firearm but rented a 9mm the day of the class, and all qualified. To me that is BS. Their instructor told them the same thing I heard - everyone will pass. Were they told that if the firearm isn't connected to your body in a vehicle but laying on the seat next to you it must be concealed? I showed my wife a sign on a restaurant door today, one that amongst all the other signs about stuff would be missed. Licensed or unlicensed possession of a weapon on these premises is prohibited and is a Felony. How many CC folks would even notice it.
Is this what the sign actually said?

ETA: Ninja'd.

SARGE67

Lifetime Member
Apr 19, 2021
Dallas
Is this what the sign actually said?

ETA: Ninja'd.
Actually we were inside and I was trying to read it backwards but got the point after the Felony Warning which caught my eye. Folks at next table thought I was staring at them but I explained I wasn't. I can assure you it was making the point about licensed or unlicensed possession very clearly of which they can do. Even if they wrote it on a paper towel outside the door, it stands. Correct me if wrong...

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
May 28, 2008
Mustang Ridge
Actually we were inside and I was trying to read it backwards but got the point after the Felony Warning which caught my eye. Folks at next table thought I was staring at them but I explained I wasn't. I can assure you it was making the point about licensed or unlicensed possession very clearly of which they can do. Even if they wrote it on a paper towel outside the door, it stands. Correct me if wrong...
You are wrong

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
Lifetime Member
Jan 23, 2009
New Braunfels, TX
FYI - the EXACT wording required is:

"Pursuant to Section 30.06 (Trespass by License Holder With a Concealed Handgun), Penal Code (trespass by license holder with a concealed handgun), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411 (Department of Public Safety of the State of Texas), Government Code (handgun licensing law), may not enter this property with a concealed handgun"

Sounds to me like you were reading the warning about unlicensed carry - because licensed carry in a 30.06 posted establishment is a Misdemeanor.

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Shroud
Every Day Man

Forum statistics

Threads