Would you have shot this guy?

Discussion in 'General Firearms & Ammo' started by hoytinak, Jul 7, 2009.

1. hoytinak

hoytinak Active Member

Mar 5, 2008
    Texas of course
    I would have drawn and shot in fear of my life. How stupid can people be???

YouTube - What Would You Do If ? - Elevator - ( David Spates )

If someone shot this guy dead I can't possibly see any DA in the country prosecuting it. Especially with the video evidence of him chasing people with a freaking machete!!!

2. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    Honestly, he probably would have caught me off guard and I would have run, LOL.

I'm usually in la la land on elevators.

3. 1rightguy

1rightguy Active Member

Mar 25, 2009
    Would have scared the sheet out of me. I bet he wouldn't be doing that for very long if he had been doing it in Texas.

4. Big country

Big country TGT Addict

Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    I would......................... not know.:gotme: I have never been in a situation like that armed. I would however have pulled my knife. Hey it's better than a bare knuckles match with a machete.:fighting0010:

5. Big country

Big country TGT Addict

Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Probably not.

6. 40Arpent

40Arpent TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    Staged. Like they didn't notice him him standing right there in front of the adjacent elevator. Come on now guys...

7. ironman45693

ironman45693 Member

Mar 12, 2008
    Austin
    The stupidity of some people baffles me. I wonder if he even realized he could have gotten shot?

8. SIG_Fiend

SIG_Fiend Administrator TGT Supporter Admin

Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I think it's most likely all the other guys were friends of his. I kind of doubt he just went into public and randomly did that to people. You could clearly see that any of the guys pressing the button to the elevator would have easily seen him, as in there is no possible way he was hiding behind that 1 foot corner. ;)

If that situation were real, what I would like to think I would do is the support hand flies up to sacrifice itself unless I'm able to deflect the slash, while simultaneously moving off the line and primary hand drawing the gun. No shots to the body, mag dump to the face. At that range, body shots are too slow to disable, and a head shot is the only thing that can nearly instantaneously stop someone when done correctly. In reality though, I would most likely jump up and scream like a little girl, probably piss myself, and maybe blow a hole through the floor as I try to draw with my finger on the trigger, and the crime scene techs would probably spend a decade trying to figure out how I fired 25 times (single stack), including 2 reloads, without hitting a damn thing even at 3 feet. :rofl: lol

9. zembonez

zembonez TGT Addict

Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    Between the eyes.

10. hk boy

hk boy Active Member

Mar 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    TXSUT is right--looks staged