Patriot Mobile

Would you rock Costa's latest lever-gat setup?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    I own one lever action, because everyone needs too. It’s a 30-30 and I’d like a 45-70 because, again, I should.

Someone mentioned post AR world. In that case, my SOCOM 16, if also gone than an older REM 700 that has been improved. I’ll be faster, better rounds and better distance. Levers are cool, but only for the nostalgia factor, IMO.

Midlifer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013

The Beard has really gone whole-hog with cowboy guns it seems, but he's still tacticool. I gotta admit I'm not a purist when it comes to lever guns, though there are some really soul-hurting mods I've seen done.

His latest rendition of the .45-70 is intriguing, though there's a few things I'd be less than thrilled with like the stock (I think I'd still rather have a wooden stock, with a leather cuff to hold the rounds there) - I do like that full length rail though.

No, lever guns should be wood and either blued or case colored steel.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    No, lever guns should be wood and either blued or case colored steel.
    Incorrect
    4CAB7846-7F54-46C4-82D9-D6850CBCA8A0.jpeg

paknheat

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2022
    Texas, Somewhere near Palestine
    After watching the video I have come to the conclusion I wouldn’t want the rifle.

I own 4 lever guns, all of them in classic trim. I think if I were in a position to upgrade, either the Marlin Dark or Henry X in factory configuration would be about it.

The set up Costa is using is just too much for me, I don’t plan on hanging lights, lasers, coffee makers, or aquarium bubblers off
    my lever guns. But that’s just me.

During these times if he has people throwing cash at him to run a class playing cowboys & cardboard more power to him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

paknheat

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2022
    Texas, Somewhere near Palestine
    My Marlin Dark is about as Tactifudd as I care to go.

Well, maybe a Crimson Trace red/green dot optic on my 1894, but it is a tool for removing chicken coop raiding vermin, so it’s ok. ;) View attachment 330750

Nothing wrong with this. It’s still slick. To me a lever gun needs to feel nimble. That’s it’s strength, quick to the shoulder for a fast shot or two. I like how you have both of yours set up.

Hang all kind of rails, lights, scopes that need a satellite dish to operate, rails & cheese graters , you be better off with one of those 19 lb M-4s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

claymore504

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    Looks kind of cool. I am really not feeling the stock. I prefer lever guns in a classic format and the ones I have are. However, I am thinking about doing a modern lever build. I am going to go 357 or 44 though on my build. I agree thought that the price to build one is pretty high and that is what has held me back so far.

Top Bottom