Hurley's Gold

Would you support an organization that will fight for Texas gun rights?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Would you support an organization that will fight for Texas gun rights?

• Would you support an organization that will fight for Texas gun rights?

Votes: 69 95.8%
    • Do you think such an organization would be a waste of time?

Votes: 3 4.2%

• Total voters

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    [BoT] Jack;193201 said:
    Yes well, I graduated college some four years ago and don't plan on going back. Campus carry does nothing for me. Open carry on the other hand will be very beneficial for me. So should I follow your example and demand that campus carry be buried until we get open carry?

Out of curiosity, what makes open carry so beneficial for you?

[BoT] Jack

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Bastrop, Texas
    It means I can carry what I want and not have to worry about printing. It means that I can carry without having to pay money I don't have for a right that should be free. $300 is a lot of money, and I probably wont even be able to afford a CHL till mid-next year.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I want legal carry in college buildings first, then go for open.
    TSRA is focusing on campus carry currently. They have that ball and I hope their play is successful. That is not the focus of the group being discussed in this thread, however. If you really want Constitutional Carry, then I think you should consider supporting the new group. No one is saying you have to support only the TSRA or the LSCDL... I'm already a member of the TSRA and plan to join the LSCDL as soon as they pass the sign up sheet around. I think the two groups will compliment each other.

San Antone RR

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    San Antonio
    54? I know we can do better than that. Who's that one party pooper?!?
    Hell, 54 is a pretty good number if you consider who does the majority of the posting here. I would bet you have a good number of lurkers that don't post much who have voted in support of this idea. Get it off the ground, set up a way to contribute with PayPal and via CC and I am guessing it will take off.

Fisherman777

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    45R
    Hell, 54 is a pretty good number if you consider who does the majority of the posting here. I would bet you have a good number of lurkers that don't post much who have voted in support of this idea.

True enough.

Get it off the ground, set up a way to contribute with PayPal and via CC and I am guessing it will take off.

We're working on it.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    I wonder who the 2 people that oppose this are.

Doesnt matter who they are. Its simply 2 people who dont agree with the agenda that hasnt even been posted yet.
    See how this works? Nothing has been done yet, but some people will already disagree.
    We'll have our goals posted on the site when its up and running and it will be up and running within the next week.
    As for choosing battles, anything that restricts people that have done nothing wrong will be subject for us to correct.
    This organization will be desired by those who dont want to be restricted like a bunch of criminals.
    While I was in Arizona this weekend, I carried a 45 around all over the place and felt like I was doing something wrong. Im ashamed that living in Texas so long has conditioned me to feel that way. I also saw a little girl about 7 years old with a revolver on her hip. The only thing I could think of is how she could shoot a sex offender right in the ass!! Its legal for a child of any age to carry in Arizona while their parents are with them. Not to mention I thought see looked just so damn cute with that OC rig.. That girls parents are conditioning a child who will grow up well rounded.
    I felt like I left Texas and traveled to a free county this weekend and that makes me MAD!!!!
    My buddy Rich had a S&W 500 cannon on his hip all weekend. I studied how people looked at him from New Mexico and while we were in Arizona. You know I never once saw anyone give the man a second look. They seemed to have not even noticed. One of the stores we stoped at had some gang banger looking fool in it. They were the only one's who seemed to notice the S&W 500. I saw them stay all the way on the other side of the store from him.
    I stood outside of the Hotel we visited and watched a Knock out in a red dress as hundreds of people passed her by carrying guns. People just didnt seem to be alarmed by firearms at all.
    We got a lot of work to do because nobody else has been doing it!!
    Anything to do with your right to self defense and carrying of firearms will be the battles we choose..

rodbender

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    Elgin, Texas
    I was in AZ for the bike rally at Westworld in the spring and I felt like I was about to be arrested for the first couple of days. After that it felt pretty damned good to tell you the truth. Riding from Scottsdale to Sadona and back we must have seen a couple dozen cops and I only noticed one that took a double take, maybe it was the Texas tags. The citizens, well, I guess they had better things to do than worry about some Texas hick carrying a 1911.

Top Bottom