Venture Surplus ad

Would you support an organization that will fight for Texas gun rights?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Would you support an organization that will fight for Texas gun rights?

• Would you support an organization that will fight for Texas gun rights?

Votes: 69 95.8%
    • Do you think such an organization would be a waste of time?

Votes: 3 4.2%

• Total voters

XinTX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    South of Houston
    Guys, let me tell you a little something about groups such as this. They get started with the best of intentions. Then they start broadening their agendas, and:

1. Their core message becomes dilluted by other issues.

2. Those out to corrupt the main goal use these side issues to detour folks from the primary focus.

3. Others, with their own agendas, join our group seeing a ready-made organization to champion THEIR cause.

4. Still others - the REAL fringe elements, join in and further confuse the issues with all kinds of off-the-wall ideas/suggestions/causes, creating discord within the group.

5. Yet other factions will join with the ultimate goal of destroying us from within, and will use those from scenarios above, or create their own - and ultimately discredit the entire group and the ideas it tried to put across.

Do one thing. Do it well. Let others do what they wish. Define you goal and path, and never stray from it - because to do so WILL bring you down.

Doubt me? Ask many of the 60's groups that got infiltrated by various government agencies.....

Or read "Rules for Radicals" to understand how they'd try to toss out all kinds of red herrings to throw you off. It's good to understand the tactics of your opponent. And you will have opposition.

rodbender

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    Elgin, Texas
    Or read "Rules for Radicals" to understand how they'd try to toss out all kinds of red herrings to throw you off. It's good to understand the tactics of your opponent. And you will have opposition.

"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer." I forget who said it.

"Rules for Radicals" by Saul Alinsky
    "The Communists Manifesto" by Karl Mark and Fredrick Engels

The two best reads to keep your enemies closer than your friends. That is, if you are a liberty loving American.

TexasBrit

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    DFW
    All in.......Open Carry needs to be the FIRST action item to be addressed. Not that I would open carry on a regular basis, just protection from all those Kommiefornia Progressives who have invaded north Dallas, who may catch sight of my Colt under my shirt when reaching to the top shelf at the local store.
    But then again, my wife would Open Carry all the time for two reasons, one because womens fashon tends not to cover a holstered pistol and two, to piss off all the local Liberal Progressives..........you know, the one's that dial 911 when a bad guy kicks the door in....just like on the commercials....lol

Fisherman777

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    45R
    Count me in

Fantastic! One more!

Well, after this thread being up for so long, I'm surprized that the number isn't higher than 45. But understanding that most people don't click on every new thread on the site that comes up and it isn't a sticky helps to explain it. I'm sure that we'll get a lot of support when we get some real exposure (workin' on that as are a few others) and our goals are posted and clearly laid out. After all, Texas is much larger than AZ so our membership has much more potential to grow. Yall dig?

randmplumbingllc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    El Paso
    Fantastic! One more!

Well, after this thread being up for so long, I'm surprized that the number isn't higher than 45. But understanding that most people don't click on every new thread on the site that comes up and it isn't a sticky helps to explain it. I'm sure that we'll get a lot of support when we get some real exposure (workin' on that as are a few others) and our goals are posted and clearly laid out. After all, Texas is much larger than AZ so our membership has much more potential to grow. Yall dig?

True. I bet we will see a huge increase in interest, once we have started the group formally. Talk is cheap, and until people see something (like a website), all WE are doing is talking.

Onct we are official, I think we will see more people jump on the wagon.

I sure hope that there are more then 45 of us wanting to fight for Texas gun rights.

Fisherman777

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    45R
    I sure hope that there are more then 45 of us wanting to fight for Texas gun rights.

I'm sure there are. Like you said, talk is cheap and we'll just have to follow through with all of our big talk.

Then, we'll have to be such a big nusance to the legislators that they'll say yes just to get their phones to stop ringing and their e-mail inboxes to stop filling up every day.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    True. I bet we will see a huge increase in interest, once we have started the group formally. Talk is cheap, and until people see something (like a website), all WE are doing is talking.

Onct we are official, I think we will see more people jump on the wagon.

I am all for gun rights, just worried about the people I know that I am aware of that I would be scared to have walking around carrying a gun & not requiring ANY training or conditions at all.
    And if I know some, just imagine how many there are out there.

There are people I know with CHL's that scare the **** out of me.....scares me to think of them walking around armed, lol.....

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    I am all for gun rights, just worried about the people I know that I am aware of that I would be scared to have walking around carrying a gun & not requiring ANY training or conditions at all.

There are people I know with CHL's that scare the **** out of me.....scares me to think of them walking around armed, lol.....

Yea, but how do you tell people who haven't done anything wrong to defend themselfs? Do you tell them to take a CHL class that is mostly about law and regulations that dont benefit anyone, nor prevent crime? Do you tell people they cant defend themself unless they pay the state for that right. How about telling someone they cant buy a gun, carry a gun, or defend their dependents unless they proove to you their ability to shoot a hand gun ?
    Could you give all of Texas a reasonable explaination why they have to proove anything to anyone in order to defend their God givin rights..
    Can you ensure people no harm will come to them in the great state of Texas, and that nobody will allow themto become a victim?

I cant answer yes to any of these questions and neither can you..
    The fact is, people who have done nothing wrong should not be regulated. People who commit crimes should have strict, harsh punishment. " Two thing Texas Legislature has forgotton".

randmplumbingllc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    El Paso
    I'm sure there are. Like you said, talk is cheap and we'll just have to follow through with all of our big talk.

Then, we'll have to be such a big nusance to the legislators that they'll say yes just to get their phones to stop ringing and their e-mail inboxes to stop filling up every day.

I think that the capwiz program that AZCDL uses will be very helpful inb being a "nusance" to them folks in Austin. If you check out www.azcdl.org, you can see what it is. THAT will pester them to no end.

randmplumbingllc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    El Paso

That is the beauty of being armed, YOU can shoot back ! (kidding) It is all about your right to choose HOW you carry. I can tell you that Arizona has had it for a VERY long time and there have been no real problems. Why would Texas be any different ? We have freedom of speech too, no one requires "training" to let some of those fools talk.....well, maybe they should !(kidding again)

I do understand your fears, but once people get use to the idea, the State will not turn into a shooting gallery because it happens. Just like the CHL law being passed. Everyone said there would be lots of blood in the streets....didn't happen.

Fisherman777

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    45R
    I think that the capwiz program that AZCDL uses will be very helpful inb being a "nusance" to them folks in Austin. If you check out www.azcdl.org, you can see what it is. THAT will pester them to no end.

I'm looking at Capwiz | Tools to Deliver Constituent E-mail Messages to Congress right now. They've got a lot of handy products. They don't say a thing about price until you contact them though. When the website is up, I will request a demo and prices. I don't like surprises. Well, not those kind.

APatriot

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2009
    Houston, Tx
    There's been some talk in the thread at http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/...t-another-open-carry-thread-1.html#post189614 about starting a Texas Citizens Defense League, similar to the Arizona Citizens Defense League.

We'd be starting from scratch, but would have the support of the AZCDL and possibly other state CDL's. The original goal would be to push for open carry, but all other gun related legislation would be fought for - including parking lot carry, campus carry, repealing the 51% provision, etc.

I am in. Although I am not a supporter of OC in general, I would support OC for CHL holders (i.e., if you have a CHL you can open carry if so desired), as well as other gun legislation.

Cliffh

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    North Texas
    Originally Posted by ZX9RCAM

I've heard from more than one person that they're "concerned" about others who they don't feel are stable/mature/whatever enough to open carry. Yet these same people are OK with others carrying concealed, even though carrying concealed means that no one else knows who is carrying. Seems to me that it would make those who are "concerned" feel more safe if they could actually see if someone else is carrying.

Myself, I don't worry about getting shot by another law-abiding person. The odds of that are astronomically small, less than the chance of getting hit by a car while crossing the street, or falling in the bath, or any of many other accidents that befall people daily. Why "concern" myself with what someone else is doing, especially since there's very little chance that I'll be adversely affected by what they're doing?

randmplumbingllc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    El Paso
    I'm looking at Capwiz | Tools to Deliver Constituent E-mail Messages to Congress right now. They've got a lot of handy products. They don't say a thing about price until you contact them though. When the website is up, I will request a demo and prices. I don't like surprises. Well, not those kind.

It is a great tool, as you can see. I think it will be invaluable in what we are wanting. If AZCDL uses it, it can't be that expensive. They are pretty penny wise over there. We could be hammering the Texas legislature in no time flat. Would be a good starting point, until we get a full time lobbyist (or two) in Austin.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I've heard from more than one person that they're "concerned" about others who they don't feel are stable/mature/whatever enough to open carry. Yet these same people are OK with others carrying concealed, even though carrying concealed means that no one else knows who is carrying. Seems to me that it would make those who are "concerned" feel more safe if they could actually see if someone else is carrying.

Myself, I don't worry about getting shot by another law-abiding person. The odds of that are astronomically small, less than the chance of getting hit by a car while crossing the street, or falling in the bath, or any of many other accidents that befall people daily. Why "concern" myself with what someone else is doing, especially since there's very little chance that I'll be adversely affected by what they're doing?

But these people have at least had to proove (minimally, I know) that they can at least hit a target & know (supposedly) how to operate the weapon they are carrying.

I am concerned about all the morons that have never held a gun in their life, walking around with one on their hips......possibly having never even been told not to point
    it at things (people) they don't want to shoot.

There is a reason people have to take driving tests & such......do you you feel that if anybody that wanted to drive could just hop behind the wheel of
    a 4,000lb projectile & take off with absolutely no idea what they are doing it should be OK?

rodbender

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    Elgin, Texas
    But these people have at least had to proove (minimally, I know) that they can at least hit a target & know (supposedly) how to operate the weapon they are carrying.

I am concerned about all the morons that have never held a gun in their life, walking around with one on their hips......possibly having never even been told not to point
    it at things (people) they don't want to shoot.

There is a reason people have to take driving tests & such......do you you feel that if anybody that wanted to drive could just hop behind the wheel of
    a 4,000lb projectile & take off with absolutely no idea what they are doing it should be OK?

What if you had to take a test to make sure you could type, spell, put sentences together properly, know how to correctly seperate paragraphs before you could exercise your right of free speech and write the above statement? It's a right, driving is not.

[BoT] Jack

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Bastrop, Texas
    Arizona, Alaska, New Mexico, Nevada, Idaho, Washington, Oregon, Missouri, South Dakota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Kansas, Colorado, Ohio, Vermont, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania, Kentucky, Louisiana, Alabama, North Carolina, Virginia, Maine, Delaware, West Virginia, California and Wyoming.

They all have unlicensed open carry. Last I checked, none of them had any problems with it.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RafaelQ
    Top Bottom