Hurley's Gold

Would you support an organization that will fight for Texas gun rights?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Would you support an organization that will fight for Texas gun rights?

• Would you support an organization that will fight for Texas gun rights?

Votes: 69 95.8%
    • Do you think such an organization would be a waste of time?

Votes: 3 4.2%

• Total voters

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    I would hate to see what happened at the protest in front of APD happen with us. A loud mouth radio personality showed up to piggy back on our protest and kept forcing himself in front of us to get camera time and advocating violent actions, making all of us look bad.
    DK Firearms

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    A loud mouth radio personality showed up to piggy back on our protest and kept forcing himself in front of us to get camera time and advocating violent actions, making all of us look bad.

You have off-duty PD on hand as security to remove them from the forefront. The opposition will do the same - ask folks in the Tea Party movement. You have to think ahead, plan for and be prepared for a wide variety of things. Believe me - those that will oppose this WILL be in strategy sessions brainstorming for every dirty trick they can come up with. It's going to be on US to be prepared for such an occurence, and have a way of dealing with in in a way that's creative, and designed to make THEM look as bad as possible. One way is to immediately (and loudly) denounce anyone trying to "take over" our event as detractors, and PUBLICLY wonder to the media if they're tied in with whatever groups are opposed to us, pointing out that we're responsible adults, not rabble-rousers. One way will be to have VERY heavily-controlled "Member ID" badges that won't be public knowledge until folks sign in, etc., to participate - and every person that signs in will have to show their CHL. Those without CHL's will HAVE to be vetted prior to the event, and PERSONALLY vouched for by someone KNOWN to us. That "sponsor" will be "accountable" for the actions of whoever they vouch for.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    You have off-duty PD on hand as security to remove them from the forefront. The opposition will do the same - ask folks in the Tea Party movement. You have to think ahead, plan for and be prepared for a wide variety of things. Believe me - those that will oppose this WILL be in strategy sessions brainstorming for every dirty trick they can come up with. It's going to be on US to be prepared for such an occurence, and have a way of dealing with in in a way that's creative, and designed to make THEM look as bad as possible. One way is to immediately (and loudly) denounce anyone trying to "take over" our event as detractors, and PUBLICLY wonder to the media if they're tied in with whatever groups are opposed to us, pointing out that we're responsible adults, not rabble-rousers. One way will be to have VERY heavily-controlled "Member ID" badges that won't be public knowledge until folks sign in, etc., to participate - and every person that signs in will have to show their CHL. Those without CHL's will HAVE to be vetted prior to the event, and PERSONALLY vouched for by someone KNOWN to us. That "sponsor" will be "accountable" for the actions of whoever they vouch for.
    All members will be issued a members ID card. Any and all gathering will be held on private or rented property that the organization will have lawful control of. Just like the Arizona group, meeting will require you to bring your firearm, and show your members card to get in. Public protest doesnt accomplish as much as organized meetings based on political strategy. A well collected organization will accomplish the most. This gathering on the streets issue is not the best method to keep the BS out.
    The streets will only be a source of travel to get to the meeting place.

rodbender

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    Elgin, Texas
    [BoT] Jack;191157 said:
    What about those out there that simply can't afford one? For instance, I have been a member of OCDO since june, been interested in the OC issue since 08-09. But I have not been so lucky as to be able afford a weapon quite yet.

If you can't afford one, you should not be required to bring one. If you are, I will loan you one if I am at the event.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    [BoT] Jack;191157 said:
    What about those out there that simply can't afford one? For instance, I have been a member of OCDO since june, been interested in the OC issue since 08-09. But I have not been so lucky as to be able afford a weapon quite yet.
    Damn good point. In that case dont worry about it. Organized meeting are simply a method to keep the trash out. Anyone that supports Constitutional Gun Rights, and Constitutional Law is welcome no matter what.
    This aint going to be no Elitist BS club. Money doesnt matter. Actually, this organization wont even require payment for anyone to be a member. It's all nonprofit, just give what you can. I'll have more details on that idea when the site gets posted.
    For now just understand that nobody will be turned away, well except for Elitist and people that dont like guns.
    This is a group for Texans, and people who want to make Texas the best it can be.

Fisherman777

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    45R
    All members will be issued a members ID card.

How about a card with something like this on it?

logo1_sm..jpg
    Not the finished product.

rodbender

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    Elgin, Texas
    Damn good point. In that case dont worry about it. Organized meeting are simply a method to keep the trash out. Anyone that supports Constitutional Gun Rights, and Constitutional Law is welcome no matter what.
    This aint going to be no Elitist BS club. Money doesnt matter. Actually, this organization wont even require payment for anyone to be a member. It's all nonprofit, just give what you can. I'll have more details on that idea when the site gets posted.
    For now just understand that nobody will be turned away, well except for Elitist and people that dont like guns.
    This is a group for Texans, and people who want to make Texas the best it can be.

Shouldn't there be some kind of litmus test to make sure the riftraft and elitists and any infiltrators can't get in? Personally, I think first order of business should be to set up some kind of defense fund for people to donate to for people that can't afford a good attorney and get falsely charged with a firearm crime.

When you say non-profit, do you mean a 501(c)3 or something like it? Easier to get donations if it is.

Fisherman777

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    45R
    Shouldn't there be some kind of litmus test to make sure the riftraft and elitists and any infiltrators can't get in? Personally, I think first order of business should be to set up some kind of defense fund for people to donate to for people that can't afford a good attorney and get falsely charged with a firearm crime.

When you say non-profit, do you mean a 501(c)3 or something like it? Easier to get donations if it is.

Since the organization is political, I don't think we can be 501(c)3. But I'm not sure about that. It would good if I were wrong.

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station

I agree with this except for the CHL part, i for one dont have one and that is for a reason that is pretty well known to this forum and its all politics.

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    Looks like A winner to me!! I have a buddy that makes badges, i'll copy that and see if he can make copper or brass badges out of em.
    Be nice to have a badge you can put on your hat or have embeded into a holster.

I like the idea of the member ID card. The badge idea is a good one too. We will also need to look into shirts for officers with this emblem embroidered on the left breast of the shirt. With name and position on the right.

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station

What kind of test are you talking about? We dont need to have a test for membership in a political org (it would seem like the old literecy test to vote). But a test that is in the Bi-Laws to hold an officer postion wouldnt be a bad idea. We need to set up a Chain of Command with state level officers and regional officers. And once we determin the first group of officers, those officers will need to get together for a meeting to come up with bi-laws.

Should we start with officer appointments or should we vote for the first group.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Since the organization is political, I don't think we can be 501(c)3. But I'm not sure about that. It would good if I were wrong.
    My idea of political may not be " Correct". Lobbying for better laws, and more right for Texans seems to be political to me.
    I dont know what exactly it should be called, but the organization is simply established to promote good Law.
    West Texas knows a lot about how to establish such organizations, i'll have to get with him and get all the details.

rodbender

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    Elgin, Texas
    What kind of test are you talking about? We dont need to have a test for membership in a political org (it would seem like the old literecy test to vote). But a test that is in the Bi-Laws to hold an officer postion wouldnt be a bad idea. We need to set up a Chain of Command with state level officers and regional officers. And once we determin the first group of officers, those officers will need to get together for a meeting to come up with bi-laws.

Should we start with officer appointments or should we vote for the first group.

It was more of a rhetorical question than an actual question. Just thinking that the unwanteds will probably be culled out naturally.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010

The real test for members will be simply their decission to join. During meets, and events, and having them on property controll by the organization will enable us to make anyone leave that seems to be negative toward the group.
    I dont see any reason to keep anyone out other than the actions they commit.
    Also remember, it would be a great accomplishment to help people realize the beneifit in what were fighting for. If we convince one liberal that firearms are one of the Great American freedoms, we have accomplished something. If we convince the gun fearing community that firearms are tools that ensure their safet and well being, we also gain support from those who oppose us.
    Keeping people out isnt the issue because we need to get people involved and gain their support. Thats going to be the tricky part.

[BoT] Jack

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Bastrop, Texas
    If you can't afford one, you should not be required to bring one. If you are, I will loan you one if I am at the event.
    Thanks for that, brother!
    Exactly what I like to hear.
    0439.png

Hopefully, I should be getting a brand new P99AS soon, though soon could be between now and the first or the first and around the end of November. But I wanted to look out for others in situations similar to mine.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    [BoT] Jack;191207 said:
    Thanks for that, brother!

Exactly what I like to hear.
    0439.png

Hopefully, I should be getting a brand new P99AS soon, though soon could be between now and the first or the first and around the end of November. But I wanted to look out for others in situations similar to mine.
    Yea, but you also need to remember that organizations like this need money to operate. Money is strength, and we all need to make as much effort to do what we can.
    The first step that im going to take will make some serious noise. Its going to cost me some bucks, but I think its well worth it..
    The Lone Star Citizens Defense League represents all of Texas, no matter who it is.

[BoT] Jack

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Bastrop, Texas
    Yea, but you also need to remember that organizations like this need money to operate. Money is strength, and we all need to make as much effort to do what we can.
    The first step that im going to take will make some serious noise. Its going to cost me some bucks, but I think its well worth it..
    The Lone Star Citizens Defense League represents all of Texas, no matter who it is.
    I'm not sure how having a gun at a meeting is going to produce a revenue stream for the group.
    eusa_eh.gif

KAK

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Waco
    I firmly believe and stick by this. The most important item we could ever push is the elimination of GUN-FREE ZONES!!!

Top Bottom