Texas SOT

WOW!! a shooting at a college right down the road from me in Mckinney, and 1 dead???

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • West Texas

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Texas!
    Gunman dead after opening fire outside McKinney Police Department

Gunman dead after opening fire outside McKinney Police Department

[SIZE=-1]11:49 AM CDT on Tuesday, August 17, 2010[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]From Staff Reports[/SIZE]

A gunman with an assault rifle was shot and killed this morning after opening fire at police headquarters in McKinney.

The McKinney campus of Collin College, across the street from the station, was locked down after the shooting. Students and staff were warned by e-mail not to come to the school.

The shooter was killed near the public safety building in the 2200 block of Taylor-Burk Drive. It was unclear whether the man was shot by police or died from a self-inflicted wound. No one else was hurt.
    McKinney police Lt. Scott Brewer said the man apparently parked a pickup in front of the building and set it on fire. He also screamed in the direction of the building before opening fire.

"We know he did not enter the building, but we do not know what his intent was," Brewer said.
    Asked whether the man hoped to snipe at officers, Brewer said, "That is entirely plausible."
    He said police believe they know the man's identity, but would not release it.

Police searched the nearby campus of Collin College, which was placed on lockdown. It has since been lifted.

A witness told WBAP radio (820 AM) that the shooter was also wearing a bulletproof vest and was shooting at vehicles near the police station.

Following the incident, Collin College students and staff were warned by e-mail not to come to the school.

The e-mail said: "Shots fired. Campus on lockdown. Cops on the scene. Details to follow."

With police blocking off the campus, Dave Klewicki said he was unable to get to his wife, who works in the testing center at the college.

"She said they were told to stay put," Klewicki said. "They are fine. They know less than anybody."
    Although fall classes haven't begun at the McKinney campus, college spokesman Mark Robinson said some students were at the college to register for fall classes.

"If they're on campus, they're being told to stay clear," Robinson said.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    That sounds eerily similar to a Indie movie that was centered around a guy going postal that's on Netflix.

Regardless, this guy got what he had coming.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Tagging this one for more details. Here's an air shot of a burnt out truck in front of the police department.

truck..jpg

The video shows three uniforms searching the trailer of it. Man, I'd be puckering wondering what's hidden in the back if I was searching though it.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Gunman Dies After Firing At Suburban Dallas Police : NPR

As this seems to be the act of one idiot who didn't harm anyone but himself I'll say it's not to early to report "He gave up on Texas Gun Trader and decided to have a fire sale." /queue drum roll.

McKINNEY, Texas — A man drove a pickup truck loaded with ammunition into a suburban Dallas police station Tuesday, set the truck on fire and exchanged gunfire with police, officials said. The gunman was the only casualty and died at the scene.
    McKinney Deputy Police Chief Scott Brewer said the man was shouting as the truck became engulfed in flames and the ammunition inside began exploding. The still-unidentified gunman then began shooting toward the police station and there was a "brief exchange of gunfire," Brewer said.
    It wasn't immediately clear how the gunman died.

Medic218

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2010
    Little Elm
    Word from a friend on scene was that he set the truck on fire as a diversion, hid in the woods either near or on the campus and waited for firefighters to get there before he started opening fire.
    It all just went down hill from there.
    I'm still waiting to get some more details as to what actually happened that won't make it in the news.

West Texas

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Texas!
    This, in a gun-free zone?!?

Always is....unless it's California, where that couple robbed a firing range and then led the police on a highspeed chase just yesterday morning! I guess they have declared firing ranges/gun clubs in CommieFornia to be "gun-free" as well

Fisherman777

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    45R
    Always is....unless it's California, where that couple robbed a firing range and then led the police on a highspeed chase just yesterday morning! I guess they have declared firing ranges/gun clubs in CommieFornia to be "gun-free" as well

Maybe the guns at a Commiefornia gun range have to be unloaded. LOL

KIMBER_MAN

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2010
    Texoma area
    Just goes to show you, when nut jobs like that target gun free zones and defensless victims, then things turn out a lot differently. Those LEO's had the means to defend them selves.

This happened relatively close to me. I know a few LEO's in that direction. The guy was from Anna, which is even closer. Sure glad no human-beings were hurt. Good riddance to the nutjob and CONGRATULATIONS on an outstanding job to the McKinney LEO's.

KIMBER_MAN

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2010
    Texoma area
    This, in a gun-free zone?!?

What's unique about this scenerio, is the guy was targeting the DPS building. Which had armed people in side. I think the outcome of this speaks volumes about current gun free zones. He was the only casualty. In a true gun free zone, where no one has the means to defend themselves, this could have been a massacre rivaling Virginia Tech or other.

Usually these sacks of manure go after defensless victims, and the outcome is tragic. This guy went after armed people, and the only ending that could have been better is that he should have just stayed at the privacy of his own home to kill himself.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    An article I saw from a reporter in the area quoted one of the cops as saying he thought it was "suicide by cop".

There are a surprising number of those. Kid in my neighborhood tried to go out that way, but was talked down by an excellent and very experienced LEO.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    McKinney Sniper Identified as Patrick Sharp

According to Chief Doug Kowalski, 29-year-old Sharp was fatally shot during the assault but that it was not immediately clear if his wounds were self inflicted.
    Officers found Sharp's body in a wooded area on the campus of nearby Collin College. Kowlaski said Sharp was armed with an assault rifle, a 12-gauge shotgun and a .45 caliber semi-automatic pistol.
    ap_patrick_gray_sharp_100817_mn.jpg

http://www.istockanalyst.com/article/viewiStockNews/articleid/4417080

The only thing he ever complained about, Cheryl Cox said, was a fear the government would ban guns.
    "He and Eric liked guns," Cox said. "They would set up targets and shoot out here."
    They kept lots of ammunition, Cheryl Cox confirmed. She said Sharp recently bought a semi-automatic rifle.
    She said when she asked Sharp why he bought it, he told her, "It's just cool."
    A MySpace page now removed from the social networking site showed photos of Sharp holding a number of firearms and wearing a black vest.
    Photo captions included: "anybody need security?" "u talkin to me?" and "My AR-15 with the Seals 6-24x50 scope, a 900 yard scope!"

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    From the article above:

Less than five minutes after the attack started, Sharp was dead from a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head. The Collin County medical examiner ruled the death a suicide this morning and said Sharp also had a second gunshot wound in his right arm. \end

Takes a hit to the arm.. then decides it's better if he makes it a sure thing.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    setter1
    Top Bottom