Last edited:

Whiskey_Rocka_Rolla

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Houston
    He did this in 1994. The state took long. just my $.02

Yeah that is definitely not what I call "swift justice". If it was determined back then that he set her on fire like that, that he was guilty of this act beyond any reasonable doubt, he shouldn't have seen the sun set that same day.

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    We need to go back to quick and public executions, thats they only way the death penalty is ever a deterrent. Letting some one live 30 years with 3 squares a day, free internet and cable. and a chase to get a degree they will never use all on the tax payers dime isnt a deterrent.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    They don't have free AND unfettered cable/internet but otherwise I agree with you. Public executions for the most heinous of criminals should be brought back, even if just to "study" the effects for 50 years or so.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Why not public? What better way to show the beginner criminal if their habits escalate so will the justice including shame on their family, if that matters to them.

mantawolf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    Lowry Crossing
    Because you turn it into a spectacle by giving them a world wide stage. And we should not revel in death even of someone so heinous. The death of even an evil person is the death of lost potential in a world already full of lost potential.

Doc Roe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Because you turn it into a spectacle by giving them a world wide stage. And we should not revel in death even of someone so heinous. The death of even an evil person is the death of lost potential in a world already full of lost potential.

"lost potential"? Really? Is that the best you can come up with? What "potential" does a serial rapist/murderer or a child abuser have to offer the rest of society?

No, seriously, I want an answer. I can understand not "reveling in death", but to claim that this sort of fucking scum has any potential to be beneficial in a society that sees that sort of crime as one of the worst imaginable offenses is outright retarded.

I'd give my full opinion on the issue, but I'm pretty sure I'd be seen as a nutcase if I did. I will say that I'm in favor of public executions, though, but -only- if there is undeniable, rock-solid evidence that the person is guilty of the crime(s) he or she is accused of. If someone is caught in the act of such a crime, then I'd go so far as to say I'm alright with whoever finds the bastard killing him/her on the spot.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    I disagree. Public executions such as hangings should be brought back.
    Last words can be uttered in a cell or hallway.
    My opinion only.

Doc Roe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    I agree. Private, out of the public eye. That would be more attention they dont deserve.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess that the biggest issue with public execution(s) is giving the person one last chance to insult/degrade/attack someone, or in the case of radicals to spew their inane/insane rhetoric.

Simple solution: Gag them. Just stuff a rag into the person's mouth and slap some tape over it. Fifty cent solution to a potentially lethal problem.

Barring that, at least let the families of the person's victims attend the event. Hell, maybe let them take a vote on how the person dies if they want to, give them a chance at some satisfaction/revenge as well as closure.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    , at least let the families of the person's victims attend the event. Hell, maybe let them take a vote on how the person dies if they want to, give them a chance at some satisfaction/revenge as well as closure.

I agree with this. All executions would take place by firing squad and the family of the victim would get first choice to man the squad.

Doc Roe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Firing squad is too quick, IMHO. I prefer taking a few pages out of a Tom Clancy book (specifically out of his book The Teeth Of The Tiger). Massive heart attack caused by an injection of succinylcholine. Extremely painful, undetectable, and impossible to survive unless you happen to get injected in the middle of a fully-equipped emergency room with a bunch of highly trained doctors and nurses surrounding you. On the ground in thirty seconds, brain-dead within three minutes, completely dead within five to eight, depending on how much of an oxygen reserve the person has.

And while all that's happening, you're trapped inside your own body, unable to move, unable to speak, you can't even blink.

Inb4 "you're sadistic" response...

Doc Roe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Mind explaining why you think that? I don't really see wanting someone who has committed a horrifying crime to suffer an equally horrifying death as juvenile, I see it as human nature.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom