• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kosh75287

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2008
    Nemo
    If your heart is SET on one of those, then I wish you good luck with finding one. If not, I wonder if a 3.5" 12 gauge of similar configuration wouldn't work just as well.

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    Hehe. I know exactly why you mean.

The 3.5” 12 is cool and all but A man who wants short barrel 10 gauge has needs That a 12 gauge won’t satisfy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    The Roadblocker is pretty rare No?

Quick scan of Gunbroker shows a number of Ithaca Mag-10's with hunting barrels.
    Did Remington make a slug barrel for their semi-auto 10ga?

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    I think the RoadBlocker was really designed to shoot buckshot. Something along the lines of what happened to Bonnie and Clyde out of a single gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

sergeant69

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 6, 2016
    san marcos tx
    it was designated a road blocker by the texas DPS as of course they claimed it would stop a car due to their tests on engine blocks. just like was done with the .357 mag. HA HA.
    yea my 12 ga needs are met already with my 870s all tricked out. back in 82 i was sitting in the shop reading my shotgun news and someone had em for $600 as a close out. i was THAT CLOSE to pulling the trigger on one. can now just add it to all the others i sold or didn't buy. i even stocked 10 ga ammo as some of the local idiots were shooting trap at inn of the mountain gods in ruidoso n.m. every so often with their duck guns.

Riteii

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    Hill Country
    I had one I took in a trade about 2-1/2 years ago. Sold it to a guy in East Texas for $650 with about $100 of ammo. I never got to shoot it. I was afraid of damaging the shotgun.................or me.

dw257

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2016
    Remington bought the design and used it in the SP-10. It may be easier to find. Post picture of what you buy.

sergeant69

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 6, 2016
    san marcos tx
    riteii....thats about right what they were wholesaling em to dealers for back in the early 80s. you shoulda shot it at least once just so you could of had braggin rights about the bruise on ur shoulder!

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Riteii,

Actually IMVHO, with a QUALITY recoil pad, the Roadblocker isn't any worse to shoot than a light 12 gauge.
    (I once had a light Franchi 12 gauge that was AWFUL to shoot with magnum shells. - Got it on a trade for "peanuts" & SOON found out why the PO "dumped it".)

yours, satx

sergeant69

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 6, 2016
    san marcos tx
    well boys and girls, there appears to be a deal in the works. will let ya know more as it develops but it looks promising. wonder if they make 10 ga shells in bird shot ie #9, 7 etc. would love to go dove hunting with my sons next year and innocently pull it out and say here try this one.

sergeant69

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 6, 2016
    san marcos tx
    if anyone knows of a guy that goes by the name txpop40 from ft. worth he needs to contact me asap. i have been waiting on a tracking # from him for a roadblocker he supposedly sent thurs and he won't return my emails. he contacted me on this site so i'm hoping someone knows him. next step is to contact authorities in ft. worth. thanks

Last edited:

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    if anyone knows of a guy that goes by the name txpop from ft. worth he needs to contact me asap. i have been waiting on a tracking # from him for a roadblocker he supposedly sent thurs and he won't return my emails. he contacted me on this site so i'm hoping someone knows him. next step is to contact authorities in ft. worth. thanks
    That doesn't sound good. Hope it works out for you.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    if anyone knows of a guy that goes by the name txpop40 from ft. worth he needs to contact me asap. i have been waiting on a tracking # from him for a roadblocker he supposedly sent thurs and he won't return my emails. he contacted me on this site so i'm hoping someone knows him. next step is to contact authorities in ft. worth. thanks

sergeant69,

Do NOT wait to contact the authorities, imVho. = I suspect that "something untoward" has occurred.

just my OPINION, satx

Top Bottom