• ...and so much more!
  • Mike1234567

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    South Texas
    If you need a cop, call 911. Going around trying to find one is a ridiculous notion.

That wasn't my point. I guess I was unclear. I'm not talking about wandering around hunting for a cop car. I'm say we should be able to easily spot one if they're nearby. For instance, what if your wife or daughter are being followed and they can't recognize the cop car they just past in a parking lot? What good is that police officer to your wife or daughter when all the bean counters care about is hiding their identity so they can issue more tickets?

TexasR.N.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2009
    Rampart
    Actually I think it says what it says. Be citizens and obey the law, and you'll have no trouble with the police. Do you disagree about obeying the law?

cartman_zps1fe2df45.jpg

Depends...

Last edited:

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    If the law passes constitutional muster of course.

Define "constitutional muster".

It's not really cut and dry for me seeing as the Supreme Court is happy to allow laws which it freely admits violate people's rights.

Chirpy

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Hutto, TX (kinda)
    Ever driven a white patrol car during the middle of the summer in Texas? The reflection off the hood is blinding, which is why many departments are going with primarily black vehicles. Plus, a/c does keep them cool enough in the heat.

I haven't driven a white patrol car, but I've driven lots of white cars. Currently commute in one just about every day. Don't think there is anything "special" about cop car white paint that would make it more reflective, is there? You're still going to waste more of my gas running the A/C harder in a black car.

The DHS info is interesting, and is probably the root cause. More militarization of local police...

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    The whole "a/c=more gas" thing.

If the AC is on, the compressor is running. Unless the pressure build to the point that the HPS turns it off. That happens more if it is absorbing more heat from the air. That means that if its hotter, the compressor will be off more of the time in many cases.

Even then though, the difference between AC in a black car and AC in a white car will be just about immeasurable. I doubt the guy in the black car will have his AC on when the guy in the white car would have had it off.

Silly argument for color choice.

Top Bottom