Venture Surplus ad

WTH!!! Phil Robertson suspended from Duck Dynasty....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    I wouldn't know Phil if he came and sat on my lap right now, but I sure am glad that everyone's talking about him and what he said instead of Miley Cyrus or Justin Bieber.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Is that a QUOTE? Or a fabrication, not what I said and you know it, honestly is not one of your strong suits...

I never said I am an employer of gay people or did I say if you get fired your rights have been infringed upon.

How long before you play the race card as your emotions and failure to be honest has eclipsed your grip on reality. Nothing more to say...

You are implying just that. You say his getting fired for what he said violated his rights. The only other option would be if A&E could not fire him for that. In that case they would be keeping him employed against their wishes. FORCED TO KEEP HIM EMPLOYED!

We are very much in touch with reality, you are trying to warp it because the reality is, Phil's right to free speech was NOT violated and A&E did something that made you feel butthurt. You through out some rabble about the first amendment and now you can't admit that it had nothing to do with the first amendment.

Kenny D

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2013
    Crosby, Texas
    After reading the latest breaking news , the Robertson family has made an official statement. Without directly quoting, they basically said that they can not foresee the show continuing without Phil.

Sent from my Sig

reddog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2013
    Terlingua
    I don't watch TV for the most part, can't get it here with out spending $ I'd rather spend on something else, but I sure do get a kick out of what happens about TV. I could give a f'k about reality TV no matter what it's about, then to have this come up and get 11 pages of discontent here :) A&E, Arts and Entertainment, bunch of limp wristed no goods anyhow, who gives a crap. A&E don't like it, too bad, I hope DD has enough brass to tell them to shove it. Had to get my $.02 worth in, everyone else has...

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    It's not intolerance, it's extreme tolerance of opposing opinions,, I think.
    Personally, can't figure out why anyone puts any importance at all on what some celebrity on tv thinks. If there opinion means that much just because they are on TV, You ain't think in much on Your own anyway

from an non-recovering coffeeholic

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    How long before you play the race card as your emotions and failure to be honest has eclipsed your grip on reality.
    lol, what? That doesn't even make sense.

Nothing more to say...
    Agreed... You'll never even try to understand the facts because you're too emotionally engaged with your own opinion.

So, if a baker doesn't want to create/provide a wedding cake for a same-sex couple, no one's civil rights are violated?
    of course not

Judge orders baker to serve gay couples despite his religious beliefs | Fox News
    ...and that's bullshit goverment regulation. A bussiness owner should have the right to serve who they wish or not. The market will decide if that bussiness should continue or not. Unfortunately the government, at all levels, meddles in the market entirely too much.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Business owners should just flat out refuse with a no instead of adding an explanation. At the very least there's nothing to use against them and it would just be suspicions.

hellishhorses

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 15, 2013
    Eddy
    ...and that's bullshit goverment regulation. A bussiness owner should have the right to serve who they wish or not. The market will decide if that bussiness should continue or not. Unfortunately the government, at all levels, meddles in the market entirely too much.
    Yep. If I wanted to start a business that catered to black, lesbian, jewish women I should be free to do just that. And the market is free to run my business into the ground. If the market deems it viable, and thus, makes it successful — government should keep their greasy little noses out.

Last edited:

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Yep. If I wanted to start a business that catered to black, lesbian, jewish women I should be free to do just that. And the market is free to run my business into the ground. If the market deems it viable, and thus, makes it successful — government should keep their greasy little noses out.

They would! As long as you are not catering to white, straight, Christian males you are good. :p

Top Bottom