ARJ Defense ad

WTH!!! Phil Robertson suspended from Duck Dynasty....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale

AcidFlashGordon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    With A&E so "upset" with Phil's comments in the GQ interview and their support for the LBGT community, they'll probably replace Duck Dynasty with this:

abgg.jpg

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    And nobody noticed that he talked about heterosexual promiscuity in what he said. Some people are just looking for an excuae to be offended...

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Cracker Barrel pulled all DD related things, put them back do to huge backlash.

No time to find a link now.

AcidFlashGordon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Cracker Barrel pulled all DD related things, put them back do to huge backlash.

No time to find a link now.

They had pulled Duck Dynasty merchandise under "pressure" from A&E but left the Duck Commander merchandise on the shelves. The Robertson family doesn't really need the "royalties" from DD merchandise. Their OWN brands do just fine and have made them very wealthy ..... without A&E.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    They had pulled Duck Dynasty merchandise under "pressure" from A&E but left the Duck Commander merchandise on the shelves. The Robertson family doesn't really need the "royalties" from DD merchandise. Their OWN brands do just fine and have made them very wealthy ..... without A&E.
    Not saying it was me, but I wrote Cracker a letter 2 days ago and told them that this retired guy and his wife have been eating at CB for years and effective today it has ended and I would not enter their store under any circumstances. Then I heard on the news this am CB has changed their mind.

The reality is that the LGBT community is a tiny slice of America, somewhere between 3 and 7 %. I don't want them forcing their views on me, nor do I want to force my views on them or anybody as far as that goes.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I agree, but don't forget how many threw a fit because he was fired and ignore all the crap going on with the .gov.

Priorities are all wrong these days.

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    I guess that the lesson here is that no one should ever tell the truth and give their views or opinions if ever asked.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    I guess that the lesson here is that no one should ever tell the truth and give their views or opinions if ever asked.
    Sadly you are correct and if that is the case and fact...then your 1st Amendment rights have been affected and done so thru covert action.

For those who do not think getting fired affects your 1st rights better think again. No effect, then stand on a street corner and mutter the 'N' word, note we don't spell it out anymore...

hellishhorses

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 15, 2013
    Eddy
    For those who do not think getting fired affects your 1st rights better think again. No effect, then stand on a street corner and mutter the 'N' word, note we don't spell it out anymore...
    Still not a 1st amendment issue. That's an employer issue — they play by a different set of rules when they're signing your check and providing the benefits.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Still not a 1st amendment issue. That's an employer issue — they play by a different set of rules when they're signing your check and providing the benefits.
    You are missing my point. The employer certainly has the right to fire you at any time for any or no reason at all (in right to work states, non-union). Just like we do not use the 'N' word anymore, why, is it illegal or is that covertly it has become a do not do. The result is our actions are often dictated by standards be them right or wrong. If you are held back from saying something and your comments are yours and not impacting others (such as yelling fire in a crowded auditorium) then your rights have been suppressed covertly, not overtly.

For additional understanding: Hitler's Rise to Power, covering the 10 years prior to WWII. Or just ask any Jew that went thru it. Bottom line is when they come and take away a hundred Jews and slaughter them in public square, a whole lot of folks don't talk about being a Jew openly anymore.

There are ways and means that a govt and its supporters can speak and act to cause you to react differently...

hellishhorses

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 15, 2013
    Eddy
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

/Thread

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Either the gov't has an interest in "rights" or not... a baker and a photographer are being attacked by gov't for NOT providing service to homos.

Most of you on here do not remember the days of this sign:

"we reserve the right to deny service to anyone" or words to that effect. This was a common sight in almost any business that sold to the public and was legal. But the Civil Rights Act 1964 said restaurants cannot do this. It rattled around the courts but today we have laws that force public business to serve everyone regardless of ____________ fill in the blank.

Anti-discrimination laws trump Bill of rights.

Why should I not be able to sell to who I want?

If I do not want to sell to blue eyed people why do I have to?

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

/Thread
    Be nice if that were still in effect, but those days are gone just like our Constitution is being trampled every day by the current Administration. Obama has gotten away with illegal actions, governing by fiat and is conducting himself as if he were a dictator. No action has been taken because no one is going to try and impeach the first black President, he does as he sees fit to do, legal or not.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RafaelQ
    Top Bottom