• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • peeps

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2014
    Reserving judgment... but even if he did drop a hand... that hand was still empty when he was shot.
    Can't reserve judgment and then wonder that. What if the cops knew the guy and knew from previous interactions that they already knew he was armed or saw something else? Gotta reserve judgment :-)

Mike1234567

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    South Texas
    True, that, but the timing looks REALLY bad.

BTW, I once knew a guy in San Antonio who ripped me off for $5000 in car parts and labor. His name is Gilbert Flores. I doubt it's the same guy but if it is then my heart won't bleed for that particular Gilbert Flores because I was told he did that type of thing regularly.

However, an unjustifiable murder must be dealt with... if that's what this turns out to be.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    He already committed assault and domestic violence on his wife and child, so that in and of itself will have the cops on their toes.

And if he was armed (or even suspected of being armed), making any kind of move towards a weapon will generate the same response. He obviously was not following the orders of the deputies, which is never a good idea!

Still, I trust the Grand Jury will see all the evidence and find accordingly.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    More details emerging...

"The important thing here is that's why you don't rush to judgment," that source said. "The first video didn't show the several minutes leading to the shooting."

At one point, Flores reached in his pocket and pulled his hands out and up, the deputies saw the knife and fired, the two sources said....

Sources: Gilbert Flores tried stabbing deputy before fatal shooting in San Antonio

AN ANTONIO — Law enforcement sources confirmed Wednesday that Bexar County Sheriff's deputies last week shot and killed a man after they saw a knife in one of his hands — despite a widely viewed video that shows his hands raised.

"I'm going to die today," one source quoted Gilbert Flores as saying during his confrontation with the deputies at a Northwest Side subdivision last Friday. "He kept telling them they were going to have to kill him."

The sources, who requested anonymity because they are not authorized to speak with the media, are with different law enforcement agencies. Two listened to real-time sheriff's office radio traffic of the incident and another was briefed on the contents of a second video that has not been released to the public.

Before deputies Robert Sanchez and Greg Vasquez opened fire, Flores had punched and cut his wife and hurt her child, was acting violently and had forced his family inside the home, the sources said.

Flores was angry because he was told he could not be at the home, according to one of the sources.

Flores later came out of the home, and by then, the two on-scene deputies had radioed supervisors.

"The supervisors told the deputies to not let him back in the house if he came out," one of the sources said. "They were preparing to send out SWAT and crisis negotiators."

According to the sources, Flores emerged from the house, and tried to stab one deputy, but he blocked the knife with a Plexiglass shield.

"He would have stabbed the deputy if he did not have that shield," said one of the sources.

The other deputy tried to use a Taser on Flores, but the probes didn't completely strike him.

(Full article at link)

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    The Bexar County Sheriff's Office has said Flores had a knife and was resisting arrest when deputies approached him, which explains why the deputies had their weapons drawn. Plus, it is a domestic violence call; and a woman and a baby had clear injuries when the deputies arrived. Flores had previous run-ins with the law, having been cited for possession of marijuana in 1995, criminal trespassing and aggravated assault in 1999, and aggravated robbery in 2003. He's no angel.

The other video has a "closer view and a better angle" according to the District Attorney's office. It is evidence in a Grand Jury investigation, so the fact that it hasn't been released is not a surprise.

Pamerleau, while not being qualified to to the job she was elected for; has not left anyone "swinging in the wind." She's a politician, and is withholding comments until she clears herself first. Standard.

LaHood's history has absolutely nothing to do with this situation, so there's no reason to act like it is a factor in it. Susan Reed was no better.

But as usual, the claims that this was racially-motivated is baseless as it always is...

http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/01/us/san-antonio-bexar-county-texas-police-shooting/

Once again, we agree overall, but with minor distinctions of perception.

You say the Sheriff is not qualified: How can that be when she was elected in a fair and open election? You don't have to have a background in Law Enforcement to run for Sheriff.

You say LaHood has no bearing on the investigation, when in fact he is a scoundrel who was also elected in a fair and open election. As far as I know, only Lawyers run for District Attorney. His brother was shot to death, and Nicola has a criminal record. In his legal career, LaHood defended dirt bags, not prosecute them.

So, I have to think where do his loyalties lie? Defend or Prosecute?

Bexar County is the Ying & Yang of real versus fake.

Be well.

Last edited:

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Once again, we agree overall, but with minor distinctions of perception.

You say the Sheriff is not qualified: How can that be when she was elected in a fair and open election? You don't have to have a background in Law Enforcement to run for Sheriff.

Being elected and being qualified are not the same thing. Hopefully the citizens vote for the most qualified person, but in this case Susan Pamerleau had absolutely zero law enforcement experience before becoming sheriff. And anyone who has suffered from her military career, which the vast majority of USAF personnel were as she commanded the Personnel Center, can attest to the fact that she was unqualified to be a dog catcher. She was promoted in the military strictly because of her gender, and has she been a male, she would have topped out as a lieutenant colonel (and a poor one at that!)

You say LaHood has no bearing on the investigation, when in fact he is a scoundrel who was also elected in a fair and open election. As far as I know, only Lawyers run for District Attorney. His brother was shot to death, and Nicola has a criminal record. In his legal career, LaHood defended dirt bags, not prosecute them.

So, I have to think where do his loyalties lie? Defend or Prosecute?

Bexar County is the Ying & Yang of real versus fake.

Be well.

LaHood's criminal record has absolutely no bearing on this case whatsoever. Why you think he has some loyalties towards this individual is beyond me. Are you trying to say it's because he and the criminal who were shot were both Latino? Otherwise, I don't see any connection. So he was a defense attorney, most people who do that job defend dirt bags at one point or another.

Now, do I think he was the best candidate? No, but Susan Reed was no better. What's really sad about this situation is that a city of this size couldn't find a suitable district attorney...

Top Bottom