• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    "The league cited his repeated violations of unnecessary roughness rules in handing out the longest suspension ever for an on-field incident."

This wasn't the first time. The League wants these hits out of football and they should. There's no reason to target a defenseless player in that manner.

TAZ

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock
    So long as we pretend that this is just a sport, he needs to be gone from the league. There has been an active effort to eliminate using the helmeted head as a battering ram for what a decade now? Stop making pads bigger and more protective. These morons just use that as an excuse to go harder at each other.

Either that, or stop pretending it’s a sport and let it go to its natural end state of modern gladiatorial competition. I’m ok either way. Nobody is forcing these guys to go play.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Don't follow NFL, but watch some college ball.

The targeting penalty is stupid. The defender can't help it if the runner ducks his head or moves his body at the last second. Plus those who have played the game know that players are making decisions in real time in the heat of the game. Players can't put the game into slowmo and analyze the situation from 20 angles. I appreciate the intent, but it just doesn't work in the real game.

A game this weekend had a roughing the QB penalty because the defender landed on the QB. It was a good, clean tackle. But somehow running at full speed in the midst of the tackle, the defender was to magically keep his weight from falling on the QB? Really??

You can grab a guy by the back of his jersey, but not by the horse collar?

Pretty soon it will be flag football with no contact allowed.

Gilbertc13

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 27, 2018
    Katy
    Had on espn earlier. The word they used and said was most important was flagrant. The NFL needs to define that word if it’s in their definition. Burfict is a POS with a history of dirty and unnecessary hits. Look at his hit on Antonio brown. Not needed and the ball wasn’t there. Football because of the nature of the game is violent and high impact. However that being said, more needs to be done to protect the head and neck shots. There’s no way to take them out of the game, but the hits in which the defender leads with their head need to be gone. It’s dangerous for the hitter and the player being hit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    That hit was completely unjustifiable.

Note that I'm not addressing any broad issues like player protection or wussification. I'm just saying that for that hit, Burfict deserves whatever penalty the league chooses to drop on him.

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    The days of defenders spearing, by leading with their head in a hit, are over. Head up and tackle. It should never be the aim to incapacitate the opponent; however, that’s EXACTLY what Burfict shoots for. He has a history, a clear track record. He’s a thug by any definition of the word.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Yet at least one team owner has put that guy on a contract and let’s not forget the coaches, too. You want to stop the behavior, you punish the team owner and coaches, too.

I’m talking tangible punishment; not a cheap fine.

Last edited:

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Dont follow NFL anymore, but did see cowboys/saints game.

The roughing passer call on saints when Dallas QB slid into him and then saint player fell on top of him was a joke.

The final holding call on cooper was a joke too.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Had on espn earlier. The word they used and said was most important was flagrant. The NFL needs to define that word if it’s in their definition. Burfict is a POS with a history of dirty and unnecessary hits. Look at his hit on Antonio brown. Not needed and the ball wasn’t there. Football because of the nature of the game is violent and high impact. However that being said, more needs to be done to protect the head and neck shots. There’s no way to take them out of the game, but the hits in which the defender leads with their head need to be gone. It’s dangerous for the hitter and the player being hit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Vontaze Burfict is as dirty as they come and although I don't like all the shit Antonio Brown is up to, he really did have a mental 180 after that hit. Has to be CTE.

sidebite252

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2013
    Lake Texoma
    Damn I guess I’m the only guy in America that still watching football. Love the sport from Pop Warner to the NFL. The Suspension of Berfect fits the situation. Habitual breaker of rules. He’s about 1 illegal hit from being banned for a lifetime. I’ll tell you part of the issue with all these injuries is players keep getting bigger, stronger, & faster. The human body isn’t made for this kind of contact.

While I too sometimes think the sport is getting “watered down” the reality it’s evolving. They’re trying to keep from having guys with dementia & other concussed related injuries. I bet I’ve had at least a dozen concussion in my lifetime. About 1/2 from football.

HIT SOMEBODY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom