• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Besides the politics, it is just expensive to go and I find it boring. You wanna see hits, watch hockey and UFC

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    The UFC became watered down when they started wearing gloves, having weight classes and preventing kneeing to head while on the ground.

Same concept can be applied to the NFL. It's a business and business isn't good when you have to pay out to those career injuries over a life time. Therefore rules are enforced not protect the players, but those deep pockets.

El Spicoli

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2019
    Grand Prairie
    The UFC became watered down when they started wearing gloves, having weight classes and preventing kneeing to head while on the ground.

Same concept can be applied to the NFL. It's a business and business isn't good when you have to pay out to those career injuries over a life time. Therefore rules are enforced not protect the players, but those deep pockets.
    Well we can argue the merits of MMA in another thread. I am a big fan. He mentioned hitting somebody, so I mentioned the UFC. You are right, both are businesses and I am not happy with some decisions by White, the new owners, and ESPN but I can still get 2.5 hours of entertainment from fighters that do not piss on the flag for a much cheaper price then the NFL. We catch all the PPVs for free and have a decent meal all for under the price of 1 ticket to the NFL.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    The UFC became watered down...
    giphy.gif

Attachments

• giphy.gif
      giphy.gif
      1.7 MB · Views: 272

sidebite252

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2013
    Lake Texoma
    We catch all the PPVs for free and have a decent meal all for under the price of 1 ticket to the NFL.

News flash, you can watch football on TV too! Don’t have to buy a ticket. Not sure what that has to do with the price if eggs in China and I can tell you if I heard it once I’ve heard it 100 times. Coach Taylor screaming at the top of his lungs “HIT SOMEBODY!!!!!!!!” I would have tried to run through a brick wall for that man back in the day.

If you don’t think theirs some “hitting” going on it football you’re not paying attention.

El Spicoli

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2019
    Grand Prairie
    News flash, you can watch football on TV too! Don’t have to buy a ticket. Not sure what that has to do with the price if eggs in China and I can tell you if I heard it once I’ve heard it 100 times. Coach Taylor screaming at the top of his lungs “HIT SOMEBODY!!!!!!!!” I would have tried to run through a brick wall for that man back in the day.

If you don’t think theirs some “hitting” going on it football you’re not paying attention.
    Just telling you why I don't like football. Coach who? I told you I don't watch it but I agree with thread title of wussification of the NFL. You got guys under contract refusing to play because of a broken toe and you got guys in the UFC finishing a fight with broken bones.
    Football was/is America's sport no doubt. So much so that we can draw some good comparisons of the American/Football today to what it was 10 or 20 years ago.
    As for the price of a ticket, again it was a reason why I don't like the NFL (I actually like HS football). $50 just to park my car at Jerry World. Stadiums built with sweetheart deals from City officials using tax payer dollars. A long line of Athletes committing felonies and being in the news......we could go on and on. I can watch the NFL on TV? No thanks but the NFL thanks you for your patronage.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    None of the things you listed have anything to do with on field product.

Even most fans of the game have had enough of the jackass owners.

Burfect is a thug. There is a reason the Bengals got rid of their best defensive player. Dude is out of control. I hope they don't reduce his suspension.

I'm sure he has been saving his money, and won't miss it at all. He makes $72,000 per game, and if they uphold the suspension he will have forfeited $860K. He has already been paid appx $590K this year with signing bonus.

El Spicoli

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2019
    Grand Prairie
    None of the things you listed have anything to do with on field product.

Even most fans of the game have had enough of the jackass owners.

Burfect is a thug. There is a reason the Bengals got rid of their best defensive player. Dude is out of control.

So if a player has a minor injury and refuses to play or gets cut because of criminal activity, it has nothing to do with on field product? Ok, sure.

Just as people have commented on why they won't see The Joker in a movie theater, some besides myself are saying why we don't watch the NFL. The NFL appreciates your patronage. I am sure some of the owners are a..holes bit they are the ones paying the contracts. Seems like there are a lot more a..hole players and a lot more empty seats in the stadiums than a couple years ago.

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    You want to see a different game?
    1. Make every player sign a contract that he understands that it is physical game and injuries are to be expected and are not the fault of the coach, owner or NFL. In other words you get hurt, tough shit, you knew it could happen when you signed on.

2. Equip every player with the same uniform and pads that a kicker wears, no more rolling tanks out there. Minimal pads etc. Now you all just bang away. The ambulance is waiting. Of course you might have to have a 200 man roster to get thru a game but for what they are paying the line would be out the gate.

They lost me when the first knee hit the field during the National Anthem.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Love the new NFL Every play breaks some rule, so after each down the officials confer and decide how the play should have happened in a politically correct leftest loft in New York city. The players are than rearranged and another down is attempted. If nobody is made to cry or hurts their fingers, and the outcome is correct, play continues.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    So if a player has a minor injury and refuses to play or gets cut because of criminal activity, it has nothing to do with on field product? Ok, sure.

Just as people have commented on why they won't see The Joker in a movie theater, some besides myself are saying why we don't watch the NFL. The NFL appreciates your patronage. I am sure some of the owners are a..holes bit they are the ones paying the contracts. Seems like there are a lot more a..hole players and a lot more empty seats in the stadiums than a couple years ago.

The things you complained about were:
    parking prices
    ticket prices
    sweetheart deals from cities

Those are not onfield issues. The toe is. Getting busted for pot or whatever and suspended by the NFL is NOT onfield issues. Arrested for felonies is NOT an onfield issue.

So you were 1 for 7 in regards to onfield issues.

I rarely go to a game. If I get free tickets, I'll go. But really prefer to watch games from the comfort of my couch with a cool beverage in my hand, not fighting a crowd, and not paying expensive parking.

But that stuff has little to do with Burfect. He's a punk that needs to be out of the league. Maybe he should try your beloved UFC. He would likely fit right in there.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    1. Make every player sign a contract that he understands that it is physical game and injuries are to be expected and are not the fault of the coach, owner or NFL. In other words you get hurt, tough shit, you knew it could happen when you signed on.

2. Equip every player with the same uniform and pads that a kicker wears, no more rolling tanks out there. Minimal pads etc. Now you all just bang away. The ambulance is waiting. Of course you might have to have a 200 man roster to get thru a game but for what they are paying the line would be out the gate.

The NFL is the only non-guaranteed contract in pro sports. They know what they are getting into. For almost all of them its the best case scenario for them. Very few opportunities for a poor kid to make millions of dollars. And some others just love the game and the inherent violence. But either way, they know they are a major injury away from the poor house.

TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman

I have to agree with this. Cut down on the PPE and let them play. If they don't have all that armor on they will play differently.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    they know they are a major injury away from the poor house.
    Many of them are put in terrible financial straits by their poor choices in who they surround themselves with. I've seen it too many times.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Many of them are put in terrible financial straits by their poor choices in who they surround themselves with. I've seen it too many times.

Yep. Heard of a projected top 10 draftee who fell hard in the draft, and got a small signing bonus. Too bad for him bought a $100K car, 100% financed.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jakeps
    Top Bottom