• ...and so much more!
  • deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Settle down, understand that we're a community that likes to meet in person, and we tend to take all kinds of crap from our friends...usually followed by an invitation to shoot a new toy. Followed later by a clap on the back and an offer to buy the next round of beers.

I mean the previous paragraph both literally and metaphorically.

Failure to grok the tenor of the place will either make this place difficult to navigate or earn you an invitation to find a new online home.

With unalloyed sincerity, I welcome you to TGT. You can find something special here if you're willing. I hope you'll allow yourself to do so.

I didn't understand most of the words you said, but it somehow made me feel better.....

:turkey:

bdhawk

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2022
    Settle down, understand that we're a community that likes to meet in person, and we tend to take all kinds of crap from our friends...usually followed by an invitation to shoot a new toy. Followed later by a clap on the back and an offer to buy the next round of beers.

I mean the previous paragraph both literally and metaphorically.

Failure to grok the tenor of the place will either make this place difficult to navigate or earn you an invitation to find a new online home.

With unalloyed sincerity, I welcome you to TGT. You can find something special here if you're willing. I hope you'll allow yourself to do so.
    if uncivilized rhetoric is the norm, this probably is not the forum for me. i came here to learn and possibly and mostly, impart some knowledge. i have 60 plus years of shooting experience and roughly 50 years of reloading and bullet casting experience. i am a certified RSO, and i specialize in teaching firearms safety classes, mostly safety issues from carrying concealed. speaking of carry, have been licensed to carry by the state of texas for 37 years. one of the first in my county. so if i am expected to deal with being isulted, i chose to give this forum a hard pass. thanks but no thanks.

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    I can't help you with your spelling or punctuation or capitalization or attitude.

But I can help you with turning that choice into reality.
    Banned By Ben.png

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Sad really, ...
    I very, very much agree. He seemed to have a great deal to offer but that stick up his butt was getting in the way.

None of that has anything to do with his ban, though. He could have stuck around and been a dick until we got to know him. We've gained fine members after rocky starts like this one.

No, the ban was basic policy. Not official policy of TGT, mind you. It's my personal policy.

If you rage quit, I ensure you follow through.

A1Oni

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2021
    Tejas
    @A10ni
    Went back through this thread twice and I may have missed it but what is your personal, hands-on experience with an XD?
    in my opinion, if you are going to get a striker fired, polyframe wondernine, you can get a glock, whilst boring, works and is easy to tinker on, or a smith and wesson M&P which is basically the same gun with a different grip angle, im a bit old fashioned myself when it comes to defensive handguns so I carry a DA/SA gun, but in general from my experience with the Springfield XD, I was not a fan, the plastic is cheap, the grip safety and some of the internal design is very meh at best and bad at worst. you could spend 100 or 200 more dollars for a better gun, and I think that is what folks ought to do.

A1Oni

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2021
    Tejas
    I very, very much agree. He seemed to have a great deal to offer but that stick up his butt was getting in the way.

None of that has anything to do with his ban, though. He could have stuck around and been a dick until we got to know him. We've gained fine members after rocky starts like this one.

No, the ban was basic policy. Not official policy of TGT, mind you. It's my personal policy.

If you rage quit, I ensure you follow through.
    man and I didn't even have beef with the guy, I know I'm quite the abrasive fellow myself but I don't mean ill will towards people in most cases. im just very opinionated for better or for worse.

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    in my opinion, if you are going to get a striker fired, polyframe wondernine, you can get a glock, whilst boring, works and is easy to tinker on, or a smith and wesson M&P which is basically the same gun with a different grip angle, im a bit old fashioned myself when it comes to defensive handguns so I carry a DA/SA gun, but in general from my experience with the Springfield XD, I was not a fan, the plastic is cheap, the grip safety and some of the internal design is very meh at best and bad at worst. you could spend 100 or 200 more dollars for a better gun, and I think that is what folks ought to do.
    For the love of god, what other gun has a GRIP ZONE ???
    'Nuff said.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    So in the interest of objectivity, I went out into the vast frontier of the internet and found numerous stories of how the xd sucks. I have shot a buddies before and it was ok but the grip safety is a no for me.

One other thing I came across multiple times was Springfield Prodigys having their grip safeties pop out of the frame rendering the gun useless as it wont go back into the frame via force. Has anyone ever heard of that happening from a 1911 style grip safety?

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    So in the interest of objectivity, I went out into the vast frontier of the internet and found numerous stories of how the xd sucks. I have shot a buddies before and it was ok but the grip safety is a no for me.

One other thing I came across multiple times was Springfield Prodigys having their grip safeties pop out of the frame rendering the gun useless as it wont go back into the frame via force. Has anyone ever heard of that happening from a 1911 style grip safety?

If you are finding "numerous stories of how the xd sucks," then you need to get off the Glock Boi forums!

The vast majority of those criticizing the XD line haven't shot one, much less owned one.

I've never understood the hatred, but I do understand why Glock Bois don't like them as in comparison, their Austrian-designed pistols look antiquated.

Having bought my first XD well over 17 years ago, I can attest that after sending thousands of rounds down the barrel of several different variations of that line, I have yet to have a malfunction that wasn't directly ammo related.

In fact, I have had friends with other handguns have issues with a particular round of ammo not firing, and when I drop it in one of my XD pistols, it fires!

And I have never had an issue with the grip safety, but I also shoot 1911s so they don't bother me as they do a few others...

Top Bottom