• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Remember, Hitler was Austrian, just like Glock!

/thread
    download (22).jpeg

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    The small grip safety was an issue for many shooters. If SA had gone with a "memory bump" design, then most of the criticism would evaporate......

.....but, in its favor, I've never heard of anyone getting XD Leg.....
    Adding length would help, but won't totally fix it. Either make it 1911 sized ir get rid of it.

I can guarantee someone has popped themselves with an XD.

A1Oni

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2021
    Tejas
    The small grip safety was an issue for many shooters. If SA had gone with a "memory bump" design, then most of the criticism would evaporate......

.....but, in its favor, I've never heard of anyone getting XD Leg.....
    people who get glock leg lack adequate trigger discipline or are using a poorly made holster

reminder this guy shot himself using a serpa and a 1911 pistol

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    eh wouldnt say that, if I have a 1911 and eventually will build one, I would have the grip safety pinned

The end user is a different story, but insurance companies will absolutely crawl up a firearms business's ass over any little thing. Afaik the only company that openly does this is novak, but they make a backstrap/MSH that totally does away with the grip safety.

almost sounds like alawsuit waiting to happen!
    Thats absolutely how the insurance company will see it.

smittyb

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Cut N Shoot
    you have the right to not like a gun and express your views. you are way out of line calling someone a sissy for them not agreeing with you. it is really easy to be brave sitting anonymously at a keyboard. this proves to me that you are a CLASS A A$$ HOLE.
    Welcome to the forum. You are quite obviously new around here. Let me help you try to get the lay of the land.
    Sarcasm runs thick and plentiful around here. Light hearted ribbing is run of the mill and expected. Even not so light hearted jabs are taken with a grain of salt. Or two.
    What is not normal or accepted is slinging personal insults around. Hope you catch on soon.

ETA- Forgot to mention: and @Moonpie loves Glocks. Don’t disparage them of hell get mighty upset.

bdhawk

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2022
    Welcome to the forum. You are quite obviously new around here. Let me help you try to get the lay of the land.
    Sarcasm runs thick and plentiful around here. Light hearted ribbing is run of the mill and expected. Even not so light hearted jabs are taken with a grain of salt. Or two.
    What is not normal or accepted is slinging personal insults around. Hope you catch on soon.
    being a born and raised texan, i thought i would feel at home in a forum called texas gun talk. maybe i was wrong. i own walthers, glocks, fnh, smith and wesson, ruger, etc. and yes i own three XDs and a XDM. being called a sissy is a personal insult. calling the wrong person a sissy, in person, could easily get you a well deserved trip to the ER. when something is written, you cannot see a wink or a nod, or hear vocal inflection to know it is in jest. so , yes he pissed me off and i feel people should be civil in person, and online. there are brands of firearms i do not care for. i do not go around insulting people that have a different opinion..

GennadiyB

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2022
    San Antonio
    being a born and raised texan, i thought i would feel at home in a forum called texas gun talk. maybe i was wrong. i own walthers, glocks, fnh, smith and wesson, ruger, etc. and yes i own three XDs and a XDM. being called a sissy is a personal insult. calling the wrong person a sissy, in person, could easily get you a well deserved trip to the ER. when something is written, you cannot see a wink or a nod, or hear vocal inflection to know it is in jest. so , yes he pissed me off and i feel people should be civil in person, and online. there are brands of firearms i do not care for. i do not go around insulting people that have a different opinion..
    Whats on your hip, on your nightstand, and what ya sellin??

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    you have the right to not like a gun and express your views. you are way out of line calling someone a sissy for them not agreeing with you. it is really easy to be brave sitting anonymously at a keyboard. this proves to me that you are a CLASS A A$$ HOLE.
    Settle down, understand that we're a community that likes to meet in person, and we tend to take all kinds of crap from our friends...usually followed by an invitation to shoot a new toy. Followed later by a clap on the back and an offer to buy the next round of beers.

I mean the previous paragraph both literally and metaphorically.

Failure to grok the tenor of the place will either make this place difficult to navigate or earn you an invitation to find a new online home.

With unalloyed sincerity, I welcome you to TGT. You can find something special here if you're willing. I hope you'll allow yourself to do so.

bdhawk

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2022
    Whats on your hip, on your nightstand, and what ya sellin??
    my favorite carry gun is a fnh fns 9MM, tho at times i carry a shield or a glock 27. at times i pack a lcr with snake shot 'cause i live out in the country and i see an occasional snake or critter that needs persuasion to leave me alone, without killing it. no nightstand but i keep a pump shotgun in the corner. i also keep my carry guns close at hand. i have nothing for sell, but i will sell anything i own [with the exception of my wife and my faithful dog] if you throw enough money at me. yes, i have my price.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    anibal79
    Top Bottom