• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    ah.. medical imaging huh? these areas are good sources of recycled lead that some of us use to melt down and mould our own bullets.
    The hardness of the alloy needs to be tested and adjusted sometimes but I have bought lead from recyclers that say it came from medical imaging.
    DK Firearms

beachcomber

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2014
    And as already asked, when in Texas, where do you mostly end up?
    We have an office in Dallas, so that's where I spend most of my time.
    I plan to stay longer next time I visit our Texas branch, usually it's all work and no play but I'm taking my wife and kids with me next time, to do some tourism in the Great State

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    We have an office in Dallas, so that's where I spend most of my time.
    I plan to stay longer next time I visit our Texas branch, usually it's all work and no play but I'm taking my wife and kids with me next time, to do some tourism in the Great State
    Remember to come visit da po black folks and we can get some gunfire in

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    We have a satellite office in Dallas (not far from Parkland Memorial, which was our first client there) and we re thinking of opening a new branch in Houston as well. It'll depend on how the economy performs in the next few quarters. We stood our ground during the previous years, but it's been hard and I don't want to gamble the little reserves we have away by expanding too quickly. So it's still on the fence.
    Besides Dallas, we have offices in Brussels, Paris, London, Singapore and Berlin. We are specialized in Medical imaging hard & software. Boring stuff, but it pays the bills nicely :-)

I figured it would be oil and gas. Shouldn't be hard to find demand in Houston for med tech though.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Grtz Oli!

I was stationed at SHAPE outside of Mons from 2002-2005. Loved being in Belgium, used to watch people hunt pheasant in the fields behind our house. I also enjoyed biking all over the countryside and along the canals.

Are you Flemish or Walloon?

Cheers! M2

x12aesq

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2009
    On US 77 kind of north of I-10
    Welcome to Texas.

When you get around to your leisure time here, you'll find lots of European outposts scattered around. Don't get depressed in the cities, there is still a lot of Texas around that's still Texas.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    And bring waffles!

:facepalm: I knew someone would embarrass the group but was betting on Sterling.

Remember to come visit da po black folks and we can get some gunfire in
    th?&id=HN.608032778068426942&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1.jpg

Mikeinhistory

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 19, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Hi, my name is Oli, but here you can call me Beachcomber.

I'm from Europe, Belgium actually, one of the smallest countries in the world.
    I have a investor visa for the US, so I visit Texas regularly, where I have some businesses, mostly in IT.
    I fell in love with the state and I fell in love with guns.

In Belgium it's impossible to get firearms. We have some of the strictest laws in the world. It's so bad that even the criminals have outdated weapons, since there's nothing to find.
    I own a lot of WW2 era firearms, but all of them are welded shut and only for display. I also own one piece that is, well, not in accordance to local laws, but I inherited it form my grandfather and they are going to have to pry it form my cold dead hands, as you say it so well.

My home country does have a giant advantage, we were the center of the battlefield in both world wars. I only need to dig in my backyard to find genuine battlefield remains. When building our home we found three French infantrymen from WW1, two of them were identifiable.

I hope to learn a lot from the forum. And some day I hope to be able to retire, preferably in Texas. In the sun.

Thank you for reading this and have a nice day!

We are glad you enjoy Texas and American freedoms. As a former Californian I can somewhat understand how you feel. If you are ever in Austin and would like to fire some WWI or WWII surplus arms I have a small collection of operable pieces. Check out my signature lines for my blog and also my local meet up group. I go shooting quite often. I do have a Belgian Hi Power pistol, although not of WWII era.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    anibal79
    Top Bottom