Lynx Defense

You guys ready for Game of Thrones tonight?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    AFAIK, the timeline of the TV show has gone beyond the published books. Martin has shared with the producers the basic plot points and how each character winds up in the books; it's up to the TV show writers to, essentially, make it up as they go along and hit those goals.

Also, there are two books left in the series that have yet to be finished. The TV show should conclude before the last of them is published.

Given all that, I'm a bit glad I haven't read the books. I'm getting one consistent vision of the story and not being sidetracked by my disagreements with the TV writers over how they're handling things.

The differences make no actual difference. If anything, the TV show has cut down on some of the more pointless, meandering plot lines that don't seem to go anywhere.

I feel sure, however, that when the final book is published I'll buy a box set and binge-read the entire series.

The first book came out like 25 years ago. I don't have any hope that the last two will be published in GRRM's life time.

Dad_Roman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2018
    Teague
    What if he doesn't want me to ride him?
    Then I have enjoyed your company John Snow.
    Lotsa good lines.

...and the dragons! Man, maybe the best Ive ever seen (+Reign of Fire).

The scene where they swoop through the gulley. Wow.

Unspoken lines....the look on the dragons face when Jon stepped up to hold Daenerys.

Last edited:

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    ...and the dragons!
    I remember thinking "No wonder this season is going to be so few episodes. For this much CGI, they're blowing through their budget at a prodigious rate."

I just hope they pay as much attention to showing Jon's direwolf, Ghost. There are only two of the Stark direwolves left and it would be a shame if at least one of them didn't get some screen time in this final season. Last season's appearance of Nymeria was either a send-off or a set-up. I was thinking it was a send-off and we'd never see Nymeria again but, come to think of it, having one episode where Ghost joins Nymeria and the pack to make a difference in some battle would be mighty satisfying.

Wishful thinking, I know, but until the episodes actually air I can still dream.

Dad_Roman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2018
    Teague
    I remember thinking "No wonder this season is going to be so few episodes. For this much CGI, they're blowing through their budget at a prodigious rate."

Wishful thinking, I know, but until the episodes actually air I can still dream.
    CGI....True dat. Big bucks but Im diggin it.

Good call on Nymeria. It would be sweet if she swept in with the pack to turn the tide in a battle.

Glad you pointed those two out. It was getting hard to remember who is still alive.

ed308

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    DFW
    No clue what ya'll talking about? I'm a little late to the party since I just started watching season 1 this week. Two episode watched. Like what I'm seeing too.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    No clue what ya'll talking about? I'm a little late to the party since I just started watching season 1 this week. Two episode watched. Like what I'm seeing too.
    This thread will contain spoilers. I suggest you don't read it but it's your call.

Top Bottom