• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • diveRN

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2014
    The Metroplex
    Just curious about what individual accomplishments folks have made these past 12 months. Things like first time training and/or classes, competitive shooting, CHL, reloading, etc. Things related to firearms that you did for the first time this year or are particularly proud of.

I had a few: I got my Texas CHL, joined an active shooting club, started shooting sporting clays regularly, and finally got my progressive press into production and dialed in.

Goals for 2016 - Shoot in a competitive 3-gun match, NRA Pistol and Rifle instructor certs and (still debating this) Texas CHL Instructor Cert.

How about you?
    Hurley's Gold

Couyon

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 21, 2013
    NW of Austin
    Went to the range almost weekly. Took two defense courses. Carried more than I ever have in my life. Good start, but I want to do better in 2016.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Made reliable hits out to 1000 yards. I clicked it right in with a good app for my phone. The gun made it almost too easy though. My Savage 110 BA in .338 Lapua is a great shooting rifle. I highly recommend it.

At the same time I managed to show a few shooters what kind of rifle really needs a brake. Their ARs are nice but they stopped making all that noise when I fired one off.

LFHenderson

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2015
    Got wife comfortable enough shooting that we both now have CHL, got back into reloading. Went to the range almost weekly even with working 3200hrs for the year.

Sent from somewhere.

acorneau

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 5, 2014
    Houston
    I started shooting Small-bore Silhouette in February where you start at the bottom as a "B" shooter.

- In May I won first place for "B" classification at the state match in both Standard and Hunter rifle.
    - My state match scores bumped me up to an "A" shooter for both Standard and Hunter rifle.
    - This past weekend I got my third "AA" score to bump me up to "AA" class in Standard rifle. Need one more "AA" score for Hunter rifle.

Goals for 2016:

- "AA" in Hunter rifle (hopefully in January).
    - Place in top 3 at the State match. (Much more competition in "AA"!)
    - "AAA" in Standard and Hunter by year's end.

That's pretty much it for me.

cbigclarke

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    cypress
    I've found myself to be reducing the number and increasing the quality of firearms we own.
    This is a long term goal for me. My collection will have to be passed down to several children, and I want them to have nice, solid, long lasting, quality pieces

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Top Bottom