• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    With few exceptions, I competed for almost 8 years in NRA matches at 200 and 600 yards using iron sights and from NRA positions. Cataracts changed all that! At first, I thought my rifle and pistol shooting was over............until I learned how to fight the beast!

Cataracts don't reduce my vision which is still almost perfect. Cataracts screw up light and contrast which is important in shooting iron sights. I did some trading, got rid of most of the 20" A2 AR's that I treasured, went to flat tops with scopes and the rifle problem is solved! I don't compete any more but still enjoy shooting!

Putting scopes on AK rifles was something I swore I'd never do. I did that, too.

Pistol shooting is largely mental. The eyesight is different, now but I can still put the bullets where I want them to go. If the light is wrong at the range, I move the target closer. The skills required are the same and it's fun! All had to do is get my attitude and mind right.

These don't sound like huge changes, but they made a world of difference in my Shooting Sports enjoyment!

Flash

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Bought stuff and assembled my 1st AR lower.
    Got a custom upper assembled from GZP.
    Put a scope on it and tweaked handloads till it shot sub MOA easily.
    Gathering stuff for the next AR

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    With few exceptions, I competed for almost 8 years in NRA matches at 200 and 600 yards using iron sights and from NRA positions. Cataracts changed all that! At first, I thought my rifle and pistol shooting was over............until I learned how to fight the beast!

Cataracts don't reduce my vision which is still almost perfect. Cataracts screw up light and contrast which is important in shooting iron sights. I did some trading, got rid of most of the 20" A2 AR's that I treasured, went to flat tops with scopes and the rifle problem is solved! I don't compete any more but still enjoy shooting!

Putting scopes on AK rifles was something I swore I'd never do. I did that, too.

Pistol shooting is largely mental. The eyesight is different, now but I can still put the bullets where I want them to go. If the light is wrong at the range, I move the target closer. The skills required are the same and it's fun! All had to do is get my attitude and mind right.

These don't sound like huge changes, but they made a world of difference in my Shooting Sports enjoyment!

Flash
    Glad you were able to find a way.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    1. Finally found a decent rail mount for my 185 series Mini-14 and mounted a red dot on it. An Amega Mini Scout rail and PA red dot sight. Also installed an Accustrut.

2. Bought a HD pump shotgun that I've been wanting for a long time. My first 12 gauge ever.

3. Purchased a PSA upper to go with the lower I bought last year. Replaced all the furniture (upper and lower) with Magpul MOE stuff. Upgraded both AR triggers with an ALG Defense trigger in one and Wolff springs in the other.

4. Achieved my goal for ammo stock in .223/5.56, .45ACP, and 9mm. 2K rounds of each. Built up my .22LR supply to around 6k.

5. No negligent discharges. Knock on wood.

6. Averaged monthly range trips

7. Practiced a lot of dry fire from concealed. Love that Laserlyte.

8. Installed a PRP trigger kit in my XDm .45 ACP 3.8" Compact

9. Stocked up on AR mags.

Blind Sniper

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2013
    Bay City, MI
    Got started in competition shooting (NSSF rimfire matches), got some family interested in the same. Hopefully by years' end I'll have gotten a .22 pistol and a new rifle as well, but not holding out hope.

Top Bottom