• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CanTex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Pflugerville
    I am looking for some assistance here. Own two Sig Sauer .22 Mosquitos. AWESOME pistols HOWEVER. They come with 1 mag (metal). I went to Academy and picked up 4 more FACTORY mags and they were plastic. One broke first time at the range. At $30 plus I was more than a little unhappy.

Emailed Sig asked a few questions and wondered if the mags were actual genuine Sig products. Also wondered if Sig had any customer service people who would offer any assistance. (ok looking for discount/freebee/replacement offering ) The reply was We sell metal and plastic mags. Didn't acknowledge my complaint/concern etc. (wow poor me) However, Customer service means taking the lemon that hit the customer, making it into lemonaid and feeding it to the customer and watching them come back with friends to buy more. Not just saying that they got hit with a lemon.

So, Who has anything other than SIG as their .22 semi auto pistol ? Do you have any problems with it or any stories on how the manufacturer took a bad situation and made it better. (( Kind of making a problem into future sales )) Cause if you tell me I am likely to go out and replace my SIGs with ANYTHING that comes with support ... oh and metal mags that don't cost twice my Chip McCormic .45s. I had looked at Sig vs Walther vs Ruger but am willing to consider all.

I tend to go a little overboard with mags.. my 10/22 has sufficient that I can load a full box of .22 (550) without running out of mag space (metal lip mags only)
    DK Firearms

juwaba98

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    North Zulch, TX
    I just recently picked up an older Ruger MkII and love it. I've not needed CS from Ruger but have heard it is excellent. With the purchase of the MkII, I promptly sold off my Mosquito. I liked the Mosquito well enough, but not near as much as the Ruger. The quality of the guns are in two different classes IMO. The Mosquito was bought because I needed a .22 for my wife to learn on and it said SIG on it. Well she learned and I found out it isn't really a SIG. It's made for SIG but not by SIG. The idea is great, but the execution was only adequate.

FWIW emailing SIG is almost useless, if you are willing to get on the phone they tend to be more helpful. An email is much easier to dismiss than a live voice.

just my

lonewolf23c

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2008
    Idaho
    I had a Walther P22 with the 3.4" barrel, it was ok, but not very accurate it seemed like. I'd recommend the Walther P22 with the 5" barrel, they seem to be more accurate. The p22 I had rarely had any problems, just a few and I mean very few failure to feeds which was just due to the gun being dirty, and a few failure to fire's which was due to cheap ammo. The gun itself functioned great, just didn't care for the short barrel. I'm actually going to be picking up another one but with the 5" barrel. The magazines for the P22 are metal, just have to watch out for offbrand mags.

You could also look at the Browning Buckmark .22. A friend of mine had one, and I fired it several times, it was very accurate, very reliable, magazines were metal and functioned flawlessly.

dee

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Red River Way
    The Ruger MKIII's are scary accurate with the factory bull barrel don't own one but have shot a few, if I didn't already have a .22 pistol I would buy one.

Stumpy

Landman/Presbyterian
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2009
    Slaton, TX
    i own at 1950s Ruger Mk1. great pistol, but if i had the money, i would go buy a Ruger Mk3 Hunter. its stainless steel, rosewood grips, fluted bull barrel, and tru glo fiber optic sights. its BADASS

CJS3

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Katy
    Ruger MkII. I used to have a MKI, but used it in a trade for a pistol I no longer have. The MkI was a shooter, that couldn't be stopped. I haven't shot the MkII that much, but the times I have had it at the range, it eats the target centers and spits out the brass.

fm2

Event Coordinator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I have a Browning Buckmark that shoots great! I've shot a buddy's Ruger and liked it a lot also.

brickboy240

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Houston, TX, USA
    I have owned a Ruger 22-45 for 10 years and it has been stellar.

If you shoot a 1911, SIg or Hi-Power, the 22-45 makes total sense because it feels similar and the controls are in the same place. Also, with the cost of 1911 22 conversions and their spotty reputation...the 22-45 shines in that area as well.

I have had many chances to trade or change 22 autopistols but why? The Ruger 22-45 is perfect.

If you ask me, the 22 semiauto pistols are one of the best things Ruger makes.

- brickboy240

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    I've got both a Ruger MK-I (1977 vintage) and a fairly new Buckmark Camper. The Buckmark is still a little finicky about ammo. It will shoot Mini Mags and other higher power ammo all day long, but will sometimes fail to feed cheap-o bulk stuff. I it is still a little tight and I think the lower power ammo doesn't get the slide all the way back. I'm sure this will go away after more shooting. The Ruger eats anything, Accuracy on the two are about the same in my hands. The Ruger has a longer barrel & sight radius, but the Buckmark has a little better trigger.

You can't go wrong with either.

Ruger_Buckmark_OPM.gif

Stangfan93

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Houston/Pasadena
    My ruger mkIII 22/45 run great with federals and Winchester super x. Not so much with rem thunderbolts which is fine. Other than that I love it. With it I can shoot the testees off a fly in the air

dbgun

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    My ruger mkIII 22/45 runs great

+1...bought my MKIII a year ago when I traded away my S&W 422 to a relative. The 422 was nice but I like the Ruger better. I have been looking at getting a Browning Buckmark, just don't have the funds right now.

jfrey

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    Coastal Texas
    My Browning Buck Mark is very accurate and is a great overall pistol. I have called Browning CS a couple of times with questions and they are very helpful and eager to please the customer. You can't go wrong with the BM.

thorkyl

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Brazoria County
    Walther p22 3.5 barrel then bought the barrel upgrade kit to the 5 inch barrel.

Easy to go back and forth, now if they only made that thing in 9mm...

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    The 41 is great and so are the HS Citations, Supermatics, Military HD etc if you can find a reasonable vintage model. I think the new HS is making one of them now.

The HS and 41 S&W have always been highly rated. Browning Medalist is nice but real pricy these days. I had one new in the 60s and paid around 250 for it. Thought that was high back then.

Flight954

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Cypress, TX
    My first 22lr pistol was a Browning Buckmark and I traded it off. Then I got the dreaded Beretta Neos, great looking piece, I could never get as accurate w/ it like my Browning so I traded it off. Then I moved onto the Ruger MarkIII Hunter OK accuracy but it's particular on ammo, I still have this one. Moving on, I go to the gunshow a few weeks ago and bought my second Buckmark and will never shoot another 22lr pistol. The Browing is by far the best for out of the box accuracy, it eats anything I feed it and it's easy to clean. I will be posting the MarkIII for sale soon.

Top Bottom