• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jwise

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2009
    Spring
    I bought a used S&W 422 for $150 several years ago. It's accuracy leaves quite a bit to be desired.

I now have a Ruger 22/45 MkIII. I added a Tactical Solutions barrel, and an AAC Pilot. It is the shiznit!

0905200928b.jpg
    Hurley's Gold

digger

Curmudgeon
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    West Texas
    Ruger MK lll 22/45

Just bought one and it's great! Couldn't find anyone that didn't think they were the best so didn't have a choice.

iratollah

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2008
    My Beretta Model 70S in .22 is one of the finest shooting handguns I've ever owned. They were standard issue for Mossad way back when. Prolly not easy to find one today. I'd sell every other handgun I own, except perhaps for my P7 before I'd ever get rid of that Model 70.

Beretta1.jpg

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    Glock 17 with an advantage arms .22 coversion kit.

I also have the Beretta Jaguar that I grew up shooting. it was my mother's. Need the long barrel for it to thread and suppress.

My wife has her Walther P-22.

A friend has a Beretta Cheetah which is the nicest.22 that I have ever held or shot.

No prblems with any of these systems. All are shot exclusivelyt with suppressors.
    The nicest .22

GTRich94

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2009
    u
    I've had a 4.5" Beretta Neos since January and have put about 3K rounds through it. Easy to clean, eats anything I feed it and the magazines are a snap to load. You can get extra factory mags from CDNN for 9.99. It also comes from the factory with a rail on top that you can mount a red dot or other scope to make it a tack driver.

jfrey

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    Coastal Texas
    Just as a comparison; I went shooting with a friend of mine yesterday. He was shooting his Ruger Mark III hunter and I was shooting my Browning Buck Mark. Both pistols are only a couple months old. After shooting several hundred rounds from both pistols, the Ruger was having FTE's about every other mag. My Buck Mark never had one hickup at all. After our shooting session, we immediately went to a local gunshop and my friend is thinking seriously about trading the Ruger on a BM just like mine.

I'm not trying to bad mouth the Ruger but the proof is in the performance. No function problems and 1/2 to 1/3 smaller group sizes at 25 yds. with the BM tells the tale. Both pistols have red dot sights on them. Mine is a $50.00 model and his cost $200.00. There is no comparison between the triggers on the 2 guns either.

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    I just saw jwise post with his pilot

Nice set up

The .22 is the finest platform for suppression out there.

cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    Ruger MKII by all means, a bit tricky to re-assemble when stripped for thorough cleaning but once the trick is learned, a snap ! Very accurate, snazzy extra parts readily available, only plastic is grips which are aokay anyway. A quality steel pistol that will last a lifetime if properly cared for and not terribly expensive.

The MKIII has a more modern mag release, like a 1911 but the MKII has been no problem with it's under the mag release.

hangtree

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    South Texas
    Ruger MK III Competition with slab bull barrel. I had one mag giving me feeding problems. I used the fix in the link below on both mags and have not had a problem since. I did not use a dremel tool but a small file and only took off just enuf to round the corners.

Now, gun is accurate and excellent.

Mag fix Here

Two98ZJs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2009
    SW of Hou.
    I have own the mkII since the early '80s and that is the sweetest weapon in every way. Got it new from Oshmons (sp) and found out fast it sings the best w/CCIs , mini-mags and the clip is 20 rounds too short. One day at the range with a co-office person and his Browning Buckmark, we compared shots using the same ammo noticed the mkII does not have the punch to swing/flip metal plate targets as the BM could. The backward swings would almost get vertical every time. Well, close enough. So that was telling me the mkII was using more energy backwards than the BM. ;p.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    I moved onto the Ruger MarkIII Hunter ... bought my second Buckmark and will never shoot another 22lr pistol. I will be posting the MarkIII for sale soon.

i will be keeping an eye out for it!
    ive had my eye on those since i got the last ruger catalog.

"Pasture" Steve

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    Victoria Texas
    I shoot a Bersa Thunder 22 ....... 10 + 1 metal mags.... I have close to 1,000 rounds through it with only low powered ammo problems.. She likes HV stuff Stingers, Velocitors, Mini Mags and such as that............

Kyle

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Conroe
    I miss my buckmark... wish I didn't trade it off. NEVER had a problem with it. I am looking for a replacement now.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I used to have a ruger MKII version of the 22/45, it was great but I sold it :banghead:, now I have a neos, It's cheap and after sending it in for a new striker housing it shoots good. very accurate but I'm not a fan of the sights, I was driving tacks with a red dot on it. Overall it is perfect if you want a cheap gun to shoot cheap ammo but there are a few things that could be better. Mostly the sights and the safety digs into my thumb when it's on.

firefree

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2012
    Crosby
    My Ruger MkII 22/45 is a rotten gun. It took the fun out of plinking.
    When you hit everything you aim at, function is 100%, and it feels great in your hand.
    Whats left?

Top Bottom