• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AcidFlashGordon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    For a budget vacation, you can't beat Vegas. Cheap air fares, cheap car rental, cheap hotels off the strip, Clark County shooting range, lots of sights to see, and of course, penny slots and gaming!

Thanks for plugging my city. :welcome: Just for information, the Clark County Shooting Complex is closed on Monday and Tuesday during summer hours ... if anyone else is planning a visit. And you can arrive at any time because McCarran Airport operates 24/7.

As for a once in a lifetime vacation for me, a cruise along some of the major rivers in Europe. While in Germany in the Army back in the mid/late 70s, I visited a lot of the old sites in central Germany. In the town I was stationed, Giessen, a 300 year old monastery had been converted into an inn and the walking path to it through the woods was outstanding. Next to it, they were excavating the remains of another building dated at 1025 A.D. Any place I can go to visit ancient history of the world would be a favorite in my book.
    Gun Zone Deals

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Long Bay resort, Tortola, British Virgin Islands.

It took me a day to slow down to "island time", but the best and most relaxing place i have ever been.

I haven't been to that specific resort, but the BVI experience is going to be hard to top. Wife and I went there for our 25 anniversary and cruised for a week in a catamaran. It was fantastic.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Cinque Terre in Italy is a pretty awesome place. Basically five villages connected by, ferry, foot path and rail. I've been there once, wife maybe three times, and it does look like this:
    Cinque-Terre.jpg

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Cinque Terre in Italy is a pretty awesome place. Basically five villages connected by, ferry, foot path and rail. I've been there once, wife maybe three times, and it does look like this:
    Cinque-Terre.jpg

I gotta say, while picturesque, I couldn't be there more than a couple hours.
    Ain't no room to move around.

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    About 23,000 miles above my current location would be my ideal vacation spot but I'm an Astro nut. On the planet would probably have to be a nice long road trip on either this continent or the European continent.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    I gotta say, while picturesque, I couldn't be there more than a couple hours.
    Ain't no room to move around.

It really opens up between the villages, and some have large beaches. The only downside are the German tourists who are trying to get from the top village, to the bottom village, and back as many times as possible each day. I just sat in little cafe's, drank Bierra Moretti's and watched.

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    I love Hawaii. I couldn't live there on a permanent basis because of their left leaning politics, but it's the kind of weather and laid back culture I enjoy.

I was stationed there for 2 1/2 years in the Navy. At Wheeler AFB working at Kunia. We went for vacation last July and had a ball. Oahu for two days where I was able to tour my old base near Wahiawa, as well as Pearl Harbor. Then on to Maui where my wife has cousins that we stayed with for a few days. Rented a Mustang convertible coursed around and did the Road to Hana deal.

I like the idea of a wilderness type vacation, but the wife's not into that. So I keep the peace.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I love Hawaii. I couldn't live there on a permanent basis because of their left leaning politics, but it's the kind of weather and laid back culture I enjoy.

I was stationed there for 2 1/2 years in the Navy. At Wheeler AFB working at Kunia. We went for vacation last July and had a ball. Oahu for two days where I was able to tour my old base near Wahiawa, as well as Pearl Harbor. Then on to Maui where my wife has cousins that we stayed with for a few days. Rented a Mustang convertible coursed around and did the Road to Hana deal.

I like the idea of a wilderness type vacation, but the wife's not into that. So I keep the peace.
    Isle Royale Nation Park is perfect for either type.

If you want outdoors you hike on the trails and sleep in wooden shelters. If you like more civilization you can stay in the resort and go out on day hikes.

GLI45

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 26, 2008
    Texas Hill Country
    Stayed at the Marriott Los Suenos Resort on the Pacific coast of Costa Rica a few years ago and it was great. Mountains, rain forest, wildlife, beaches, water, golf, spa, food, cigars, etc. People are really nice and no language problem because English is taught in schools.

Having said that, I must admit I love my place in the Blue Ridge mountains of North Carolina about two hours north Asheville. Quiet, secluded, beautiful scenery, trout fishing, nice nearby town (Boone, NC), skiing in winter, hiking...

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      78.9 KB · Views: 216
    Last edited:

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Stayed at the Marriott Los Suenos Resort on the Pacific coast of Costa Rica a few years ago and it was great. Mountains, rain forest, wildlife, beaches, water, golf, spa, food, cigars, etc. People are really nice and no language problem because English is taught in schools.

Having said that, I must admit I love my place in the Blue Ridge mountains of North Carolina about two hours north Asheville. Quiet, secluded, beautiful scenery, trout fishing, nice nearby town (Boone, NC), skiing in winter, hiking...

I once new a guy, that had a friend whose brother in law went to college with this guy that stayed at the Hotel Del Rey in San Jose. He did none of those things you wrote about, was not quiet, but had a hell of a good time :)

However that is probably a vacation spot you don't want to take the wife to.....................ijs.

Couyon

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 21, 2013
    NW of Austin
    My son lives in Boone. We love it up there!

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Wondering if OP decided on a destination.
    Just got my bonus notification. Told momma to pick a spot.
    Still want to see Costa Rica.

Top Bottom