Your Opinions On Hogue Rubber Finger Groove Grips???

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by A_FIVE-O, Jul 18, 2009.

1. A_FIVE-O

A_FIVE-O Active Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Houston-Laredo
    When I had my Sig Sauer P220 I changed the grips out to Hogue Rubber Finger Groove Wrap Arounds. IMO it made the gun feel much better in my hands and lessened the recoil. I know you 1911 guys like the traditional grips, but I went ahead and changed them on my Para 1911 too. What do you guys think?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Stangfan93

Stangfan93 Member

Apr 29, 2009
    Houston/Pasadena
    I think it gives the gun a nice feel. IMHO I felt it helped with recoil because the fingers have something to "bite" into. But, I took them off because my gun has checkering in that area. So for me it was a waste to spend the money on buying a gun with checkering there and then to put those grips on. I liked the grips don't get me wrong. I just preferred the gun with out.

Plus it does make your gun nicer looking than the dooky looking factory plastic panels

3. kerryp

kerryp Active Member

Apr 12, 2009
    Bastrop
    Heys its your gun, do what works for you. I like the natural look of a 1911 without finger groove grips, but I have the hogue finger grrove insert under my Kimber grips too because I think it gives me a better feel and control and to be honest they don't look bad with the finger grooves

[​IMG]

4. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    I was wondering what happened to you 5-0. Did you finally leave Huntsville? LOL

5. A_FIVE-O

A_FIVE-O Active Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Houston-Laredo
    Dude, work has me so freakin busy!!! And yes I left Huntsville without shooting any hogs or shagging any at SHSU. LOL!!!:p

6. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair

:lolz:

7. Shorts

Shorts TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    I don't use them as they normally made the grip bigger than was comfortable for my hands. But if they work for you, use them. :happy0001:

8. 40Arpent

40Arpent TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    How dare you deface that gun!!! :hammerhead: :rofl:

5-0, you know I am not a fan of the way they feel, as they seem to force my fingers into an unnatural position, but I gotta admit that they look pretty good on the P14. :happy0001:

9. MadMo44Mag

MadMo44Mag TGT Addict

Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    I used them on all my magnums and the slip on version on my S&W 9mm
    Never had a problem with them and yes they do beef up the grips some.

10. Scott_F

Scott_F Member

Jun 4, 2009
    CSTX
    I put the regular hogue (no finger spacer things) on my 220 and the finger spaced version on my 226. I prefer the flat front strap Hogue as my hand just doesn't fit those finger cut outs exactly. I still can shoot it well and it doesn't truly bother me, but I prefer the flat ones that I put on the 220.

I think for certain pistols, they are a real upgrade. On a carry piece, I can see it potentially interfering with the draw perhaps, maybe make you print more?. That rubber is rather tacky and when I conceal my 220, I notice my shirt material seems to sort of stick to it a bit.