Hurley's Gold

Your road rage stories? How do you handle it.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    I cruised through the whole thread and noted something that was left unsaid. If you find yourself in a road rage situation, don't drive faster. Slow down and if necessary, pull over. Nothing will be gained by turning a road rage incident into a high speed road rage incident! If you have your cell phone, call the law.

Flash

Pulling over can lead to the other person blocking you in and coming after you. Better make sure you are prepared to drive off, perhaps over the assailant, if you pull over and stop.
    Guns International

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    As to the original question, to quote a famous Italian racer: "What is in my rear view mirror is of no concern to me."

ks123

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    OP appears to have dropped off. Must be a sale on flat brimmed hats and oakleys somewhere.

Nah. Just got bored of the same thing being said over and over. Actually, I'm amazed that this thread is still going... good on me for starting such a interesting thread :D

Edit- I lost interest when people started talking about turtle sex. Lol

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Had a guy fly by honking at me today.

I realized I had been cruzing in the left lane. Checked my mirrors and moved to the right.

Being an adult is so boring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Had a guy fly by honking at me today.

I realized I had been cruzing in the left lane. Checked my mirrors and moved to the right.

Being an adult is so boring.

Pfft - not it isn't. It just doesn't matter. When the jackasses try to scoot over into the open lane, I probably let them in more than anyone (sorry Dawico, I do not support Bernie) Really? Maybe I've got low T or something, but they are not worth the effort. For the 15 seconds they might cost me, I think their blood pressure is higher than mine.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    That topic is from the PW thread.

NO CROSS POSTING!!!:mad:

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    If they use a blinker, I will usually let them in.
    I adopt this rule for most lane changing. I will sincerely try to help you make your lane change if you signal. However, that doesn't apply to those "cut in the front of the line" situations. As for those "stealth" lane-changers who are constantly weaving from lane to lane without signals, I just try to avoid getting clipped. I figure they'll screw up all on their own, eventually.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Some (not all) of this could be avoided is people heeded the "slower traffic keep right" signs.

If someone wants to drive less than the speed limit, I am fine with that. Just do it in the right lane, not the left.

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Some (not all) of this could be avoided is people heeded the "slower traffic keep right" signs.

If someone wants to drive less than the speed limit, I am fine with that. Just do it in the right lane, not the left.

THIS. Don't be that asshole that drives side by side with someone doing 10 under the speed limit (I have had this happen). At that point, your just being a jerk to everyone else behind you.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    THIS. Don't be that asshole that drives side by side with someone doing 10 under the speed limit (I have had this happen). At that point, your just being a jerk to everyone else behind you.

Don't forget the ones that speed up as you go to get around them.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown

Yes, the screen play. Seems like some folks like driving neck and neck. I don't want to be driving right next to anybody. No avenue of escape in case an emergency maneuver is necessary.

Top Bottom