• ...and so much more!
  • easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I keep hearing things like armed guards and better security (make it a fortress?) for schools. It reminds me of when I was 10 and at Maclaren Hall in California. Now that would be the last place I would think a mass shooter would attempt at killing kids, unless it was an inside job. I hated being their. It felt much like prison. It certainly didn't help me want to learn while in class.

I guess certainly it would help against such attacks, but what does it do to the mentality of the children? Certainly I want children to be safe, but what's next? Fortify parks and other places where many children may be?

If we all live our lives in fear, who wins?

This also reminds me of after September 11th, 2001. People screaming for more security. What freedoms did we give up for a "more secure society"?

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Evil exists and no law will stop it.

Restricting the rights of good people isn’t the answer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Exactly! Bad people will find ways to do bad things. Certainly I would like to see the average person carrying means to defend themselves and family, but the idea of seeing armed guards everywhere is frightening in a dystopian kind of way.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    Considering what just happened, what’s your way to reduce or stop “mass shootings” besides armed security/teachers. I’m excluding this because it’s probably the most logical and obvious way. Let me know.
    Your thread to ask what you want but since it is open to replies, my post to post what I want, so I have to ask: Why on earth would you ask people what is their solution to prevent mass shootings (I imagine you mean in schools since you exclude arming teachers but they certainly are not only happening there) and then exclude what you think to be the most likely and logical answer!

My answer, regardless of you trying to exclude it - in the case of protecting school children and staff - is to arm teachers and other staff and my answer to help stop such shootings in general would be to arm all law abiding competent citizens 18 years old and older.

Of course, there are also the options (in addition to the above and not excluding those above as for some reason you would do) to: have a swiftly carried out publicly viewed death penalty for such offenders upon conviction and after all appeals, to implement a drastic reduction in the number and time frame for appeals of such convictions, to hold publicly viewed lashings prior to executions (100 lashes for each victim), to not allow bail for such offenses, lifelong incarceration in commitment to a mental institution for such offenders who successfully use the insanity defense, many years to lifelong mandatory commitment to a mental institution for psychotic people who are violent, requiring social media sites like Facebook to create an algorithm to alert to posts like the ones this dirtbag made before his rampage and mandating that such sites immediately notify law enforcement of such threats (hell, I believe they have algorithms in place - at least on Twitter - to catch anyone saying the 2020 election was rigged), requiring any people who have prior (to the event) knowledge of such threats to immediately inform LE authorities and holding them criminally accountable if they do not do so, requiring LE officers to respond immediately to such threats to innocent children (regardless of risks because too many hide behind each other while waiting outside during some of these shootings), to have training classes for school staff & children on how to act in such instances - including among others things like take cover, hide & run - on how to attack such a shooter in mass even if weaponless (these classes could take the place of tranvestites teaching children how to change their gender and likely would be much better for the kids than something like that), mandating that schools have only a single & guarded access point (with bullet proof shielding) to enter the building (of course there would still be emergency exits that could be opened only from inside), electing politicians who will get that all done and requiring, by way of law, that teachers & other school staff must do it despite the protestations that would come from unions.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Being a teacher, albeit college, I have a good perspective of many of my faculty colleagues. While I'm sure there are other teachers that are armed, especially in the Justice Dept., besides myself, I also know there are many I wouldn't want to see armed. It boggles my mind that it's okay for college students and teachers to be armed, but not the lower level (K thru 12) teachers and those old enough not to be able to carry. I don't know who all carries, since it's concealed and I can't ask. Those in my department know, but then we are always around each other.

I, at times, have to visit grade and high schools. It's a pain having to remind myself to disarm before entering the schools. For some reason, I'm dangerous to be around younger students, as opposed to older students, armed. That's ridiculous!

I do hope this helps in changing those laws, for those comfortable with carrying in schools, not all.

msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    The Romans had a way with miscreants..........

1653613154202.png

BigTexasOne

Support gun control! Hit what you aim at!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2016
    Springtown
    mandatory gun safety and competency training, and require every household have firearms. I addition, the use of a firearm in any crime results in life imprisonment, with no chance of parole, mandatory sentence, no plea bargaining, no insanity defense. If you use a gun, you life is forfeit!

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    mandatory gun safety and competency training, and require every household have firearms. I addition, the use of a firearm in any crime results in life imprisonment, with no chance of parole, mandatory sentence, no plea bargaining, no insanity defense. If you use a gun, you life is forfeit!
    Many of those are already on the books, but the problem we face are the liberal bleeding heart prosecutors that won't do their jobs, putting the criminals in prison. Or they play lets make a deal and plead them down, and drop some charges just to get a plea deal.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2021
    Victoria, TX
    Our teachers are armed. No one is supposed to know who of course.

Each community has their own home grown crazies and everyone generally knows who they are.

Any verbal or implied threat should be addressed swiftly and with the utmost prejudice. Make an example.

Go to an airport and start talking trash about guns and bombs. They don't screw around.

Same thing should apply anywhere.

Alan

Top Bottom