• ...and so much more!
  • Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    If we were a nation with limited resources and manpower, that would be the last option. However we are not.
    What?
    Teachers teach.
    I hope so.
    The way our society degenerated, it is past talking time and discussions.
    A reason why teachers should be encouraged to be armed.
    Schools need to be secured as heavily as airports.
    Cool. We will let the same tsa retards that helped 9-11 happen be in charge of school security.
    Venture Surplus ad

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    I'm sure that isn't colleges he's talking about, so that probably excludes me anyway. I'm more of making it legal for all legal to carry, like college campuses, but that probably won't happen. I don't know how many students carry at my college, but if they are of age, they are allowed. Certainly I'm not opposed to free training, but is training required for all that carry now, or just teachers?

Still don't think we're quite on the same wave length.

ME - myself, and Irene - I'm 100% for removing all restrictions on carrying on school campuses for those who may legally possess a firearm. Teachers, staff, cops, janitors, parents, guests, even students if they're old enough. Kindegarten or PHD level college, whatever. I think its bullshit that any public accomodation be restricted - including private entities open to the public (like hospitals) and schools.

As for if Mr. Bondy's training offer applies to colleges - I'm not sure. If you have Facebook, there's a facebook group he runs for his training school, the answer is probably on there, or you can shoot him a message. Worst he says is "nope" - right? Best answer is "yes" - in which you'd get free training classes, which makes the cost of training a lot cheaper (since you'd only be paying travel related expenses and ammo at that point)

I don't think there should be any requirements in the law as to specific training for anyone to carry. Its your God given right - the state just needs to either stay silent on the entire issue, or acknowledge it and be as unobtrusive as possible in said recognition.

Under the current rule set though - if your employer says "Mr. Teacher, you can carry on campus provided you get some training" - then ok. Carry whatever stupid card they want to see - a security guard license, an LTC, your certificate from Whiz Bang Wonder Academy of Gun-Fu - because if that lets you carry that makes you safer, and your students safer should some nutter walk in guns blazing. At least you get a fighting chance then.

I don't like bringing it up because of the whole "furiner tellin us how XYZ was better than Texas" - but prior to the last elections when stupidity's roots grew deeper - in Oregon I could carry damn near anywhere with a CHL. The only places you were hard & fast excluded from were spelled out in the law.

"No Guns" signs didn't mean shit - unlike the 30.05/06/07 signs here. Schools were not a prohibited place, nor were bars, churches, hospitals, nursing homes, sports arenas etc. Texas is far more restrictive in where the general plebs are allowed to carry than a lot of other states. I carried at concerts, baseball games, I even once found myself on the psych floor of a hospital (visiting a patient, she didn't tell us she was on the nutter floor, we found that out when we got off the elevator) while carrying. It was all 100% legal.

Thats one of the few things I think Texas needs to change - because more freedom is better.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Still don't think we're quite on the same wave length.

ME - myself, and Irene - I'm 100% for removing all restrictions on carrying on school campuses for those who may legally possess a firearm. Teachers, staff, cops, janitors, parents, guests, even students if they're old enough. Kindegarten or PHD level college, whatever. I think its bullshit that any public accomodation be restricted - including private entities open to the public (like hospitals) and schools.

As for if Mr. Bondy's training offer applies to colleges - I'm not sure. If you have Facebook, there's a facebook group he runs for his training school, the answer is probably on there, or you can shoot him a message. Worst he says is "nope" - right? Best answer is "yes" - in which you'd get free training classes, which makes the cost of training a lot cheaper (since you'd only be paying travel related expenses and ammo at that point)

I don't think there should be any requirements in the law as to specific training for anyone to carry. Its your God given right - the state just needs to either stay silent on the entire issue, or acknowledge it and be as unobtrusive as possible in said recognition.

Under the current rule set though - if your employer says "Mr. Teacher, you can carry on campus provided you get some training" - then ok. Carry whatever stupid card they want to see - a security guard license, an LTC, your certificate from Whiz Bang Wonder Academy of Gun-Fu - because if that lets you carry that makes you safer, and your students safer should some nutter walk in guns blazing. At least you get a fighting chance then.

I don't like bringing it up because of the whole "furiner tellin us how XYZ was better than Texas" - but prior to the last elections when stupidity's roots grew deeper - in Oregon I could carry damn near anywhere with a CHL. The only places you were hard & fast excluded from were spelled out in the law.

"No Guns" signs didn't mean shit - unlike the 30.05/06/07 signs here. Schools were not a prohibited place, nor were bars, churches, hospitals, nursing homes, sports arenas etc. Texas is far more restrictive in where the general plebs are allowed to carry than a lot of other states. I carried at concerts, baseball games, I even once found myself on the psych floor of a hospital (visiting a patient, she didn't tell us she was on the nutter floor, we found that out when we got off the elevator) while carrying. It was all 100% legal.

Thats one of the few things I think Texas needs to change - because more freedom is better.
    It was the "authorization to carry at school for free" along with "credentials" that makes me think of another I.D. I certainly wouldn't turn my nose up at any free training. I do my own training, reading and videos, but someone else may see something I don't.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    I agree with the sentiment, because many of these killers are looking for their 15 minutes of fame, or infamy.

But #1 and #2 are problematic, because of the 1st Amendment and freedom of the press, so those would never happen in a free society.

#3, most assuredly.

I agree with you that it would be constitutionally problematic. I just really think this is one of the few ways to Keep these things from happening.

Not going to happen.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Not going back to read 26+ pages.

The answer is simple, get rid of "gun free" zones!

Per FBI statistics, 94% of the time active shooters pick a "gun free" zone.

"Because the sad reality is evil and deranged people will continue to attempt to take the lives of innocents regardless of what laws are on the books. And when they do, responding swiftly with force, including deadly force, is the optimal way — really the only way — to ensure they stop."

1653750768862.png

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    To what end do we harden target areas? I'm angry as F**K that young children were murdered, but what are the psychological effects on children and society when you turn areas into essentially prisonlike? Wouldn't it then be the possibility that we end up creating more monsters? I'm not against more cameras and better monitoring, especially on the outside entry ways, and even letting those who choose to arm themselves, but I believe more thought needs to be given to the kids' well being. We don't wrap our kids in bubble wrap when they stub their toe or fall down.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    To what end do we harden target areas? I'm angry as F**K that young children were murdered, but what are the psychological effects on children and society when you turn areas into essentially prisonlike? Wouldn't it then be the possibility that we end up creating more monsters? I'm not against more cameras and better monitoring, especially on the outside entry ways, and even letting those who choose to arm themselves, but I believe more thought needs to be given to the kids' well being. We don't wrap our kids in bubble wrap when they stub their toe or fall down.
    Totally agree. There does need to be a balance in being able to provide a secure environment, without making schools into a prison like setting.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Hey, I don't disagree you can never stop it but you can make it much much harder.

In a static situation, there’s not many options to harden between locked doors and putting a good guy with a gun everywhere.

Defense in depth also depends on people following procedure. If a door is supposed to he shut and locked and it’s not, the reactionary defensive shooter in the other side of that door is already behind the power curve.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!

Nope. Kids knowing they are safe from such animals has more of a positive psychological effect than cameras (which don't deter anyone) and "better monitoring."

Look at Israeli schools with their obvious display of armed force to protect against such attacks. How many school shootings have they had? Six in almost 50 years.

Learn from what works, don't try to reinvent the wheel!

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Nope. Kids knowing they are safe from such animals has more of a positive psychological effect than cameras (which don't deter anyone) and "better monitoring."

Look at Israeli schools with their obvious display of armed force to protect against such attacks. How many school shootings have they had? Six in almost 50 years.

Israel? A country that sees hostility from almost every country around them? Is that how you envision America, land of the free? I can only look back to when I was 10. The extra security I was in depressed me, it didn't make me feel safe. It was only a few months, but I never forgot that experience.

andre3k

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Houston

It has a "complex, multi-layered approach" to security that uses intelligence networks to examine the acquisition of weapons and social media activity, he said.

Yeah...let's trust the government to monitor your weapons acquisitions and your social media to build a profile of your likelihood to be a threat.

Sent from my SM-A135U1 using Tapatalk

alwho421

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2019
    Bartlett
    We traumatized them for two years with masks for nothing. Training and proper organization is the way to go. Having people around that have a set would be nice too.

Top Bottom