• ...and so much more!
  • TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    ....and once told you're trespassing, you move NOW. To ignore the landowner and continue what you're doing - that starts to rise to criminal trespass.....

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    It IS - but let's face it - until the idiot showed he wasn't going to remove himself as evidenced by his attempt to continue broadcasting where he was, he wasn't gonna be in trouble. The second he acknowledged the landowner and ignored him, ON LIVE TV - he's done. I'd be chargin' him just on principle!

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    i dont like to defend the media but we dont know who that guy was. My first question as a reporter would have been, "who are you?"....i am gonna bet that Marvin left pronto when those cameras went off.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Once he identifies himself in a way as to indicate he's got the authority, I'm gonna move. I'll worry about his bonafides later, lest a cop decide for me.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Sorry - but for all we know, there was livestock around that was being spooked.

More importantly - it's PRIVATE PROPERTY. I don't give a damn WHO they were, or WHAT they were doing - they do NOT have license to go anywhere they wish. Period.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Oh so INSTANT A$$HOLE IS THE WAY TO ASK THEM TO LEAVE??????? And where in my post did I state they had ANY rite to be there?? all i was saying was, he didnt have to be a Dick about it.......

If you're on my property and damaging it by driving vehicles in a wet field - WTF are you thinking? And furthermore, you don't have a "right" to cross ANY property line in this state just because you're a "news team". Period. End of story. I don't have ANY requirement to be nice/polite to those that come onto my property uninvited - and I've got a feeling that there had already been words about this that had been ignored.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Nice thing about your property, you don't have to be a nice guy while there or making the uninvited depart. The asshole here has no respect for property rights.

SpikeSpiegel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Texas
    He was an A$$HOLE thats who he was!!. they were just trying to report on a fire. maybe he should have just shot them for tresspassing?? what a Jacka$$!! he could have always been a little more polite about it.....

If you listen you can here him many times saying you are on "Private Property", I think he asked about 3 times before he climbs up on the news van. Just because they are media doesn't give them a right to just come on someones land.

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Somewhere here nor there....
    If you're on my property and damaging it by driving vehicles in a wet field - WTF are you thinking? And furthermore, you don't have a "right" to cross ANY property line in this state just because you're a "news team".
    again, where in any of my posts did i state they "HAD THE RITE TO BE THERE"?? THEY WERE WRONG FOR BEING THERE!!
    I don't have ANY requirement to be nice/polite to those that come onto my property uninvited
    GOOD LORD MAN!! where is your Texas good ol boy POLITENESS??? they were'nt there stealing cows or livestock. they were just reporting the news!! your killing me dude!! simply put, "Can ya all please leave this is private property or ill have to call the authorities"!!YA DONT HAVE TO physically grab them...
    and I've got a feeling that there had already been words about this that had been ignored.
    Oh, so now you can read minds or see into the past when you were'nt even there or seen ANY video to back up your A$$UMPTION?????

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    I think it's extremely sad that somebody can be as rude and obnoxious as this landowner and the only discussion is about the legalities of trespass. There was a time when parents raised their children and taught them to treat people with respect. The landowner could have asked them to leave - no harm, no foul. Instead, he behaved like a Yankee.

And we've all become so accustomed to all the brats and knotheads we see on TV that it's not even the least bit shocking. Sad.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    I'm tellin' ya, folks - you can almost bet that there had been words exchanged before all this. But - even if there wasn't, it's his property, not theirs. Period.

Top Bottom