• ...and so much more!
  • TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    I've been involved w/media before - on both sides of that camera. It wouldn't be the first time that you set up only to have someone come up and tell you you're on private property and need to move.....and you ignore 'em. That usually works - the owner sits on the sideline and fumes, but goes no further. I HAVE seen it escalate one time, to the point that a VERY profuse apology was the only thing that kept the cops from haulin' us off.

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Somewhere here nor there....
    I think it's extremely sad that somebody can be as rude and obnoxious as this landowner and the only discussion is about the legalities of trespass. There was a time when parents raised their children and taught them to treat people with respect. The landowner could have asked them to leave - no harm, no foul. Instead, he behaved like a Yankee.

And we've all become so accustomed to all the brats and knotheads we see on TV that it's not even the least bit shocking. Sad.
    same thing i was trying to say, but you said it better than I TJ!!

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    TJ an' TS....lemme ask you something - you look out in the front yard, and parked in your grass is a news truck w/a camera team shootin' a story...nice ruts in your yard....

How polite are YOU gonna be???

SpikeSpiegel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Texas
    I honestly think the reaction is hilarious. You can see him coming down the road and then all of a sudden pops out of no where. Reminds me of a close friend I know haha

AcidFlashGordon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I don't really give a damn what story they're reporting on. If they were asked to leave ONCE, that was enough. If it had been me, if they didn't leave when I FIRST told them to, the police would have been called and they would have been informed of that fact. I would be standing there informing them (loudly) of that fact and continued to inform them until the police arrived. Then I would have pressed charges of illegal trespass and had their video subpoenaed to verify the fact that I had, indeed, informed them of their trespass on private property. Sure it would, most likely, have not gone far in terms of legal action but I'd make damn sure they realized that they can't just wander their asses wherever they want to. Being part of the media doesn't give them the right to trespass and if someone doesn't like that, I've got something hairy and white they can kiss....

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    ....and once told you're trespassing, you move NOW. To ignore the landowner and continue what you're doing - that starts to rise to criminal trespass.....

Thats the way my local Sheriffs department see's it!
    That's some funny video right there. Stupid liberal new's people think they can go where that want to!
    Yall remember the Liberal crap that camped out at Bush's gate several years ago. Bush's neighbor started shootin Shotguns and they called the law on em. The Law told the liberal idiots, " Your in Texas, We do stuff like that down here"!!!

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    TJ an' TS....lemme ask you something - you look out in the front yard, and parked in your grass is a news truck w/a camera team shootin' a story...nice ruts in your yard....

BAD analogy TR. grass in someones front yard is grown and cut to be manicured for looks and perfection. and a plain ol grassy prairie OR GRASS NEXT TO A DIRT ROAD as the one in the video is NOT cut/manicured for looks. AND i would have asked them to leave with CIVILITY, and if they would not id call the sheriff!! NOT throw a fit like a child or resort to vilolence as some here seem to defend!! and for the last time, i never condoned that stupid news crew being on that mans property!! THEY WERE TRESPASSING if actually standing on his land!! Oh and i didnt see any RUTS did you?? but NO i wouldnt like them to leave ruts.....

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Skeeter, it doesn't happen often but I'm in agreement with ya! Marvin Hurst is one of the best reporters in SA, and is not known for the antics that many others in the media try to get away with when covering a story. I honestly believe he felt he wasn't doing anything wrong, and while TRN may speculate that there "words exchanged before all this" I doubt that. Hurst is not that kind of reporter, he is one of the few news reporters in this town that I respect. He is not about sensationalism nor is he the kind to ignore the law. I suspect the guy that walked up may have been pissed off about what was happening, but it didn't warrant his rudeness. I am sure there were other vehicles all over the property and that Hurst and his crew felt it was OK to be there. If they were trespassing, I doubt it was intentional and once they were informed that they were, they'd comply. I almost appears they were trying to depart but they were in the middle of a live broadcast which they can't just walk away from, but there was no need for the guy to be such an asshole about it!

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    We don't know what happened before the camera came on.
    Nice guy or not he F'ed up when he arrogantly ignored the PROPERTY OWNERS PROPERTY RIGHTS.

SpikeSpiegel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Texas
    my "GUESS" Maxy, it probably had a racial tone/hatred as to why ol WHITETRASH used NO civility and went straight to being physical!!

Not all whites hate blacks. That like saying all mexican's are illegals. The racial card is being used way to much these days. They were tresspassing and the guy said you are tresspassing a couple of times before getting on top in camera view. The news crew messed up simple as that, Sorry Marvin you may be a great guy but we all mess up sometimes

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    The only thing that matters is the man told them to get off his property.
    Doesnt matter who they were, they were trespassing.
    Doesnt matter if the man was a racist asshole either. If he doesnt was a news media on his property, then they need to get lost.
    Doesnt matter how good of a reporter the news guy is either, if he's not welcome to be on private property, then he need's to respect the man's wishes.
    The only thing that matters is what the Property Owner Wants.
    BTW, I didnt notice the man dressed in a white sheet or pooring gasoline on a cross. All I saw was him making the news crew leave. I didnt even hear him call anybody names.
    So what all the Racist BS about?

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    The only thing that matters is the man told them to get off his property.
    Doesnt matter who they were, they were trespassing.
    If he doesnt was a news media on his property, then they need to get lost.
    Doesnt matter how good of a reporter the news guy is either, if he's not welcome to be on private property, then he need's to respect the man's wishes.
    The only thing that matters is what the Property Owner Wants.
    agreed 100%
    All I saw was him "making" the news crew leave.
    and he has the rite to PHYSICALLY do so? can he "Legally" do so?? or is it the job of the local authorities??
    So what all the Racist BS about?
    Oh just stir-in up the pot!!

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas

I'd be polite. Firm, yes, but polite. What was to be gained by yelling an obscenity over the air?

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    The guy was an asshole and had no right to attack them. He was also an idiot for doing so while being filmed. He notified the crew that they were on private property and needed to leave, and they started to do so. If he wasn't happy with the speed in which they were leaving he should've called the cops, not assault them. They were no threat to him, and obviously didn't realize they were trespassing.

Hell, some of you probably think he had the right to shoot the news crew!

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    setter1
    Top Bottom