• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LOCKHART

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2014
    Lockhart, Texas
    You ever been one on one with a police officer after a traffic stop, late at night? The cop has an attitude because maybe he just had a fight with his wife before going on duty? I don't think you would be talking ANY of the glib, smart-ass talk I've seen repeated here. HE is in control of the situation, not you! If he says up is down, black is white, you are not gonna say jack-shit unless you like getting the hell beat out of you, or being taken to jail. No, I don't think YOU have ever been in that place.

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    At a cafeteria type restaurant. There are 5 or 6 people ahead of you and a bunch in line behind. The person in line behind you is a uniformed police officer. You are carrying your pistol on a belt holster at 5 o'clock and it's covered by an extra long shirt worn untucked. You notice the officer is looking sternly at you and asks "Are carrying a gun?". What is the proper response to his question?
    The proper response is "Yes Sir I am and I am licensed." My personal experience in the San Antonio area is that they don't care. Might be because I smile at them and ask "How ya do'in."

I should add that I carry at 3 or 4 o'clock with my shirt tail out and it's obvious there is something there. The average person is oblivious and the police don't care. I'm frequently in places that police frequent but I don't get involved in confrontations and I don't give them the evil eye so there is no reason for the police to be interested in me.

Last edited:

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    First of all, I don't assume a cop is harassing me until the situation shows it no matter how stern he/she looks. So my response would be more like "Yes sir/maam, is there a problem?"

Keyston512

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2016
    Austin
    I would pull out my cell phone, start recording (in portrait orientation of course), and yell "I'm an American I know my rights!!! Police brutality!!!"

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk
    That or use the I'm a sovereign citizen line. It's the best way to get out any situation with law enforcement b/c they always need reminded that I've already decided on which laws don't apply to me.

Jack Ryan

Mr. Medium
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2016
    Eseldorf
    At a cafeteria type restaurant. There are 5 or 6 people ahead of you and a bunch in line behind. The person in line behind you is a uniformed police officer. You are carrying your pistol on a belt holster at 5 o'clock and it's covered by an extra long shirt worn untucked. You notice the officer is looking sternly at you and asks "Are carrying a gun?". What is the proper response to his question?
    I don't know if it was the proper response or not but mine was "yeah, aren't you?".

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    You ever been one on one with a police officer after a traffic stop, late at night? The cop has an attitude because maybe he just had a fight with his wife before going on duty? I don't think you would be talking ANY of the glib, smart-ass talk I've seen repeated here. HE is in control of the situation, not you! If he says up is down, black is white, you are not gonna say jack-shit unless you like getting the hell beat out of you, or being taken to jail. No, I don't think YOU have ever been in that place.

I HAVE been in that situation several times, and I've gotten to the point where I really don't have the mindset to let them affect my sense of humor. He can be in control of the situation all he wants - I'm still going to joke around. Been there, done that, and I will do it again.

oohrah

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2013
    Heart O' Texas
    If he asked, I respond politely with the truth. I'm assuming at that point he would have "reasonable suspicion", and although I don't agree with the premise, he would be permitted to check if I have an LTC.

Top Bottom