• ...and so much more!
  • Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    I have no problem with Ian at all, I think his videos are pretty neat. I'm sure I know how you know about his followers lol. I come across them in several Facebook gun pages.
    I can only imagine. You know what my favorite is? New shooters or internet warriors who keep the akm vs ar topic alive.
    Lynx Defense

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    The ones that particularly torque me off are the ones where the reviewer is either flipping the gun around so rapidly you can’t see any details on it or his ugly face is front and center.
    Show the gun dumbass. And not from 15ft away.
    How hard is it?
    I can’t stand revolver miss handling.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I can usually tell the amatuers pretty quick and switch to the next video. There are a lot of good reviewers and they are usually the ones manufacturers will send them products to review. I have yet to buy anything based on one review.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Don't watch many gun review or gun how to videos........but do watch quite a few on milling and lathe work.......there are some well done videos but you got to weed through a lot of chaff to find them...

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    I like Forgotten Weapons but Ian's fans are as insufferable as Rick and Morty fans.
    Don't you blaspheme the disciples of Gun Jesus.....or they'll come after you with their Chauchats and knee mortars!
    Now you're describing Sootch aka Mr. I've never reviewed a gun I didn't like.
    Why would he (or anyone else) do a video on a gun e hates?

There are few gun channels I watch....and fewer I take seriously. Here's my serious list.....

Paul Harrell
    IV8888
    Gunblast
    Sootch00
    MrGunsnGear
    Forgotten Weapons
    Justin Opinion
    Military Arms Channel

.....and honorable mention to Colion Noir. I don't care as much for the guns he reviews as much as his style of presentation.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I can usually tell the amatuers pretty quick and switch to the next video. There are a lot of good reviewers and they are usually the ones manufacturers will send them products to review. I have yet to buy anything based on one review.

Problem then is that the reviewer learns quickly that a bad review means no more free guns to try out from that manufacturer.

They become about as honest as the reviews in the gun magazines. Just sponsored advertisements and every gun’s a winner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    orbitup,

I don't understand your post.

Nothing negative can be said (according to your way of thinking) even when a terrible gun review/instructional video is done and it's pointed out for being the crap video it is, makes one a social justice commie, I mean warrior?

Example: When Tex Grebner shot himself, we should not criticize (or laugh at idiocy) because our criticism will mount and mount and get our guns confiscated?

We should never criticize anything gun related?

I don't agree with that perspective.

BTW, Tex's video was unintentionally very instructional..how poor gun handling can possibly get one shot or severely (in his case) wounded..

Weak, sanctimonious censorship I laugh at..

Last edited:

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    orbitup,

Nothing negative can be said (according to your way of thinking) even a terrible gun review/instructional video is done and it's pointed out for being the crap video it is, makes one a social justice commie, I mean warrior?

Example: When Tex Grebner shot himself, we should not criticize (or laugh at idiocy) because our criticism will mount and mount and get our guns confiscated?

BTW, Tex's video was unintentionally very instructional..how poor gun handling can get possibly one shot or severely (in his case) wounded..

That much is true.

He's referring to YouTube censoring or deleting gun videos.
    It has happened.
    It is happening.
    It will get worse.

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    orbitup,

Nothing negative can be said (according to your way of thinking) even when a terrible gun review/instructional video is done and it's pointed out for being the crap video it is, makes one a social justice commie, I mean warrior?

BTW, Tex's video was unintentionally very instructional..how poor gun handling can possibly get one shot or severely (in his case) wounded..

I agree with the OP. I never said otherwise. Just saying that there is a light at the end of the tunnel, and that light is attached to a freight train.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    orbitup,

Funny, witty deflection. Good stuff. I appreciate your droll sense of humor.

Still, I don't understand your point and I'm beginning to think you don't either.

I'm not being hostile.

So YT is censoring. Honestly, so what? I don't depend on them for ..anything. If they went belly up right now, I wouldn't give a rat's patooty..

Enough of their censoring & people will switch off and they will go belly up..or not. I just don't care as I mentioned, they're not a driving force in my life. Never have been.

No one forces me to watch or not watch their videos.

So, if I do happen to watch one of their gun videos and find it wanting, I'll say so, if I so choose. I don't consider them influential. If you or anyone else does, ok, but I'm not in that group..

If people are told to "hush" or bad things will happen (if in fact that's your message) I don't acquiesce willing when 'told' others know what's best and I must be very circumspect or I'll somehow bring down wrath upon myself and a whole host of innocents.

I don't buy it.

If I'm off, correct me or not..up to you.

Top Bottom