• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RACER X

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2013
    Richmond/Houston
    Already bought her the civic of guns, 9mm shield, had apex trigger kit and XS big dot sights installed, she likes my 1911

We have a small boy, we prefer a weapon w a safety.

What's a man to do?

sent from my cell phone, far far away

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    I wouldn't recommend anything to anybody! I would tell them what works best for me. Nothing wrong with Glocks and nothing wrong with a 1911, depends on the person thinks after they have tried them. Regardless of others "educated" opinion. :rolleyes:

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    We have a small boy, we prefer a weapon w a safety.

I honestly don't mean any offense by this but, that is not a legitimate reason for wanting a particular gun. "Just because", "I like them", etc. are all fine reasons for a recreational gun, but from a safety standpoint, the presence of an external or internal safety feature on a gun is not sufficient to protect children from them.

If you have to deal with child safety, you need some sort of safe. Easiest and most cost effective option is a Gunvault or similar brand compact and relatively quick access (to you) safe. They're $30-100+. Realistically, no child is getting in to one of those. Problem solved.If that is the main deciding factor behind this, I would say that it sounds like she already has an excellent carry gun with the Shield. Heck, I would love a Shield 9mm with an Apex trigger for a carry gun. ;) Really effective and efficiently-sized gun for what it is.

This is why I continually feel the need to voice my "educated" opinion. It's all about priorities. No offense but, people have some fairly interesting priorities that don't always take the gravity of these choices into account. It's just my personal opinion but, in choosing a tool that may potentially be the deciding factor between life and death, priorities (speaking generally, not anything mentioned here) like "because it's cool", "I like the way it looks", etc. are kind of ridiculous. Nothing wrong with that for a recreational gun, but for a hard use gun, I would personally damn well want to have the right tool for the job that allows me to be as effective as possible. Looks, mystique, brand/model enamor, etc. don't mean a thing if it's a gun that won't function, that you can't operate, or that is exceedingly difficult for you (again speaking generally about us ALL) to shoot with.

RACER X

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2013
    Richmond/Houston
    Have big box safe and bedside safe.

Things happen and kids are crafty Lil fuggers, lol

So enough preaching about safety s

sent from my cell phone, far far away

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    We all have one.

soap-box-01.jpg

Kinny

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2013
    Houston
    I wouldn't recommend anything to anybody! I would tell them what works best for me. Nothing wrong with Glocks and nothing wrong with a 1911, depends on the person thinks after they have tried them. Regardless of others "educated" opinion. :rolleyes:

Whatever she chooses, make sure she trains with it. Then train some more. Then train some more. I bought my wife a SA Pro and what does she want instead of that? A Glock 17. LOL. Go figure.

CarolRN

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2013
    Dallas
    Gal POV: I LOVE that you are shopping for her, it is the sweetest thing a man can do... Having said that, if she doesn't have time to shop, she won't have time to train enough to be comfortable with the 1911. I just bought my first 1911 (have shot them from dad and the Navy) and it definitely requires training time. For carry, I purchased a revolver, having been in a high adrenaline encounter I recognized that I needed something super easy and intuitive. Now, to be REALLY sweet, take her to shoot a lot of guns (I shot 25 different guns) Then poo poo her choices, go back and buy it. You know, kind of how you buy her shoes, right?

pistolpadre

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    I wish I had a gun for every pair of shoes tbh has.

THATS WHY YOU"RE MY PARD !! .. V has enough of them shoes..

Want you to take some away Lee.. i'm serious brother.. just pack em up (try to grab "sets") in a plastic bag and take them down to the local good will.. i'm going to do the same up here..

you go first

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    THATS WHY YOU"RE MY PARD !! .. V has enough of them shoes..

Want you to take some away Lee.. i'm serious brother.. just pack em up (try to grab "sets") in a plastic bag and take them down to the local good will.. i'm going to do the same up here..

you go first

Ok. That went well. Your turn.

lol

CarolRN

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2013
    Dallas
    I love the 5 inch because of accuracy and weight (no kick) I'd love a 3" but don't want to give up on the accuracy (I can accept some kick)

Top Bottom