• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • acorneau

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 5, 2014
    Houston
    Another sign the 22LR shortage is breaking loose...

I missed my usual 8am stop at Academy (290 @ 34th) because I needed to catch up on some missed sleep. Decided to stop by anyway on my way into work, around 9am.

To my surprise they had ~10 of the Remington Golden 525 count boxes and probably 50+ boxes of Aguila (red/yellow box?). They said no one was lined up this morning either. I bet if you went by there at lunchtime there would still be some available.

To those of you still looking for 22LR: hang in there, it is showing up more regularly and will eventually get to you!
    :banana:
    Target Sports

kabob

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Dallas
    Things are the same way up here in the Dallas area. The only difference is the Academys don't stock bulk but maybe once or twice a month so it's frustrating when most days you can only grab two tiny boxes of .22 per trip.

cajunautoxer

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 8, 2008
    Houston
    I was at Academy yesterday around 10:00 am and they just started unboxing the .22 ammo. It was funny watching the people\word spread around the area they has ammo. I hope they did that on purpose to keep the resellers away

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    I would love to see them start randomly putting it on the shelves, just to upset the neck beards. :)

I wonder if the Academy at 290/1960 has any? Hmmmm.. Going right past there today too.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Bless them.

Every time I go, they either have anemic Colibris or those high dollar Federal loads for $19.97 for a box of 50.

Did you know that Academy's revenue stream is better than Cabela's and Bass Pro Shops?

dbgun

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    Bless them.

Every time I go, they either have anemic Colibris or those high dollar Federal loads for $19.97 for a box of 50.

Did you know that Academy's revenue stream is better than Cabela's and Bass Pro Shops?

Same here. At least the Academy's in Pasadena & I45-S & Edgebrook.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Another sign the 22LR shortage is breaking loose...

I missed my usual 8am stop at Academy (290 @ 34th) because I needed to catch up on some missed sleep. Decided to stop by anyway on my way into work, around 9am.

To my surprise they had ~10 of the Remington Golden 525 count boxes and probably 50+ boxes of Aguila (red/yellow box?). They said no one was lined up this morning either. I bet if you went by there at lunchtime there would still be some available.

To those of you still looking for 22LR: hang in there, it is showing up more regularly and will eventually get to you!
    :banana:

What were the 525 count boxes running?

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Bless them.

Take it easy on my Colibris now... I love those things. I have a Henry lever action setup I shoot them from. Roughly 20 yds to the big oak in my backyard.

Interesting on the revenue thing. I would have guessed Cabelas did twice the business of both the others.

kabob

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Dallas
    Maybe per store but there's only a handful of Cabela's stores in Texas compared to dozens of Academys. Then, too, Academy does way more business in sports equipment and attire than they do with their hunting and fishing dpt.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    At Academy in Baytown today, they had 3 very large stacks (maybe 200 boxes) of .22LR. The price was $4.50/box.

I was notified the the Baytown store will begin stocking reloading equipment and supplies. When?....No one knows.

They have a good supply of black powder substitute powder and a lot of Pyrodex in stock.

Flash

acorneau

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 5, 2014
    Houston
    Stopped in the Academy on 290 @ 34th yesterday after work and then again this morning. Going from memory they have:

Aguila Rifle Match (30+ boxes)
    Aguila Super Extra high velocity (30+ boxes)
    Winchester (no powder/primer only?) (~10 boxes)
    Federal Auto Match bulk (10-15 boxes)
    CCI Standard Velocity (~10 boxes)

This particular Academy puts out their ammo shipments Wednesday and Friday mornings. Most of it was on the counter Thursday when I stopped in after work with the Federal showing up this morning. They also had some Mini-Mags last night but they were gone this morning.

Between this report, the Sugar Land Gander report, and many other internet reports, it seems the 22LR ammo is really starting to stock back up.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    Hopefully that will mean Winchester will be back on the shelves soon too.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Picked up a pair (herself one and me one) of 300 round CCI AR Tactical boxes at the Academy on I-45 south in Webster. $25.97 total each out the door. That works out to $4.32 for a 50 count box, which is still way high. They had a number of different 50 round boxes also.

I picked up two boxes of the 50 round Federal for 2.49 at the Academy at Westheimer and Voss

Be careful cryption, some of those Federal boxes are only 40 rounds. They look like 50 count size but are not.........................learned that myself the hard way.

Top Bottom