• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Was at two different Cabelas today. They had these awesome Sauer 100 Atacama rifles there. Must have been 8-10 of them between the two stores, all chambered in 6.5cm. What the heck? Wheres the 308?

Jesus is never going to come back if yall dont stop using the devils caliber. I know its rainbow month but cut it out

J/K

I liked that rifle so dang much I almost became creedmor-curious today. Luckily God saw fit to make me take the walk on home empty-handed but still in his light as a 30 caliber man.

But on a more serious note there is a noticeable surplus of 6.5cm rifles at the bass pros, cabelas and at scheels in DFW. Is this just corporate America pushing the caliber or has it really become / stayed this popular? The 6.5 PRC looks pretty cool but I dont think Id ever have a use for a 6.5cm
    Target Sports

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Seen the title and your user name and thought oh boy here we go.

it’s because of you my next bolt gun will more than likely be a 308 or another 30-06. I hope you’re happy. Nothing more American than those two anyway.
    I havent seen a single round of 6.5cm since the chyna virus came here. I have seen 308, 30-06 and 300wm often though. Nothing worse than getting a new gun and not being able to procure ammo for it

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    Convert to the darkside of 6.5 ... you know you want to :laughing:

With the abundance of Academy's in the DFW area... you should be able to find some 6.5 ammo. Last time i went to Academy in Tyler, all they had was Creedmoor & Grendel on the shelf.... so i helped my self to what they had. Wish the wife would have been with me. I would have sold them out.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    In terms of external ballistitics, the 6.5mm caliber bullets are superior to the 30 caliber and even my beloved 7mm caliber rifles. I have had the opportunity to shoot several different 6.5mm calibered rifles over the years, and as much as I want one, and I will add one to the collection one day, I'll always retain a fondness for my 30 caliber and 7mm caliber rifles.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    at 100 dialing in my 30-06. Two, two shot groups being chased to my final three shot group. I’m fine with a good 30 cal. Most cartridges do what’s needed of them up to 500 yards.
    FA4A28C5-638D-4A32-BD52-4462A072972B.jpeg

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Convert to the darkside of 6.5 ... you know you want to :laughing:

With the abundance of Academy's in the DFW area... you should be able to find some 6.5 ammo. Last time i went to Academy in Tyler, all they had was Creedmoor & Grendel on the shelf.... so i helped my self to what they had. Wish the wife would have been with me. I would have sold them out.
    :laughing: Not today Satan

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    at 100 dialing in my 30-06. Two, two shot groups being chased to my final three shot group. I’m fine with a good 30 cal. Most cartridges do what’s needed of them up to 500 yards.
    View attachment 260129
    Yep I am no super tactiqueer operator who needs to shoot desert people at 70000000 yards or whatever. My 308 has obliterated any animal I have ever hunted including an elk that made it 10 feet and dropped dead. Dont get me wrong the 6.5 diameter bullet is awesome for shooting long distance but I dont have any use for it that isnt done already by 30 cal.

Top Bottom