• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    buget issue only have $ for one never shot a 45 70 before I buy I'd like to find out if my shoulder will handle it.

If both my nieces can handle shooting one, you should be able to. 45-70 is not that harsh a recoiling a round as many would think.

Now if you handload, and use some of the much heavier bullets, then recoil can get a little more interesting.

Txhillbilly

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    North Texas
    I love reading all the 6.5 CM rant threads. It just shows how stupid and childish some people are about a rifle cartridge.
    There is no one size fits all - does all cartridge. If there was, life would be really boring!

Most people buy guns in the cartridge that they grew up shooting or are persuaded by family / friends. Other's will buy or build guns that intrigue them because they are new or different.
    It's true that there are several 6.5mm / .264 caliber cartridges that will beat the performance of a 6.5 Creedmoor. The problem is those cartridges were invented well before we had the technology and gun powders of today, or you have companies like Remington that screw the pooch when it comes to designing / marketing new cartridges like the 6.5 Remington Magnum, 260 Remington, 7mm Express (280 Remington), and several others.
    The 6.5x55 Swede suffered from gun's not being able to handle higher pressure's at the time. Today, Most factory ammo is still loaded at lighter pressures because all of the older receiver guns that are still in use.
    The 264 Winchester Magnum didn't have the powder choices of today, and was labeled as a "Barrel Burner", which sealed it's fate back in the day.
    The 6.5-06 was never made into a commercial cartridge, and has always had a wildcat status. But, I sure love the one I built several years ago.

I'm a big fan of 6.5mm gun's. I've built two custom 6.5 Creedmoor's, a custom 6.5-06, a DPMS LR-260, a 6.5x6.8 wildcat AR15, and had a 260 AI that I built and sold.
    The case design of the 6.5 Creedmoor also impressed me enough that I also built a custom 22 Creedmoor off the performance that I've gotten out of my 6.5's over the last 12+ years of shooting them.

I'm also a fan of the 308 Winchester and 30-06 Springfield, and enjoy shooting the ones I have, but my 7mm-08 will out perform the 308 any day of the week, and my 6.5-06 will kill anything short of Brown bears just as well as the 30-06, and has 1/3rd the recoil.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    6381EDCC-6DA4-4F48-9B47-F3EB813EC069.jpeg

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    I love reading all the 6.5 CM rant threads. It just shows how stupid and childish some people are about a rifle cartridge.
    There is no one size fits all - does all cartridge. If there was, life would be really boring!
    Hey calm down man. No one is judging you if you want to wear assless chaps to the range while you shoot your creedmor

dee

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Red River Way
    I'm a big fan of 6.5mm gun's. I've built two custom 6.5 Creedmoor's, a custom 6.5-06, a DPMS LR-260, a 6.5x6.8 wildcat AR15, and had a 260 AI that I built and sold.
    The case design of the 6.5 Creedmoor also impressed me enough that I also built a custom 22 Creedmoor off the performance that I've gotten out of my 6.5's over the last 12+ years of shooting them.
    l.

Necking down the 6.5 creed to 6mm and 22 are the best use of the case.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
    Top Bottom