• TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    Why didn't you take pictures of him?

WTF is going on here? So this dude is awfully brazen with the talk and now stealing your shit. We need pics of the perp, his vehicle with tags, you kicking his ass so get a tripod and set the camera to timed photos.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Actually, I do prefer it over Astro. Parking is right there at the range. And you don't have to go back to the range house and lug all your stuff with you when you want to change from pistol to rifle range. Also, the baffles are so low on the Astro rifle range that it makes shooting difficult, especially with a scope. And, I didn't see a 25 yard zero target. Just 50 and 100.

And the pistol range. Maybe they have another secret range they didn't tell me about, but when I was there last March, the shooting bench was at the 7 yard line. And that was that.

The new owner at Lonestar seems like a pretty friendly guy. Easy to talk to, unlike the previous owner. He has remodeled the office and it no longer looks like a hovel nor reeks of cats, lol. His plans include expanding the number of pistol range lanes and installing motorized outdoor targets. And totally rebuilding the rifle range to include 25, 50, 100, 150 yard targets.

He raised the fee to $15 for all day, any number of weapons, but has a LEO/Military discount, so it was $13.75 for me as retired military. Closed Mondays.

The owner is also the RSO. Not the drill sergeant type. Just common sense, helping guys on the range and making sure they follow the safety rules.

Speaking of rules, there really aren't that many. You can shoot steel cased ammo or M855, no problem. I always try to go during the week, so there is relatively few others. Didn't see any signs against draw from the holster. Probably OK if you are by yourself.
    Thanks for the info.

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    Actually, I do prefer it over Astro. Parking is right there at the range. And you don't have to go back to the range house and lug all your stuff with you when you want to change from pistol to rifle range. Also, the baffles are so low on the Astro rifle range that it makes shooting difficult, especially with a scope. And, I didn't see a 25 yard zero target. Just 50 and 100.

And the pistol range. Maybe they have another secret range they didn't tell me about, but when I was there last March, the shooting bench was at the 7 yard line. And that was that.

The new owner at Lonestar seems like a pretty friendly guy. Easy to talk to, unlike the previous owner. He has remodeled the office and it no longer looks like a hovel nor reeks of cats, lol. His plans include expanding the number of pistol range lanes and installing motorized outdoor targets. And totally rebuilding the rifle range to include 25, 50, 100, 150 yard targets.

He raised the fee to $15 for all day, any number of weapons, but has a LEO/Military discount, so it was $13.75 for me as retired military. Closed Mondays.

The owner is also the RSO. Not the drill sergeant type. Just common sense, helping guys on the range and making sure they follow the safety rules.

Speaking of rules, there really aren't that many. You can shoot steel cased ammo or M855, no problem. I always try to go during the week, so there is relatively few others. Didn't see any signs against draw from the holster. Probably OK if you are by yourself.
    is it the lonestar on Lockhart

LOCKHART

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2014
    Lockhart, Texas
    I shot next to a guy like that, at my second CHL session, with Ross Bransford. There
    was a guy there, shooting a jam-o-matic Detonics, and he had holes in that target from
    top to bottom, that is when that piece of crap gun he had would actually shoot two rounds
    without jamming! Ross got so tired of him holding up things, he made the guy use his
    9mm. Bag thing was, the guy actually PASSED the shooting course. ;) I was thinking to
    myself, I hope im never around if THIS guy gets into a situation, no telling WHO he would
    end up shooting!

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    definite Tactical Gecko Stalker.....TGS

IMG_0007_zpse3ee0681.gif

Top Bottom