• Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    It ain't bad, even considered it for a while, but ranchers where I hunt prairie dogs no longer want their coyotes disturbed and I ain't using it for deer so 22/250 fills my needs just fine.
    Honestly, it really doesn’t have a place these day. I mean, it’s flat shooting and does a number on small and medium critters. But it seems like you can do the same with something else for less recoil and noise these days.

Killed my first hog with dads Smith and Wesson 25-06 when I was 13 at around 400 yards. I’ll never forget because he was in the cab of the truck with a relative who now owns the ranch we were on. I was in the back with some cousins. Truck stopped and my cousin slapped my on the back and said “you gonna shoot it”. Dad was in the front with the relative (another cousin but much older than me) discussing how to get closer so someone could shoot it. I dropped that fucker in his tracks. Dad bragged about that shot for years. For that reason, that 25-06 will never leave the family. I may not have been able to hold a flashlight worth a damn, but he was proud that day!
    Lynx Defense

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    It ain't bad, even considered it for a while, but ranchers where I hunt prairie dogs no longer want their coyotes disturbed and I ain't using it for deer so 22/250 fills my needs just fine.

@Vaquero - he said "prarie dogs" huh, huh, huh.

1710198389996.gif

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    If it was commie shooters the gates would be made of stamped steel with rough ass, poorly machines hinges.

When the hell did you come back??

I personally have a vendetta against Springfield Armory. I’ve owned two of their 1911’s and an SA35 and they have all had to go back to the factory, in all cases multiple times.

First Imbel made Springfield GI 1911 I bought used wouldn’t function for shit. Springfield took it in and had it back to me within 3 days, and reamed the chamber. Still couldn’t function for shit

Second Springfield 1911 was a 2014~ made Loaded model, when they first started manufacturing 1911’s in the USA rather than importing from Imbel. It couldn’t run 100 rounds without a few malfunctions, and after about 360 rounds in one session the trigger seized on me. Something was fucked up in the ignition parts.

They fixed the firing control issues but when it came back it was still having issues running reliably. I sent it back to them and then sold it without test firing again to verify that they fixed it, but knowing them, they probably didn’t

Third gun was my SA35. It was the 6,620th SA35 they’d produced, and they should have fixed the issues they were having from day 1 of its release by then, right? Nope. It had every issue that Garand Thumb had with his pre-release SA35 that he released a video on the first day the gun was available for sale. It had the same crooked hammer, and started to have multiple FTE’s per mag after I put 600 rounds through the gun.
    I hear that they fixed the SA35 by the 15,000 serial range, but I have my doubts, knowing Springfield. I’ve still heard of others online having issues with recent production ones.

Then soon after they fucked up the release of the prodigy 2011 they made. They don’t learn from their mistakes. I’ll never buy another Springfield Armory gun again, unless it’s the Professional 1911 made by Springfield Armory Custom Shop.

I’d be stupid to give their production line guns a 4th chance at this point.

Last edited:

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    ....They don’t learn from their mistakes. I’ll never buy another Springfield Armory gun again, unless it’s the Professional 1911 made by Springfield Armory Custom Shop.

I’d be stupid to give their production line guns a 4th chance at this point.
    I have over a dozen guns from Springfield Armory. The Professional is the only one that has required a repair.

Top Bottom