• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    I bash every everything but Colts..........

I don't get butthurt when someone else does though..............

and.......................one of our members who recently returned from hiatus is in awesome trolling form.....I commend your efforts............
    He's just knocking off the rust.
    Give it a little time.
    Hurley's Gold

CavCop

CAVCOP on Rumble
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2016
    Central TX
    To be the worst, I would assume they would not have been making weapons for hundreds of years, let alone 25 years.

I give my vote to the defunct Temple Texas based Hudson Manufacturing.

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    When the hell did you come back??

I personally have a vendetta against Springfield Armory. I’ve owned two of their 1911’s and an SA35 and they have all had to go back to the factory, in all cases multiple times.

First Imbel made Springfield GI 1911 I bought used wouldn’t function for shit. Springfield took it in and had it back to me within 3 days, and reamed the chamber. Still couldn’t function for shit

Second Springfield 1911 was a 2014~ made Loaded model, when they first started manufacturing 1911’s in the USA rather than importing from Imbel. It couldn’t run 100 rounds without a few malfunctions, and after about 360 rounds in one session the trigger seized on me. Something was fucked up in the ignition parts.

They fixed the firing control issues but when it came back it was still having issues running reliably. I sent it back to them and then sold it without test firing again to verify that they fixed it, but knowing them, they probably didn’t

Third gun was my SA35. It was the 6,620th SA35 they’d produced, and they should have fixed the issues they were having from day 1 of its release by then, right? Nope. It had every issue that Garand Thumb had with his pre-release SA35 that he released a video on the first day the gun was available for sale. It had the same crooked hammer, and started to have multiple FTE’s per mag after I put 600 rounds through the gun.
    I hear that they fixed the SA35 by the 15,000 serial range, but I have my doubts, knowing Springfield. I’ve still heard of others online having issues with recent production ones.

Then soon after they fucked up the release of the prodigy 2011 they made. They don’t learn from their mistakes. I’ll never buy another Springfield Armory gun again, unless it’s the Professional 1911 made by Springfield Armory Custom Shop.

I’d be stupid to give their production line guns a 4th chance at this point.
    Based on your post, I kinda wonder why you bought #2, let alone #3.

Guess you’re the forgiving type.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    thats only more recently correct? after they grew more and bought out some others.
    Mine is total garbage. Only shoot 1.25moa with the one brand of off the shelf ammo I’ve tried . Fucking junk.

And the whole thing about “free butt plug with 6.5CM purchase”…it’s garbage too. The fucking thing jammed on the second shot and now I’ve spent 3 days with a “round stuck in the chamber”.

Fullautoarmalite

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2018
    Harris County
    Picked up a Marlin 336 last year, 30-30 and the front sights had to be at least 3 mm off to the left, it had that dot matrix and a weird coating some type of cerakote like finish, Picked up a 3x9 scope and a see-through Mount and I could not even see the front sights through it it was off so bad.

Attachments

• Resized_20221123_201307_1710509409692.jpeg
      Resized_20221123_201307_1710509409692.jpeg
      172.9 KB · Views: 21
    • Resized_20221123_201106_1710509754465.jpeg
      Resized_20221123_201106_1710509754465.jpeg
      233 KB · Views: 21

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Picked up a Marlin 336 last year, 30-30 and the front sights had to be at least 3 mm off to the left, it had that dot matrix and a weird coating some type of cerakote like finish, Picked up a 3x9 scope and a see-through Mount and I could not even see the front sights through it it was off so bad.
    To be fair, see through mounts are terrible. You are better off getting a single piece base and solid rings.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Based on your post, I kinda wonder why you bought #2, let alone #3.

Guess you’re the forgiving type.

I’ve learned my lesson by now. The reason I gave them a chance for #2 was I kept hearing only good things about SA at the time and it seemed like I just got unlucky.

#3 was the SA35 and I was just excited about a new hi power and hoped they’d fixed it by a year after its release. Nope.

Can’t fool me a fourth time though lol.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Mine is total garbage. Only shoot 1.25moa with the one brand of off the shelf ammo I’ve tried . Fucking junk.

And the whole thing about “free butt plug with 6.5CM purchase”…it’s garbage too. The fucking thing jammed on the second shot and now I’ve spent 3 days with a “round stuck in the chamber”.

I was hoping their retro line of H&R rifles were good to go, I think they’re associated with NoDak Spud now too?

If anything I’d stick to their retro stripped uppers and lowers if they’re really that bad.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I was hoping their retro line of H&R rifles were good to go, I think they’re associated with NoDak Spud now too?

If anything I’d stick to their retro stripped uppers and lowers if they’re really that bad.
    I’d say they’re pretty bad. There’s a ridge around the underside of the plug which causes major FTE issues. Pretty much took a slide hammer to get it out.

The lower assembly really isn’t an issue. It’s the upper assembly that hangs up. Tried using more lubricant but it didn’t help.

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Naples TX.
    I’d say they’re pretty bad. There’s a ridge around the underside of the plug which causes major FTE issues. Pretty much took a slide hammer to get it out.

The lower assembly really isn’t an issue. It’s the upper assembly that hangs up. Tried using more lubricant but it didn’t help.
    1710543785647.png

That's just Nasty

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    1. I'd be interested to see how one of the FN barrels PSA has used would've fared in the GT test.

2. We're talking about a sub $300 upper with bolt/ch included. Some of ya'll Richie Rich's need to unwind your panties. It's NOT "just as good" and we all know that. The takeaway is that it's "good enough" for many, poors or not.

3. Remington has been in decline for a LLOOOOONNNGGG time. Last modern firearm I bought from them was a 870 Super Mag circa 2000. I had to bend the ejector to make it work but it has been flawless since. Almost every other Remmie I own is 40+ years old.

4. I inherited a circa 2010ish Remington 700 VLS. That sob shoots lights out.
    Watching that video was interesting but $150 for a barrel and $100 for a BCG and it would be as good as new or better.

Really, there needs to be a side by side. I don't think a BCM or DD would have done much if any better with the enhanced firing schedule especially with a can.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Busy rookies
    Top Bottom