Lynx Defense

anyone hear about these strange wal mart closings?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Walmart closed 5 big stores in good sized towns all on Monday with no warning. The employees were told about 4 hours beforehand.
    Midland and Livingston were two of them with others in OK and CA

The corp office said it was "plumbing problems" but none of the employees were aware of any problems and no work permits have been pulled to fix said problems and no work is currently being done. The stores had full shelves when they closed also suggesting the closings were not planned.

Weird Nationwide Walmart Closures Spark Conspiracy Theories - Freedom's Floodgates

Weird Nationwide Walmart Closures Spark Conspiracy Theories | Conspiracy Theories

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    why did the stores that closed keep getting shipments of perishable food items right up to the day they closed?
    Why didn't they let the inventory run low first?

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    Midland had two anyway. One on the north side. Decent store. And the south side. CHITTY CHITTY store.

tx5811

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2015
    Hmm I'm sure the midland location was getting pretty good business. Maybe they received some ebola meat lol

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    wow, none of us were alerted by Wal Mart owners; therefore, it must be a conspiracy. the truth could not be told to us.

Thank God I got my tin foil before those stores closed.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    So you belive they all closed because of plumbing issues ?

What sort of investigator are you again ?

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    In south Texas, I hear of the Wal-Mart in Falfurrias closing soon. It's a small country store.
    Smallest Walmart in the country is in a little town in southern Colorado. It has 3 checkout lanes. The town refused to let them build any bigger since they'd probably put several local businesses out of business.

Shopping there is a pretty strange experience but, despite the small size, it seems profitable and has stayed in its location for a number of years.

My point? I don't think "small" necessarily means "unsustainably unprofitable" when it comes to Walmarts.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Seems Walmart is branching out with the small store theme. There is one in Italy (TX) that is no bigger than a Family Dollar, supposed to be one popping up here in town before long.

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    wow, none of us were alerted by Wal Mart owners; therefore, it must be a conspiracy. the truth could not be told to us.

Thank God I got my tin foil before those stores closed.

You don't have to jump right to extremes but it's obvious we are not getting the full story here from Wal-Mart. None of how they have gone about this is indicative of quick efficient repair of problems which publicly traded companies like wal-mart are almost required by law to do (or at least investors can sue them). No permits pulled, no contractors present and inventory left in the stores with no employees (at least not local) to clean it up. Also lets not forget that any business would go to extraordinary measures to try and make repairs without closing nevertheless completely shutting down for half a year or more.

Chupacabra Hunter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Corpus Christi TX
    Smallest Walmart in the country is in a little town in southern Colorado. It has 3 checkout lanes. The town refused to let them build any bigger since they'd probably put several local businesses out of business.

Shopping there is a pretty strange experience but, despite the small size, it seems profitable and has stayed in its location for a number of years.

My point? I don't think "small" necessarily means "unsustainably unprofitable" when it comes to Walmarts.

I didn't mean to imply that the store closed because of its small size. Less overhead means more profits. Wal-Mart doesn't care about the communities it serves...usually.

Top Bottom