Venture Surplus ad

anyone hear about these strange wal mart closings?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jparks54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Fruitvale
    Dont you know they are closeing for 6 months to become FEMA centers during the jade helm operations. Ok let me take my tin foil hat off. My grandmother has gone along with every conspiracy theory sence obama has been in office and now trying to shove this and the jade helm stuff down my throat its driving me crazy.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    Never heard of "Walmart Express" before. The info in my previous post was over 2 years old. I should have noted that because, obviously, things are changing.

I work in retail. We watch what other retailers are doing.

They've fiddled around with neighborhood stores for a while. Mainly focusing on grocery. But when you're selling crap there is no margin. So you create your differentiation charge a bit more getting your customer to pay for convenience.

jparks54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Fruitvale
    Never heard of "Walmart Express" before. The info in my previous post was over 2 years old. I should have noted that because, obviously, things are changing.

In edgewood texas they just opened up a wallmart corner store its small mainly groceries, pharmacy, and gas. Its even smaller than the non super wallmarts.

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Somewhere here nor there....
    In edgewood texas they just opened up a wallmart corner store its small mainly groceries, pharmacy, and gas. Its even smaller than the non super wallmarts.
    Bingo.... A friend whom is a tad bit up the food chain at Walmart told me they plan to shut down many large stores and are making way to open an awful lot 7-11 size walmarts with gas stations. He said they were going to start out in west texas....

jparks54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Fruitvale
    Bingo.... A friend whom is a tad bit up the food chain at Walmart told me they plan to shut down many large stores and are making way to open an awful lot 7-11 size walmarts with gas stations. He said they were going to start out in west texas....

I think they are trying to strategically place them all over texas the one over here is great for all the little towns and farmers that dont wanna trave to one of the big citys during the week.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Have a boy that works at wallyworld. He just got his portion of the great 90 million dollar pay raise. Went from 9.45 to $9.50 hr. If they do anything but lie I still don't know what it might be.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    My guess is the stores were closed for
    1.) Union activity - Wally Mart is very anti Union.
    2.) Too many work injury/workers comp/lawsuits
    3.) Theft/loss from FSA
    4.) Combo of all others.

WalMart is ruthless.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    It means Walmart moves in and shuts little mom and pop stores down with little concern.

No, what it means it that little mom and pop stores sometimes don't do anything to differentiate their products and services in a way that the market cares.

Walmart doesn't "shut people down." They just show up and do a better job of giving the market what it wants.

I'm not a Walmart fan at all, but those are the facts.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I think it's funny when people accuse Walmart of shutting down the mom and pop stores.

The only people that shut Dow. The mom and pop stores when Walmart moves in are the ones who quit going to the mom and pop stores. It's no different than those who don't use an LGS because a gun can be had cheaper online or at academy.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    It means Walmart moves in and shuts little mom and pop stores down with little concern.

I don't see Walmart forcing anyone to shop at Walmart...

It seems to be completely voluntary where one shops.

As a personal anecdote. They just opened a wallyworld about .1 miles from my house.
    No one has come to me demanding I shop there.

And in that shopping strip that had 2 occupants.

1 left an overpriced cleaners.

Now there are about 25 new businesses. Many of them mom and pops.

How does

Tcruse

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Corinth
    With number of stores that Walmart operates, this small number does not amount to a serious threat or trend. Certainly, Walmart is not one of the "politically correct" companies that Obama's agencies like, so there may be some "new regulation" or "executive order" that forced the closing for repair/rework. Maybe Air Quality or bathrooms not meeting Handicap regulations would be my guess. How knows, maybe Obama's unisex restrooms in the WH is now being forced in other locations. In our area, all of the Walmarts have been remodeled and upgraded. Most had portions and departments closed for periods of time.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    No, what it means it that little mom and pop stores sometimes don't do anything to differentiate their products and services in a way that the market cares.

Walmart doesn't "shut people down." They just show up and do a better job of giving the market what it wants.

I'm not a Walmart fan at all, but those are the facts.

Well, the fact that Walmart owns one or two stores, & can buy the same items at substantial savings does not hurt any....

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    Well, the fact that Walmart owns one or two stores, & can buy the same items at substantial savings does not hurt any....
    Several years ago I sold collision parts from Taiwan. Found out then that walmart ships so much stuff that they determine the going rate for container shipping worldwide

Phoneguy

Proud American and Infidel since 1968
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2013
    North Ft Worth
    Too much talk at the store employee level about Unionizing. Walmart HQ will shut a store down with little to no notice when it feels that the store employees are getting anywhere close to organizing.

99taws6

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2015
    Don't knock Walmart. Without them not many households would be filled with cheap Chinese stuff that breaks every few years, but instead we'd be forced to own stuff made in the USA and have to keep it for far longer.

Top Bottom