• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    A real photographers vest is perfect for all the stuff photographers use. I have two so I acknowledge the utility of cargo vests of all sorts.

That said, I no longer use them for anything for two reasons.

First, they look silly unless you're actually engaged in photography and even then only journalists and hikers who use view cameras get an unconditional pass.

Second, mine are far too big for me. They'd probably slip off my shoulders and fall right down to my ankles. I bought them over 200 pounds ago and now that I'm back down to what I weighed when I was 20 years old, they just swallow me up.
    Invest in a molle assault vest
    Capitol Armory ad

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Good problem to have. Proud for you. Lots of work and discipline to do that.
    Thanks for the kind words...but I was overweight at 20, too. :). I acknowledge that I've come a long way but that gives me confidence that I can reach my final goals.

Support like yours means the world to me.

surevaliance

Make Glockarev happen!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2024
    AZ
    Personally I think that carrying spare mags in a back pack, or any other junk depository is retarded.
    "Oh wait a second Mr. bad guy, I have to find my spare magazine".
    You may be very surprised by how quickly I can retrieve a spare from my Vertx Transit 2.0 which was brilliantly designed specifically for EDC.
    Some say, off-body carry is no-go, because someone could grab your bag. Same can be applied to belt holsters and pouches. I’m speaking from my 10+ years of Russian Military and LE experience, incl. four BOTG deployments to Chechnya in the late 90’s.
    I have met this officer once or twice. He was a great man.

Last edited:

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    Personally I think that carrying spare mags in a back pack, or any other junk depository is retarded.
    "Oh wait a second Mr. bad guy, I have to find my spare magazine".
    I usually have one spare mag in a pocket and the others in the backpack. I don't want to carry 3+ mags on me.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Gordo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2023
    San Antonio
    I’m speaking from my 10+ years of Russian Military and LE experience, incl. four BOTG deployments to Chechnya in the late 90’s.
    FMNKOS2XEAIs6_q.jpg

Gulfport Joe

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 17, 2021
    NAS Pensacola
    I did get a backpack for Christmas. It came with the jacket my wife got me. Came from bullerproofeveryone. It is level III jacket and backpack. So I guess if I am going to carry a backpack it will be my new bulletproof, slash proof, stab proof one.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    A real photographers vest is perfect for all the stuff photographers use. I have two so I acknowledge the utility of cargo vests of all sorts.

That said, I no longer use them for anything for two reasons.

First, they look silly unless you're actually engaged in photography and even then only journalists and hikers who use view cameras get an unconditional pass.

Second, mine are far too big for me. They'd probably slip off my shoulders and fall right down to my ankles. I bought them over 200 pounds ago and now that I'm back down to what I weighed when I was 20 years old, they just swallow me up.
    I've seen photographers vests worn covered with NRA, Glock, Colt and other patches.
    While useful, we called them 'shoot me first vests".

Top Bottom